News Libyan Prime Minister Ali Zeidan kidnapped.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:bismillah:
:salam:
Greeting!

Libya PM Ali Zeidan Kidnapped At Gunpoint

11_big.jpg

cegrab-20131010-064541-159-1-522x293.jpg

This picture appears to show Ali Zeidan being abducted

TRIPOLI — A group of former rebels in Libya said Thursday it had "arrested" Prime Minister Ali Zeidan, after he was seized by gunmen from a Tripoli hotel in a dawn raid.

The Operations Cell of Libyan Revolutionaries, which in principle reports to the defense and interior ministries, said on Facebook it had seized Zeidan "on the prosecutor's orders".

The premier "was arrested under the Libyan penal code... on the instructions of the public prosecutor", the group said.

It said he was detained for "crimes and offenses prejudicial to the state" and its security.

The cabinet said on its Facebook page that ministers were "unaware of immunity being lifted or of any arrest warrant" for the prime minister.

Zeidan's detention comes five days after US commandos embarrassed and angered Libya's government by capturing senior Al-Qaeda suspect Abu Anas Al-Libi off the streets of Tripoli and whisking him away to a warship.

At the time, the Operations Cell of Libyan Revolutionaries ordered its fighters to be prepared for orders to "hunt down and expel foreigners who are illegally in the country".

It said it was on high alert "in light of the deterioration in security and damage to the country's sovereignty by foreign intelligence bodies". — AFP

~News.

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!

Thank you for reading,
Take care,
~Wassalam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah,

thanks for sharing, I am guessing he is the Former Prime Minister rather than one in the new regime?

um_mustafa

sister in Islam

thanks for sharing, I am guessing he is the Former Prime Minister rather than one in the new regime?
Sasalamualikum , No he is the present PM, but is safe and back at home with in hours , political games he says .

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Sasalamualikum , No he is the present PM, but is safe and back at home with in hours , political games he says .

May Allah keep the Libyan people safe, and give them stability and good governance, amin.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★

May Allah keep the Libyan people safe, and give them stability and good governance, amin.

Amin!

:salam:
:75:
Allah swt grant
your good du'a brother.

Libya's prime minister has returned to work hours after being released from kidnappers.
Thank you for passing by,
Take care,

~Wassalam :)

Last edited: