Question: List different ways you strengthen your Iman?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

Lets make a list of things we can do to strengthen our Iman. Just state what you do.

There is no one right answer to this and it is okay to state the same things. It would be nice to see different responses though. You can elaborate maybe by adding your favourite Quran reciter, a favourite video or du'aa etc

I will start with the most obvious and also perhaps the best:

Reading and listening to recitation of the Qur'an.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Wa 'alaykum salaam, great thread.

Ibadah is addictive, Imaan is its a cycle. The more one does, the stronger it gets. So I try to get the good going. I set a standard, and try to go beyond the, what I call, default forms of worship. To boost the imaan, the goal is to go higher than one's own standard. That's how I go at it. Specifics? The core of it is attachment and polishing the heart, so I try to watch/listen/read texts that will increase my desire to approach my Creator. In doing so, it is a purification process for the heart. When the heart is polished, or when the soil is fertile, the seeds grow, knowledge becomes accessible. Knowledge translates to action. Thus the cycle.

So, set the standard, but aim higher than the standard, my take on it.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Wa aleykum salam wr wb

Quran{51:20}-”on the earth and within yourselves are signs for firm believers, can you not see ?”
Quran{29:45}-”The God has created the heavens and the earth with truth. In that surely is a sign for the believers”
Quran{39:9}-”are those equal who know and those who do not know ??? it is those endowed with understanding that receive admonition”

I think about how world is constructed, the cycle of life, our DNA, our brain, the bees, love, the rain...sometimes in prayer I imagine the elephants running in Africa..all has a design and therefore there is a Designer, we are part of a plan and I pray to Allah to guide us accordingly.
For me, first should be the understanding that we are created from love and we will end up with Allah. This is how I feel my Iman. Is not working with increasing the quantity of Du`a until I increase the quality of faith.

Last edited:

Seeking Peace

Walaikum Salam Wr Wb...

for me Salaat is the stepping stone...the day i started praying i could feel a change..keeping up with Salaat can discipline one's whole life to perfection Subhaan Allah...and the added effect given by Adhkaar Subhaan Allah...

listening and reciting Qur'an on a regular basis is a definite thumbs up if you want to pursue a peaceful journey of Emaan..in fact in my opinion Salaat and Qur'an go hand in hand complementing each other...

but just recently i learnt something very precious and important to our lives, "to reflect"

"Then do they not reflect upon the Qur'an, or are there locks upon [their] hearts?"
(Qur'an Surat Muhammad Verse 24)

for the past few months i've been going through a very rough patch...and these testing times have given me a lot of space and time to think...in these testing times i've learnt so many things that may be i could never have come across in normal life Alhamd-u-lilallah...the most important of all the lessons to reflect on everything...this reflecting gives you so much to learn and realize about the Qudrat of Allah s.w.t and helps shape your Emaan beautifully...words can not describe this experience...so for me nowadays am into thinking and reflecting on almost everything that i come across...it opens such diverse universes that at times its hard to absorb it all Subhaan Allah...

i believe reflecting has a very strong bondage with Emaan...if you find that link and work around it Subhaan Allah...words can't express the feeling...

W'S..

WannabeHijabi

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
I listen to various Islamic lecturers, on as many subjects as I can to gain knowledge of the deen.

I also try and read a little Qur'an each day, even if it's just a few ayat.

I'm trying to make my life around salat, not salat around my life. It's so much easier that way.

Izache Corzo

I listen to various Islamic lecturers, on as many subjects as I can to gain knowledge of the deen.

I also try and read a little Qur'an each day, even if it's just a few ayat.

I'm trying to make my life around salat, not salat around my life. It's so much easier that way.

Alhamdulillah! I like this way of thinking very much:
"I'm trying to make my life around salat, not salat around my life. It's so much easier that way."
I will remember this and use it.
Tabarak Allah, sis.

Izache Corzo

For me, it's reading what my brothers and sisters share day in and out. The love y'all have for Allah, Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala, is evident all over the place. I read certain things and I say to myself...yes, that's the muslim I want to be. Alhamdulillah.