My life now

Sakeena

Asalaamu alaikum cuppy cakessssss. :D first of all, I can't find the bright pink color I use for my words. No fair guys. :p Weell, I'm back everyone. Alhamdulilah. A lot has happened since my 5 year absence from TTI......

In 2010 I started going to college because my mom told me to 'try it out to see if I like' --I hait. It didn't have my desired major yet there was no getting out of it at that time. My health over time was getting worse. I felt more and more fatigued and hated climbing the stairs at college, especially up. I failed college math with flying colors lol. I can't even grasp the basics so how am I gonna understand the complex problems?! I never told anyone about that hehe. Anyway college got extremely boring as I had taken graphics design throughout high school but I was no longer interested in it as a job.

I had been babysitng a Muslim woman's two girls while she goes to these different events sneaking around with an Imam. She told me she's his "Right Hand Possession" :eek: I didn't know a whole lot about it so I accepted it as nothing bad. I'll write more about that but keeping things in order. Anyway, I dropped out of college in 2011 babysitting more for the sister. Before leaving college I was given a Qur'an (my first one in 5 years!!!)

Mom and grandpa were not happy about me leaving college. They didn't pay for anything except for my books, which they could've refunded for their money. I stayed over the Muslim sister's home and slept on her sofa most night I was there. That summer, my dad called from Hawaii and said he's having a surgery and asked if I could come and help him. I reluncantly agreed to go. By then I was already praying five times a day like a pro Alhamdulilah.

Hawaii: my dad has lived there since 1999. I arrived in June 2011. As it turned out my mother had me sent there so that I wouldn't be around Muslims. My dad was very mean at times and very controlling n would drink so as you can imagine I didnt have that much fun living with him. My health was also effected by the verbal abuse. I was diagnosed with Lupus in March. Anyway in May 2012 things got really bad and I mean as bad as they could get, I had planned to stay with a sister for a little while but my dad found my bags and kicked me out. Things took a turn for the worse when the sister's husband attacked me. That same day I packed a bag and snook off when he was talking with his wife and took a bus to downtown Honolulu. I arrived at a very kind sister's home where I knew her from the Manoa masjid, the only masjid in O'ahu.

I explained to her everything that happened and soon the community knew. I went to a treatment center for, well, treatment and the next day I filed a police report. Two weeks later they dropped it. I returned to living with my dad who told me over and over that I deserved what I got and told me I should go live with that guy. I was harassed in the masjid by a sister who decided not to believe me and felt overwhelmingly unwelcome there. I tried to make friends with sisters but they would stab me in the back/talk about me. :frown:

Anyway, I still have no idea why I stayed in Hawaii for almost 2 years when so many horrible things were happening to me. Are there any psychotherapists on TTI that could answer that for me? Please. :( I still feel very stupid and foolish. I feel like all these things happened bc I was so young n no one to guide me or teach me. :SMILY23:
Anway, time went on and I was basically in denial about how unhappy I really was., I started talking to a sister in Rhode Island. She opened her home to me. I successfully ranaway on February 7th 2013 without anyone knowing. A brother gave me a ride to the airport (at a cost lol) :cold: I arrived in Providence and the sister and I took the bus to her town. It was VERY COLD. The kiddies greeted me. They were very cute mashaAllah.

The community there was nicer to me but in the end the sisters I had befriended had some issues related to drugs and jealousy. I did drugs too, but not everyday and eventually stopped Alhamdulilah. I was in and out of the hospitals for psychiological problems and was put on strong medicine. Our living situation wasn't always peaceful. I would be screaming at her whenever she would make me angry.

I later realized that if I ever wanted to get better the drugs were not the answer to my problems AL-QUR'AN was the answer. I stopped doing drugs while the sister continued. I put off talking to her bc I hadn't figured out where my next move was going to be and didnt her getting angry at me and kicking me out. Over the five months I refused to return home to my mother who over the years had been so controlling and mean to me. In July, 2013, anr sister who had helped me out with the attack and mental disorder, etc told me noa good time to go home. That she could beel in her bones. :hijabi: Hehe Allahu Akbar! I called me immediately and said I'm coming home.

Boy, was she happy and relieved. :D And so was I. Oh, and grandpa too. We decided not tell anyone (except for my two brothers who live there lol) my dad called me and said he will book the plane ticket which was the next day. So on Saturday night, I arrived in Atlanta, GA. I'm a pro at navigating the airport hehe. On Sunday, we held a surprise party and everyone was happy and FINALLY after 7-8 years my mom said "We accept that you're a Muslim and you can relax now and don't have to lie about anything," :hearts:things have been awesome ever since that day. By the way, I just turned 24 on October 26 2013. I've been Muslimah since 15 Alhamdulilah. I was also reunited with my dear friend Hina who had given me Dawah.

