Serious yet upsetting! revert lookin for friends

Julie1134

Salaam,

What a beautiful story. For all the beautiful reverts..think of the long term blessings. You are not alone..ever. In a sense that which you did not see before comes to light. Each insult gives you more knowledge about the world of the kuffir..each act of kindness gives you humility..parents come around with time.
Stay strong and as a poet said each drop of water finds a way to the sea..you will find millions of Muslims who love you for the sake of Allah subhana talla.

Mash'Allah!! What beautiful words sister

khoirotun Hisan

thank you Allah
Salam,

sister Yamin and other sisters who are blessed with Allah's Hidayah, please be strong, I agree with sister that is searching the soul :girl3: that we should show our good manner to let people see what Islam really is.

remember, Allah is the strongest, if we are 0 and Allah is 1, then 1/0 is INDEFINITE....Allah will help you sister....be strong!!

My pray always be with you,

KH

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
As'salamu alaikum sister,
I came to Islam 2 years ago Alhamdulillah. It has been hard for me to come out and tell my family I am Muslim. My mom was shocked but over time when I explained to her about Islam she no longer thinks Muslims are bad. She even says Islam makes sense... May Allah guide her. So sister as you see it is possible for others to understand as long as they will listen to what we can teach them. Not all of my family knows I am Muslim but that is ok because I don't see them much anyway. My grandmother is a strict Christian and I do see her more often, but I don't have to wear hijab in front of her. I do not tell her because she is set in her ways and I feel it would hurt her more to know. It is your choice sister. Salam :)

may Allah guide ur mother ameen
asalamu alaykums:)

i agree with u sister jullie. the best thing is to show someone the truth. sister yasmine ur grandma does know the truth about islam. and if u never tell and try to erase the negative things about islam on her mind then u would always hear her complain islam. my advice to u is tell her and show her how u have changed and correct her mistakes. she thinks she has knowledge about islam but she doesn't. so shouldn't u teach her islam and show the beauty of islam. i will insha Allah make du'a for u sister. may Allah make her undersatand islam and guide her in a beautiful way ameen

wa alaykum salam wr wb:hijabi:

Yussuf Ahmed

:salam2: brothers and sisters of beautiful Islam!

I am new to the religion of islam and do trully admire and embrace the words of Allah :salam2: brothers and sisters!

I am new to the religion of islam and do trully do admire and embrace the words of Allah (Subhaana Wa' t'ala). I am an 19 yr old African American revert but living in the Uk (london).
Islam is a worldwide growing religion which is known to be peaceful and unharming! Islam is beautiful overall.

I thank Allah for saving my life, showing me the right path of light and making me happy Alhamdulilah!

I have been a muslim since last year oct and have learnt alot and is still trying to seek for more knowledge of Allah and His Prophet :saw: The problem is.........none of my family members know. My neighbour, who i unfortunatley do not trust, caught me wearing my hijab for the 1st time an was in shock. She is a strict carribean christian. I am living with my grandmother and lil sister(who knows im muslim). My grandma is a very strict christian and for the last couple of days, she has been grieving in the thoughts of my grandpa's death.

For the past 2days, morning and night, my grandma has been talking very bad about us muslims. Unfortunatly i do not wish to say what she mentioned as it could hurt and affect most of our muslim societies. If you would like to kno please Private message me.

I am at a fury stage right now and indeed very angry :mad: with what my grandma is saying,all right in front of me, even when she dosent even kno that im muslim. I'd hate to think how she would react alongside the rest of my family when im to tell them im muslim. They will never listen to me...Unfortunatley, but the way its lookin they they dispize muslims and always talk negative about it. My grandma is sterotyping all of us and saying we are all seen as killers to one another and theifs. :astag: May Allah forgive me 4 saying all this.I am very sorry to have to mention all this, but i really need someone to talk to as im on the verge of getting kicked out of my home just for being a muslimah and worshipping the gracious and forgiving Allahu Akbar!

its funny, coz kuffars can talk in ignorance about Islam but do not take the time to sit and read properly about a religion they have no idea about.

Alhamduliliah, i am remaining strong in the presence of Allah, but i cannot take what my family is doing to me! :frown:

I dont kno what else to say....just to keep my dignity as being a muslim woman and keep all praises to allah 4 answers. :inshallah: everything shall work out ok 4 me eventually.

