Hadith of the Day

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

Chapter 60
Excellence of Generosity and Spending in a Good cause with Reliance on Allah

Hadith 562

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "While a man was walking through a barren land, he heard a voice coming out of a cloud saying: `Irrigate the garden of so-and-so.' Thereupon the cloud drifted in a certain direction and discharged its water over a rocky plain. The streamlets flowed into a channel. This man followed the channel until it reached a garden and he saw the owner of the garden standing in its center, working with his spade spreading the water changing the course of the water). He asked him: "O slave of Allah, what is your name?'' He told his name, which was the same that he heard from the cloud. The owner of the garden then asked him: "O slave of Allah, why did you ask my name?'' He replied: "I heard a voice from a cloud which poured down this water saying: `Irrigate the garden of so-and-so.' I would like to know what do you do with it.'' He said: "Now that you asked me, I will tell you. I estimate the produce of the garden and distribute one-third of it in charity, I spend one-third on myself and my family and invest one-third back into the garden.''
[Muslim].

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

Chapter 71
Modesty and Courtesy towards the Believers

Hadith 608

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: When the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) finished eating his food, he would lick his three fingers (i.e., the forefinger, the middle finger and the thumb). He (PBUH) said, "If anyone of you drops a morsel, he should remove anything harmful from it and then eat it. He should not leave it for Shaitan.'' He commanded us to clean out the dish saying, "You do not know in what portion of your food the blessing lies.''
[Muslim].

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

Usamah bin Zaid (May Allah bepleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "A man will be brought on the Day of Resurrection and will be cast into Hell, and his intestines will pour forth and he will go round them as a donkey goes round a millstone. The inmates of Hell will gather round him and say: `What has happened to you, O so-and-so? Were you not enjoining us to do good and forbidding us to do evil?' He will reply:
`I was enjoining you to do good, but was not doing it myself; and I was forbidding you to do evil, but was doing it myself".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

Chapter 27
Reverence towards the Sanctity of the Muslims

Hadith 238

Abu Hurairah (May Allah bepleased with him) reported: Messenger of
Allah (PBUH) said, "A believer owes another believer five rights:
responding to greetings, visiting him in illness, following his funeral,
accepting his invitation, and saying `Yarhamuk-Allah (May Allah have mercy
on you),' when he says `Al-hamdu lillah (Praise be to Allah)' after
sneezing".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

Chapter 32
Superiority of Poor, Weak and unrenowned Muslims

Hadith 252

Harithah bin Wahb (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard
Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "Shall I not inform you about the people
of Jannah? It is every person who is, modest and humble (before Allah), a
person who is accounted weak and is looked down upon but if he adjures
Allah, Allah will certainly give him what he desires. Now shall I not
inform you about the inmates of Hell? It is every violent, impertinent and
proud man".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Hajar

Staff member
:salam2: Bismillah,

Volume 1, Book 10, Number 512

Narrated Abu Huraira:The Prophet said, "In very hot weather delay the Zuhr prayer till it becomes (a bit) cooler because the severity of heat is from the raging of Hell-fire. The Hell-fire of Hell complained to its Lord saying: O Lord! My parts are eating (destroying) one another.
So Allah allowed it to take two breaths, one in the winter and the other in the summer. The breath in the summer is at the time when you feel the severest heat and the breath in the winter is at the time when you feel the severest cold."

Hajar

Staff member
Narrated by: Ghailan

Anas said "You people do (bad) deeds (commit sins) which seem in your eyes as tiny (minute) than hair while we used to consider those (very deeds) during the life-time of the Prophet as destructive sins."

Source: Sahih Bukhari 8.499

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

Chapter 102
Response to an Invitation extended to a Man observing Saum (Fasting)

Hadith 738

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "When any of you is invited to a meal, he should accept the invitation. If he is observing Saum (fasting), he should supplicate for the betterment of the host and if he is not fasting, he should eat."
Muslim].

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu'alaykum

We have been given two great blessings that we have taken for granted our health and free time. Let us remember this hadith of the Prophet (pbuh). He said:

“There are two blessings in which many people incur loss. (They are) health and free time (for doing good)”.

(Al-Bukhari)

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

Chapter 96
Bidding Farewell and Advising on the Eve of Departure for a Journey or other Things

Hadith 714

`Umar bin Al-Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I sought permission of the Prophet (PBUH) to perform `Umrah, and he granted me leave and said, "Brother, do not forget us in your supplications." I would not exchange these words of his for the whole world.

Another narration is: He (PBUH) said, "Include us, my brother, in your supplications."
[Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi].

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

Chapter 45
Visiting the Pious Persons, loving them and adoption of their company

Hadith 370

Ibn Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A man came to Messenger of Allah (PBUH) and said, "O Messenger of Allah! What do you think of a man who loves some people but does not go any nearer to their position?'' He (PBUH) replied, "A man will be with those whom he loves".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

Chapter 100
Mentioning Bismillah before and saying Al-Hamdulillah after Eating

Hadith 728

`Umar bin Abu Salamah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH), said to me, "Mention Allah's Name (i.e., say Bismillah before starting eating), eat with your right hand, and eat from what is near you."
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

Allah's Apostle said, "When the month of Ramadan starts, the gates of the heaven are opened and the gates of Hell are closed and the devils are chained." [Bukhari]

Narrated Abu Huraira(r.a): The Prophet said:"... whoever fasts during Ramadan out of sincere faith and hoping to attain Allah's rewards, then all his past sins will be forgiven." (Sahih Al-Bukhari).

