Alhamdulillah Allah answered my prayer!

WannabeHijabi

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
I've been trying my utmost to pray 5 times a day, but praying at work mostly involved me making some excuse around prayer time and really hoping that no-one found me or disturbed me. I also found myself being forced by space issues to pray in the communal staffroom, which wasn't ideal.

So I deeply wished to approach my manager and ask him whether it would be possible to get some time allocated during shifts to pray, and also a better place to pray, but I really could not pluck up the courage to do so, even though it's not a particular secret at work that I follow Islam. I did the only thing I could think of and made du'aa to Allah that somehow He would provide a solution.

Last week I went into work as normal and not too long after I'd arrived I got a call to the back office asking me to go to the manager's office straight away. My immediate thought was that I was about to be given a warning for something, and when I got there both the general manager and the assistant manager were there, which only served to make my feeling of dread worse.

It actually turned out that both managers wanted to discuss Islam with me! In particular the assistant manager told me that he knew close to nothing about Islam and so I used the opportunity to give him an 'Islam 101'. Also, my manager said he's more than happy to allow me to have breaks for salah whilst at work, and that I'm free to use any of the offices, including the manager's office, if I wished.

Allah really does answer prayers! Masha'allah!

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Yaayy! Masha allah. May their hearts be softened and they receive hidayah. Also, its a law you must get breaks at work. thats a law in all first world countries. i dont know how many breaks, but you do legally get break(s) and what you choose to do on them is your business. At my work (also retail) the department of labor gives 1 10 minute break per 5 hours, then a 30 minute and 10 minute per 6 hours. 8 hours gets 2 10's and 1 30, etc. the law protects workers in that aspect. if anyone denies you a break, please report their sorry selves.

WannabeHijabi

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Yaayy! Masha allah. May their hearts be softened and they receive hidayah. Also, its a law you must get breaks at work. thats a law in all first world countries. i dont know how many breaks, but you do legally get break(s) and what you choose to do on them is your business. At my work (also retail) the department of labor gives 1 10 minute break per 5 hours, then a 30 minute and 10 minute per 6 hours. 8 hours gets 2 10's and 1 30, etc. the law protects workers in that aspect. if anyone denies you a break, please report their sorry selves.

Don't know whether this is a legal policy or a company policy but where I work you only get official breaks if you're working 5 hours or more. But even if you're working for one hour, no-one is going to stop you getting a drink/going to the toilet/anything else like that, unless people start taking advantage.

Bilal Chouhan

sister i am very happy for you that your dua got accepted..Allah does listens to hearts that are sincere..Now can you help me in my issue

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum sister,

Mashallah I'm very happy to hear that! Alhamdulillah Allahu Akbar!

HirraJaved

Wow! Alhamdulıllah. Ive got the same problem except ıt school. Idk ıf theyd let me skıp class for ıt or where ı could even go but ın sha Allah tomorrow ı wıll tell guıdance about ıt and the counselor there was ınterested ın learnıng more about ıslam so maybe she wıll let me. And yes ı wıll make lots of dua to Allah about thıs, no doubt Allah answers the prayer of the supplıcant.

John Smith

Really made up for you Sis, prime example in putting you're trust in Allah as he always answers.

More than happy for you, I remember when I first started practising my Non-Muslim friends would remind me about prayer times and became very accommodating & protective over my faith.

May Allah Swt answer all your Duas.

lioness

Bismillah
Salam alekum wa rahmatullah wa barakeetuh ukhty,

Masa'Allah, so happy for you.
May Allah SWT keep you under His Mercy and Protection,Ameen.

WannabeHijabi

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Really made up for you Sis, prime example in putting you're trust in Allah as he always answers.

More than happy for you, I remember when I first started practising my Non-Muslim friends would remind me about prayer times and became very accommodating & protective over my faith.

May Allah Swt answer all your Duas.

Somtimes He answers through the most unlikely source too. My managers were the last two people I'd have thought to want to know about Islam, much less actively encourage my faith.

And like yourself, I'm finding that my non-Muslim friends are supportive and very kind to me. Plus my hijab has provoked a number of very interesting conversations, including with customers. Some of them have never met a hijabi in person before and been able to ask about it.

John Smith

Somtimes He answers through the most unlikely source too. My managers were the last two people I'd have thought to want to know about Islam, much less actively encourage my faith.

And like yourself, I'm finding that my non-Muslim friends are supportive and very kind to me. Plus my hijab has provoked a number of very interesting conversations, including with customers. Some of them have never met a hijabi in person before and been able to ask about it.

You have now become an Ambassador for Islam,may Allah Swt make it easy for you....Ameen.