Please brothers and sisters, feel free to reply

:wasalam:

Sista Yasmin :hijabi::SMILY34: Alhamdulilahi i shall always try to remain happy becoz im muslima and for the sake of Allah and not doubt my religion of Islam.

My friend, I can relate.

I am from England and have this worry.

I fear my parents will not accept me converting. I still live with them and can not afford to be thrown out of my house.

I wrote a letter to an Imam and want to meet him soon.

I am worried.

I try often to explain to my Catholic family how idolatry is wrong and how a man can not be God... but they do not listen.

It makes me sad.

If anyone in England, especially South East England can meet me... I will be really grateful. I need some help to do this.

I am a 26 year old man and I still fear my parents' reaction...

Please can someone help me.

islamservant

Egyptian sister
My friend, I can relate.

I am from England and have this worry.

I fear my parents will not accept me converting. I still live with them and can not afford to be thrown out of my house.

I wrote a letter to an Imam and want to meet him soon.

I am worried.

I try often to explain to my Catholic family how idolatry is wrong and how a man can not be God... but they do not listen.

It makes me sad.

If anyone in England, especially South East England can meet me... I will be really grateful. I need some help to do this.

I am a 26 year old man and I still fear my parents' reaction...

Please can someone help me.

:salam2:

my brother

the matter is different in ur case because u r a man and mashaallah an adult man ( 26 years ) so there is no problem for u if ur family throw u out ur home

i know it is something not good and every one loves his home but there is no big problem as i think

u can live in any place because u r a man

u can work any kind of work to afford ur self ( and i think u already working , u 26 years )

so no problem
the problem always occurs if the convert is a girl

if the family throw the girl out where can she go ?

the girl needs protection and help and money

but in ur case i think it is different

so be brave and take the step to tell ur family and before doing any thing make du3aa to allah to guide u and help u

and also prepare a house to live in( to be ready in case of ur family throw u out ) even if u live with a friend to u and pay him a rent or any thing

and in case ur family throw u out do not be sad but in the contrary be glad for that because u faced a difficulty for the sake of allah and be sure inside ur heart that allah will never loss u

these problems r tests from allah to examin our strong faith and this is what allah do with every one who choosed his way , but after that examination u will find out the mercy of allah ,,,

just trust allah

and remeber how were the difficulties that faced the prophet (pbuh ) and the companions through the first 13 years of islam revelation especially the 3 years they lived in she3b aby talib( of course their were problems in the other 10 years of da3waa and the battels were in these years but were not the same like the first 13 years ) ,,,, they faced hunger and thirsty for 3 years ,,,

again

3 years

oh my lord

it is too much

but they were strong and never hesitated

so ,, after they show allah their strength in faith allah helped them by entering the meddinah and it became the city of islam

allah is the most merciful

just show allah our strong faith and our desire to sacrify with every thing even our lifes for the sake of allah and never forget the big reward after death which is the heaven

and look at what allah say here in this verses in surat AL-ANKABOOT (THE SPIDER) :

In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.

Alif. Lam. Mim 1) Do men imagine that they will be left (at ease) because they say, We believe, and will not be tested with affliction? 2)Lo! We tested those who were before you. Thus Allah knoweth those who are sincere, and knoweth those who feign.3)

may allah guide u and make it easy for u :tti_sister:

dpa9966

Salaam brothers and sisters.
My situation is slightly different but I can empathise. I'm a 34 year old, white, professional man and reverted last year. Most of my friends and family are non-religious and bought into the propaganda about Islam we're bombarded with every day. I told my family and they were quiet about it, not the reaction I expected. However, they have seen the difference in me - my life used to be as haram as it gets and now they are glad. My mum has even begun reading about Islam!
Friends are another matter. Most who know have fallen away over the last 6 months, both through their discomfort with the idea of me as a muslim and because I just can't relate to them as I used to.
Coping with reversion is the first of Allah's tests as we increase our deen. Some revert for the wrong reasons or their faith is not authentic and they fall away from the straight path. Be strong sister and always remember that this life is temporary, peace awaits the faithful.

Swe011

salam aleykum, it can be very difficult situation for muslim reverts, i was only a teenager when i became a muslim but allhamdulillah my parenths were fine eventhough all are christians and even priests! but with lots of dua things gets better inshallah and while you are struggling you get a lot of reward from Allah swt

Libyansalfy

:salam2: brothers and sisters of beautiful Islam!

I am new to the religion of islam and do trully admire and embrace the words of Allah :salam2: brothers and sisters!