Marina28

The Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said: “Allah, Blessed and Exalted is He, says, ‘O son of Adam, as long as you call on Me, I shall forgive you of what you have done, and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if your sins were to reach up to the clouds in the sky, and then you were to ask for My forgiveness, I would forgive you and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if you were to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth, and then you were to meet Me after death, not worshipping anything besides Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as the earth.’” [Tirmidhi]

Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) loves it when people ask Him to forgive their sins. He is overjoyed with their repentance, since He hates to punish anybody. At the slightest excuse He washes people’s sins away. The only condition is that the human being must truly regret in his/her heart that they did what they did. The sinner should be ashamed of their misdeeds, and discontinue committing such sins. If the resolve to avoid the sin is not there then one has not actually repented.

In this hadith, Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) tells us that no matter how many a person’s sins are, should they even reach the sky in heaps, Allah would forgive the sinner if they were to turn to Allah in repentance. In a different hadith, the Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) told us that Allah’s bounty is so vast that He would actually convert all the sins into good deeds, should the person truly repent. We should not postpone repenting of our sins and reforming ourselves to when we become old, since nobody knows when they will die.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
The Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said: “Allah, Blessed and Exalted is He, says, ‘O son of Adam, as long as you call on Me, I shall forgive you of what you have done, and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if your sins were to reach up to the clouds in the sky, and then you were to ask for My forgiveness, I would forgive you and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if you were to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth, and then you were to meet Me after death, not worshipping anything besides Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as the earth.’” [Tirmidhi]

Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) loves it when people ask Him to forgive their sins. He is overjoyed with their repentance, since He hates to punish anybody. At the slightest excuse He washes people’s sins away. The only condition is that the human being must truly regret in his/her heart that they did what they did. The sinner should be ashamed of their misdeeds, and discontinue committing such sins. If the resolve to avoid the sin is not there then one has not actually repented.

In this hadith, Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) tells us that no matter how many a person’s sins are, should they even reach the sky in heaps, Allah would forgive the sinner if they were to turn to Allah in repentance. In a different hadith, the Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) told us that Allah’s bounty is so vast that He would actually convert all the sins into good deeds, should the person truly repent. We should not postpone repenting of our sins and reforming ourselves to when we become old, since nobody knows when they will die.

Assalamu Alaykum, Jazakillahu khayran for sharing.

Ibn Abi’l-Dunya narrated from Ibn ‘Umar that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The most beloved of people to Allaah is the one who brings most benefit to people, and the most beloved of deeds to Allaah is making a Muslim happy, or relieving him of hardship, or paying off his debt, or warding off hunger from him. For me to go with my Muslim brother to meet his need is dearer to me than observing i’tikaaf in this mosque – meaning the mosque of Madeenah – for a month… whoever goes with his Muslim brother to meet his need, Allaah will make him stand firm on the Day when all feet will slip.” Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, 2623.

روى ابن أبي الدنيا عن ابن عمر أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال : ( أحب الناس إلى الله أنفعهم للناس ، وأحب الأعمال إلى الله عز وجل سرور تدخله على مسلم ، أو تكشف عنه كربة ، أو تقضي عنه دينا ، أو تطرد عنه جوعا ، ولأن أمشي مع أخي المسلم في حاجة أحبُّ إليّ من أن اعتكف في هذا المسجد – يعني مسجد المدينة - شهرا . . . ومن مشى مع أخيه المسلم في حاجة حتى يثبتها له أثبت الله تعالى قدمه يوم تزول الأقدام ) حسنه الألباني في الترغيب والترهيب (2623)

HirraJaved

Bukhari, Tirmidhi, and Imam Nasa’i relate the prophetic hadith form Ibn Abbas, “Whoever makes a picture, Allah shall torture him with it on the Day of Judgment until he can breathe life into it, and he will never be able to.” Please don't take pictures guys. Anything with life in it, if you draw it or take the picture with a camra or somthing, you will gt a severe punishmnt bcaus evry tim you r claiming that you can create what Allah has created while you aren't aware but that's true so don't take pictures.

Ummah123

Bukhari, Tirmidhi, and Imam Nasa’i relate the prophetic hadith form Ibn Abbas, “Whoever makes a picture, Allah shall torture him with it on the Day of Judgment until he can breathe life into it, and he will never be able to.” Please don't take pictures guys. Anything with life in it, if you draw it or take the picture with a camra or somthing, you will gt a severe punishmnt bcaus evry tim you r claiming that you can create what Allah has created while you aren't aware but that's true so don't take pictures.

i know about drawng animate things and making statues being haram, but what's wrong with photographs?

HirraJaved

i know about drawng animate things and making statues being haram, but what's wrong with photographs?
I wasn't sure about that either until on eid when a brother was tking pictures and the imam said to the whole masjid not t take pictures, referring t this man. And you probably know the hadith saying beware f the newly invented things because they re astray, since the camera is newly invented and they didn't have it in Muhammad :saw: time its best not to use it. And plus anther hadith which sys that the angels of mercy do not enter a house in which there are pictures of humans or animals, that shows just hw bad pictures are.

Marina28

Burdah Al-Aslami reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Give glad tidings to those who walk to the mosque in darkness, for it will become fully light on the Day of Resurrection.”

Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi 223

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to As-Suyuti

عَنْ بُرَيْدَةَ الْأَسْلَمِيِّ عَنْ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ بَشِّرْ الْمَشَّائِينَ فِي الظُّلَمِ إِلَى الْمَسَاجِدِ بِالنُّورِ التَّامِّ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ

223 سنن الترمذي كِتَاب الصَّلَاةِ بَاب مَا جَاءَ فِي فَضْلِ الْجَمَاعَةِ من صلى الصبح فهو في ذمة الله فلا تخفروا الله في ذمته

المحدث السيوطي خلاصة حكم المحدث صحيح