Decision making

Dear Brother and Sisters
I am facing some problem regarding my career and marriage. I am very much confused and worried .Moreover , i have to go for arrange marriage and my job is new.In short,i think am not settled yet.But my parents and colleges are telling me about marriage repeatedly.They are finding matches for me and am very much afraid about this searching process.I am in a dilemma should i wait for one year so that i can be sttled (am studying for higher studies at intial stage)in my job and studies or listen to others.

I want to know about salatul istekhara and please suggest me other duah and prayer so that i can get out of this dilemma successfully.
Thank You

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Salaam alaikum Sister,

You will have noticed the big changes to the site recently, perhaps that is why there haven't been more answers here.

This thread should answer your questions about istikhara, in shaa Allah: http://turntoislam.com/community/threads/istikharah.6612/

As for your family and so on, perhaps by bumping this thread, sisters with experience of such situations will see this and respond.

In shaa Allah. wa sallam.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

You are not facing a problem. You are an extremely fortunate young woman. You should be saying Alhumdullila.

It seems by your words you are not sure about marriage at this point. If that is the case delay for a year. Allow the young suitors to pursue women who are ready for the commitment of marriage and all its responsibilities. You do not want to enter a relationship with any regrets. That would be unfair to everyone, including yourself.

However, keep in mind a career has a ceiling. A marriage has no limits. Do not delay for too long. A woman can not be married to her job. She comes home to an empty house.

Assalaam alaikum,

You are not facing a problem. You are an extremely fortunate young woman. You should be saying Alhumdullila.

It seems by your words you are not sure about marriage at this point. If that is the case delay for a year. Allow the young suitors to pursue women who are ready for the commitment of marriage and all its responsibilities. You do not want to enter a relationship with any regrets. That would be unfair to everyone, including yourself.

However, keep in mind a career has a ceiling. A marriage has no limits. Do not delay for too long. A woman can not be married to her job. She comes home to an empty house.
Thank you Aapa for your concern .Even i know that women can not married to her job but due to surroundings and circumstances ,She needs to think twice before taking decision.As in my family there are tow broken marriages and since my childhood i ve seen them and always wondering why these happen to my family .It is normal for a girl dreaming about her marriage at these age but its not accepted behavior the way i am thinking.Please pray for mine sister that Allah give me the blessing to pick what ever is right for me and give me the courage to face the reality.

Thank you once again for your kind note .May Allah bless you with all the good things in these world and after words.
Ameen

muhammad sabri

Dear Brother and Sisters
I am facing some problem regarding my career and marriage. I am very much confused and worried .Moreover , i have to go for arrange marriage and my job is new.In short,i think am not settled yet.But my parents and colleges are telling me about marriage repeatedly.They are finding matches for me and am very much afraid about this searching process.I am in a dilemma should i wait for one year so that i can be sttled (am studying for higher studies at intial stage)in my job and studies or listen to others.

I want to know about salatul istekhara and please suggest me other duah and prayer so that i can get out of this dilemma successfully.
Thank You

