Confused about playing musical instrument in school

Is music haram or halal?

• Total voters

HirraJaved

:salam: Music, is it good or bad? I read this hadith-Hadhrat Abu Maalik Ash'ari (radhiyallahu anhu) says that he heard Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) say: "Most certainly, there will be in my Ummah people who will make lawful fornication, silk, liquor and musical instruments." (Bukhaari) but then theres people that say its okay, and they say we hear music everyday like the birds and stuff. I just dont see how it makes sense, i feel ike its bad since theres a hadith on it but what i was reading before someone said that these hadith are weak, and that music is okay and that Muhammad peace be upon him used to listen to it and so did Aisha may Allah be pleased with her. I don't know which one is true and i really need someone smart to answer me. May Allah bless you.

HirraJaved

nevermi
Walaikum Salam Wr Wb Sister...

please visit the following links...

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/96219

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/5000

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/search?key=music halaal or haraam&yt0=search

may Allah s.w.t guide and make it easy for all of us to follow His Path...ameen sum ameen..

W'S...
nevermind, i figured it out. Music is the voice of shaitan and on the day of judgement Allah aza wajal will call those who protected their ears and eyes from it and seperate them from the rest and we will hear the Angels reciting tasbih and tamjeed like we've never heard it before. Subhanallah, I'm done with music.

MehmetHilmi

Music is everywhere. The sound of birds, the running water of a river, the wind, and many more. I truly believe that if used in a good way, music is fine to listen to. Sometimes when I listen to the Sufi Ney flute, I feel relaxed and closer to God.

HirraJaved

Music is everywhere. The sound of birds, the running water of a river, the wind, and many more. I truly believe that if used in a good way, music is fine to listen to. Sometimes when I listen to the Sufi Ney flute, I feel relaxed and closer to God.
no its not!! In a lengthy Hadith narrated by Hadhrat Abu Umaamah (radhiyallahu anhu), it is mentioned that on the occasion of the expulsion of shaitaan from the heaven and his exile to earth, he (Iblees) supplicated to Allah Ta'ala: "O my Rabb! You have exiled me to earth and you have made me accursed………Now, therefore bestow to me a caller (who can call to my path).' Allah Ta'ala said: "(Your caller) is musical instruments……….." (Tibraani) Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "On the Day of Qiyaamah, Allah Azza Wa Jal will proclaim: "Where are those who had protected their ears and their eyes from the musical instruments of shaitaan?" (Allah Ta'ala will instruct the Malaaikah): "Separate them (from the multitudes of people)." They (the Angels) will separate them, and have them seated on dunes of musk and ambergris then Allah Ta'ala will say to the Malaaikah: "Recite to them My Tasbeeh and My Tamjeed." The Malaaikah will then recite to them with such beautiful voices, the likes of which no one had ever heard."

MehmetHilmi

I do listen to the words of advice from my Imams and Islamic teachers. And since my childhood, no one has taught me that music is Haram, only bad music is (for example music with bad words, alcohol, drugs). I even specifically asked my Imams many times. They do not believe music is Haram. I guess the Turkish Muslim community is different though. Even the Late Ottoman Caliphs had imperial anthems composed for the Empire. I do respect your view though and I believe there is truth to what you are saying.