Educating Your Wife in Islam

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
After years of marriage and settling into a routine with children, eventually a time comes when most Muslim husbands have no idea how their wives spend their days.

It does not bother them that their bored wives gossip for hours on the phone, watch excessive movies and television, or waste time window shopping, attending ladies’lunches or tea-parties, or hip-hopping from the mall to the tailor to get new outfits made.

A good Muslim husband should be aware that his wife’s secular and religious education is his responsibility. He should know that Allaah (swt) will question him about this, thus he should ensure that his wife gains knowledge of the Quraan and attends sermons, groups, seminars or workshops for the same…

It is imperative that the husband enables his wife to fulfil her religious obligations by using gentle reminders and arranging for her education about Islaam.

[Traversing The Highs And Lows Of Muslim Marriage, by Sadaf Farooqi, p. 70]

http://themarriagebase.wordpress.com/2013/12/05/educating-your-wife/

MehmetHilmi

Selamun Aleykum,

I look at my parents and realize a lot of things. My mother now works as a high school math teacher and she is busy every day of the week almost. She has no time for gossip, shopping, or hanging out with friends. In her school she is very respected and she loves her job. Thus education, not only Islamic, but also secular is very important. With our support, she completed university and now she is very happy. I think every Muslim woman should work, it is much better than sitting at home. Many girls in Muslim nations are denied the opportunity to complete education and look for jobs due to cultural and social backwardness.

In fact if a female is strong enough and has the willpower and qualifications to do so, she can even be president.

Precious Star

After years of marriage and settling into a routine with children, eventually a time comes when most Muslim husbands have no idea how their wives spend their days.

It does not bother them that their bored wives gossip for hours on the phone, watch excessive movies and television, or waste time window shopping, attending ladies’lunches or tea-parties, or hip-hopping from the mall to the tailor to get new outfits made.

Honestly, where do you get this information from???

I know many married women, and not one of them spends their time gossiping on the phone, wasting time window shopping or hip-hopping from the mall to the tailor.

You are very insulting. Your post is an insult to women. Unless you have conducted a valid empirical study confirming that married Muslim women behave in the manner you have described, you should stop making such baseless statements.

ouddene bouziane

it is better to say
educating the partner in islam
because sometimes we find good wives suffering with bad husbands
with sincerity and faithfulness we make things better
with patience and wisdom. many problems will disapear
with smartness and intelligence things will go smoothly and softly