I am new to the religion of islam and do trully do admire and embrace the words of Allah (Subhaana Wa' t'ala). I am an 19 yr old African American revert but living in the Uk (london).
Islam is a worldwide growing religion which is known to be peaceful and unharming! Islam is beautiful overall.

I thank Allah for saving my life, showing me the right path of light and making me happy Alhamdulilah!

I have been a muslim since last year oct and have learnt alot and is still trying to seek for more knowledge of Allah and His Prophet :saw: The problem is.........none of my family members know. My neighbour, who i unfortunatley do not trust, caught me wearing my hijab for the 1st time an was in shock. She is a strict carribean christian. I am living with my grandmother and lil sister(who knows im muslim). My grandma is a very strict christian and for the last couple of days, she has been grieving in the thoughts of my grandpa's death.

For the past 2days, morning and night, my grandma has been talking very bad about us muslims. Unfortunatly i do not wish to say what she mentioned as it could hurt and affect most of our muslim societies. If you would like to kno please Private message me.

I am at a fury stage right now and indeed very angry :mad: with what my grandma is saying,all right in front of me, even when she dosent even kno that im muslim. I'd hate to think how she would react alongside the rest of my family when im to tell them im muslim. They will never listen to me...Unfortunatley, but the way its lookin they they dispize muslims and always talk negative about it. My grandma is sterotyping all of us and saying we are all seen as killers to one another and theifs. :astag: May Allah forgive me 4 saying all this.I am very sorry to have to mention all this, but i really need someone to talk to as im on the verge of getting kicked out of my home just for being a muslimah and worshipping the gracious and forgiving Allahu Akbar!

its funny, coz kuffars can talk in ignorance about Islam but do not take the time to sit and read properly about a religion they have no idea about.

Alhamduliliah, i am remaining strong in the presence of Allah, but i cannot take what my family is doing to me! :frown:

I dont kno what else to say....just to keep my dignity as being a muslim woman and keep all praises to allah 4 answers. :inshallah: everything shall work out ok 4 me eventually.

Please brothers and sisters, feel free to reply

:wasalam:

Sista Yasmin :hijabi::SMILY34: Alhamdulilahi i shall always try to remain happy becoz im muslima and for the sake of Allah and not doubt my religion of Islam.
wa aliakum salam wa rahmat Allah , i am really happy for you sister ,and i hope you be always happy , sorry i did not tell u my name ,,, ok i am
Osama from Liobya ,i am a muslim and live in tripoli, Libya ,,it is very nice city and we are all muslims here ,
salam aliakum

Libyansalfy

As'salamu alaikum sister,
I came to Islam 2 years ago Alhamdulillah. It has been hard for me to come out and tell my family I am Muslim. My mom was shocked but over time when I explained to her about Islam she no longer thinks Muslims are bad. She even says Islam makes sense... May Allah guide her. So sister as you see it is possible for others to understand as long as they will listen to what we can teach them. Not all of my family knows I am Muslim but that is ok because I don't see them much anyway. My grandmother is a strict Christian and I do see her more often, but I don't have to wear hijab in front of her. I do not tell her because she is set in her ways and I feel it would hurt her more to know. It is your choice sister. Salam :)
[/quot
salam aliakum ,,,, i am going to tell your grandmother ,that you are a muslim lol:D

khadijah-abdul

asalam alaium sister welcome to the forum, i too am a revert to islam. my husband is moroccan and we have 2 sons 19yrs and 16yrs I was not a muslim when i married almost 21 years ago, i was a catholic but watching my husband practice and having my sisters ex husband who is pakistani and the father of my niece, she is only 10 yrs my junior and they helped me come to realise that no matter how much i prayed or done charity work i was never truly happy with my religion. so i began to read and read and inevitably i took my shahaddah a few years ago but i was many years just reading and trying to understand.

Would just like to add that I have been outcasted by my family too, i have 4 sisters 2 brothers and i only have contact with one brother and just 4 nieces and nephews from a family of 21 nieces/nephews. So i know how it can feel, my door is always open if they wish to accept my hand in love and friendship inshallah that will happen one day.

So sister we are all with you as it can be very hard and hurtful when the people we expect to stand by us no matter what are the ones that are truly hurting us. but with lots of prayer and patience inshallah your families hearts will become softer and accept you for who you aren now, and all you can do is just show them the true islam not the media hyped version.