Salam my Dear Sister,
as for the Salatul ul istikhara this is how it's done: you pray two rakaat (better if done at fajr/tahajjud) and after the prayer while you're still sitting you say this du'a--->TRANSLATION: "O Allah! I seek goodness from Your Knowledge and with Your Power (and Might) I seek strength, and I ask from You Your Great Blessings, because You have the Power and I do not have the power. You Know everything and I do not know, and You have knowledge of the unseen. Oh Allah! If in Your Knowledge this action ------------------------------------------------ (which I intend to do) is better for my religion and faith, for my life and end [death], for here [in this world] and the hereafter then make it destined for me and make it easy for me and then add blessings [baraka'] in it, for me. O Allah! In Your Knowledge if this action is bad for me, bad for my religion and faith, for my life and end [death], for here [in this world] and the hereafter then turn it away from me and turn me away from it and whatever is better for me, ordain [destine] that for me and then make me satisfied with it." ARABIC TRANSLITERATION: ‘Allahumma inni astakhiruka bi’ilmika, Wa astaqdiruka bi-qudratika, Wa as’alaka min fadlika al-’azlm Fa-innaka taqdiru Wala aqdiru, Wa ta’lamu Wala a’lamu, Wa anta ‘allamu l-ghuyub. Allahumma, in kunta ta’lam anna hadha-l-amra Khairun li fi dini wa ma’ashi wa’aqibati amri (or ‘ajili amri wa’ajilihi) Faqdirhu wa yas-sirhu li thumma barik li Fihi, Wa in kunta ta’lamu anna hadha-lamra shar-run li fi dini wa ma’ashi wa’aqibati amri (or fi’ajili amri wa ajilihi) Fasrifhu anni was-rifni anhu. Waqdir li al-khaira haithu kana Thumma ardini bihi.’ as for your situation i suggest this inch'Allah...Get to know the people you're presented with,try to know islamically if they're really good people and caring and good muslim, and try to look deep to avoid getting married with someone who will hurt in on one way or another, after this if you think you've found your soulmate ad you like the man then I SUGGEST to arrange the engagement and marriage to one year, what i mean is take the engagement,finish your studies(oen year is not too much, if the man really loves you he can and will love to wait) then go marry ALHAMDLILLAH , simple and with Allah's help even MORE SIMPLE. Seek Allah's help and SALAM 3ALIKUM :)

Salam my Dear Sister,
as for the Salatul ul istikhara this is how it's done: you pray two rakaat (better if done at fajr/tahajjud) and after the prayer while you're still sitting you say this du'a--->TRANSLATION: "O Allah! I seek goodness from Your Knowledge and with Your Power (and Might) I seek strength, and I ask from You Your Great Blessings, because You have the Power and I do not have the power. You Know everything and I do not know, and You have knowledge of the unseen. Oh Allah! If in Your Knowledge this action ------------------------------------------------ (which I intend to do) is better for my religion and faith, for my life and end [death], for here [in this world] and the hereafter then make it destined for me and make it easy for me and then add blessings [baraka'] in it, for me. O Allah! In Your Knowledge if this action is bad for me, bad for my religion and faith, for my life and end [death], for here [in this world] and the hereafter then turn it away from me and turn me away from it and whatever is better for me, ordain [destine] that for me and then make me satisfied with it." ARABIC TRANSLITERATION: ‘Allahumma inni astakhiruka bi’ilmika, Wa astaqdiruka bi-qudratika, Wa as’alaka min fadlika al-’azlm Fa-innaka taqdiru Wala aqdiru, Wa ta’lamu Wala a’lamu, Wa anta ‘allamu l-ghuyub. Allahumma, in kunta ta’lam anna hadha-l-amra Khairun li fi dini wa ma’ashi wa’aqibati amri (or ‘ajili amri wa’ajilihi) Faqdirhu wa yas-sirhu li thumma barik li Fihi, Wa in kunta ta’lamu anna hadha-lamra shar-run li fi dini wa ma’ashi wa’aqibati amri (or fi’ajili amri wa ajilihi) Fasrifhu anni was-rifni anhu. Waqdir li al-khaira haithu kana Thumma ardini bihi.’ as for your situation i suggest this inch'Allah...Get to know the people you're presented with,try to know islamically if they're really good people and caring and good muslim, and try to look deep to avoid getting married with someone who will hurt in on one way or another, after this if you think you've found your soulmate ad you like the man then I SUGGEST to arrange the engagement and marriage to one year, what i mean is take the engagement,finish your studies(oen year is not too much, if the man really loves you he can and will love to wait) then go marry ALHAMDLILLAH , simple and with Allah's help even MORE SIMPLE. Seek Allah's help and SALAM 3ALIKUM :)
Thank you brother for your kind note.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
People study to secure a career. If you want to work, whether now or when you're married, give yourself the year you need. If you don't plan on being the career woman, don't put yourself through the stress. It's tough and tiring.

May Allah grant you contentment and a path that fits your satisfaction and His pleasure.

People study to secure a career. If you want to work, whether now or when you're married, give yourself the year you need. If you don't plan on being the career woman, don't put yourself through the stress. It's tough and tiring.

May Allah grant you contentment and a path that fits your satisfaction and His pleasure.
Thank you for ur kind note .May Allah bless you.