Alhamdulilah :hijabi:

Sakeena

I solve psychological problems for people. Sister no worries, Allah is with you! :)

In Shaa Allah I need some help but tired of turning to nonmuslim therapists who don't know the Deen to help me in accordance to it nor do I like non-professional Muslims who help me half the time and the rest of the time end up hurting me and complain they can't deal with it anymore...

friend263

Asalaamu alaikum cuppy cakessssss. :D first of all, I can't find the bright pink color I use for my words. No fair guys. :p Weell, I'm back everyone. Alhamdulilah. A lot has happened since my 5 year absence from TTI......

In 2010 I started going to college because my mom told me to 'try it out to see if I like' --I hait. It didn't have my desired major yet there was no getting out of it at that time. My health over time was getting worse. I felt more and more fatigued and hated climbing the stairs at college, especially up. I failed college math with flying colors lol. I can't even grasp the basics so how am I gonna understand the complex problems?! I never told anyone about that hehe. Anyway college got extremely boring as I had taken graphics design throughout high school but I was no longer interested in it as a job.

I had been babysitng a Muslim woman's two girls while she goes to these different events sneaking around with an Imam. She told me she's his "Right Hand Possession" :eek: I didn't know a whole lot about it so I accepted it as nothing bad. I'll write more about that but keeping things in order. Anyway, I dropped out of college in 2011 babysitting more for the sister. Before leaving college I was given a Qur'an (my first one in 5 years!!!)

Mom and grandpa were not happy about me leaving college. They didn't pay for anything except for my books, which they could've refunded for their money. I stayed over the Muslim sister's home and slept on her sofa most night I was there. That summer, my dad called from Hawaii and said he's having a surgery and asked if I could come and help him. I reluncantly agreed to go. By then I was already praying five times a day like a pro Alhamdulilah.

Hawaii: my dad has lived there since 1999. I arrived in June 2011. As it turned out my mother had me sent there so that I wouldn't be around Muslims. My dad was very mean at times and very controlling n would drink so as you can imagine I didnt have that much fun living with him. My health was also effected by the verbal abuse. I was diagnosed with Lupus in March. Anyway in May 2012 things got really bad and I mean as bad as they could get, I had planned to stay with a sister for a little while but my dad found my bags and kicked me out. Things took a turn for the worse when the sister's husband attacked me. That same day I packed a bag and snook off when he was talking with his wife and took a bus to downtown Honolulu. I arrived at a very kind sister's home where I knew her from the Manoa masjid, the only masjid in O'ahu.

I explained to her everything that happened and soon the community knew. I went to a treatment center for, well, treatment and the next day I filed a police report. Two weeks later they dropped it. I returned to living with my dad who told me over and over that I deserved what I got and told me I should go live with that guy. I was harassed in the masjid by a sister who decided not to believe me and felt overwhelmingly unwelcome there. I tried to make friends with sisters but they would stab me in the back/talk about me. :frown:

Anyway, I still have no idea why I stayed in Hawaii for almost 2 years when so many horrible things were happening to me. Are there any psychotherapists on TTI that could answer that for me? Please. :( I still feel very stupid and foolish. I feel like all these things happened bc I was so young n no one to guide me or teach me. :SMILY23:
Anway, time went on and I was basically in denial about how unhappy I really was., I started talking to a sister in Rhode Island. She opened her home to me. I successfully ranaway on February 7th 2013 without anyone knowing. A brother gave me a ride to the airport (at a cost lol) :cold: I arrived in Providence and the sister and I took the bus to her town. It was VERY COLD. The kiddies greeted me. They were very cute mashaAllah.

The community there was nicer to me but in the end the sisters I had befriended had some issues related to drugs and jealousy. I did drugs too, but not everyday and eventually stopped Alhamdulilah. I was in and out of the hospitals for psychiological problems and was put on strong medicine. Our living situation wasn't always peaceful. I would be screaming at her whenever she would make me angry.

I later realized that if I ever wanted to get better the drugs were not the answer to my problems AL-QUR'AN was the answer. I stopped doing drugs while the sister continued. I put off talking to her bc I hadn't figured out where my next move was going to be and didnt her getting angry at me and kicking me out. Over the five months I refused to return home to my mother who over the years had been so controlling and mean to me. In July, 2013, anr sister who had helped me out with the attack and mental disorder, etc told me noa good time to go home. That she could beel in her bones. :hijabi: Hehe Allahu Akbar! I called me immediately and said I'm coming home.

Boy, was she happy and relieved. :D And so was I. Oh, and grandpa too. We decided not tell anyone (except for my two brothers who live there lol) my dad called me and said he will book the plane ticket which was the next day. So on Saturday night, I arrived in Atlanta, GA. I'm a pro at navigating the airport hehe. On Sunday, we held a surprise party and everyone was happy and FINALLY after 7-8 years my mom said "We accept that you're a Muslim and you can relax now and don't have to lie about anything," :hearts:things have been awesome ever since that day. By the way, I just turned 24 on October 26 2013. I've been Muslimah since 15 Alhamdulilah. I was also reunited with my dear friend Hina who had given me Dawah.

Alhamdulilah :hijabi:
Ya allah and i thought its only me with loads of problems