War

Turning Islamic

In the Quran it says to kill an innocent man is like killing all of human race altogether. Where in the Quran is this said and also what does something like 4:20 mean in terms of surah and chapter. Finally if killing a innocent man is so bad why are their islamic wars ( I am not talking about now but before in the olden times) or even now when the sunni and shia are fighting even though they are the same religion. Thanks in advance one again and I don't doubt Islam but just want to further knowledge

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
:bismillah1:
:salam:
The reference you ask about is Surat al-Maidah, Ayah 32
This also answers your second question, as it can be written 5:32, though I find it better to name the Surah

"On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land." Surat al-Maidah, 5:32

As for the third question you ask, if you post it on its own as a question you might get some thoughts and opinions of the members here, but if you really want to bypass the personal philosophies, it is better, as the sister says, to ask someone of knowledge, in shaa Allah.

BarakAllah feek