Question: SUN

Eman Yousuf

Salam alaikum,

Please help me in getting an authentic information which I heard verbally that:

The sun rises in between the two horns of shaitan and it sets under the Arsh of Allah (swa).

Can anyone get me the hadith please or any narration, please quote it with numbers if possible.

Jazak Allah Khair

muhammad sabri

Salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu!
Here below you can see what i found regarding the matter, they're hadiths with the book and the transmitter:
-------------

Muslim :: Book 4 : Hadith 1807
Ibn 'Umar reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Do not intend to observe prayer at the time of the rising of the sun nor at its setting, for it rises between the horns of Satan.

Muslim :: Book 4 : Hadith 1301
'Ala' b. 'Abd al-Rahman reported that they came to the house of Anas b. Malik in Basra after saying the noon prayer. His (Anas) house was situated by the side of the mosque. As revisited him he (Anas) said: Have you said the afternoon prayer? We said to him: It is just a few minutes before that we finished the noon prayer. He said: Offer the afternoon prayer. So we stood up and said our prayer. And when we completed it, he said: I have heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) saying: This is how the hypocrite prays: he sits watching the sun, and when it is between the horns of devil, he rises and strikes the ground four times (in haste) mentioning Allah a little during it.

Muslim :: Book 4 : Hadith 1275
'Abdullah b. 'Amr reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: The time of the noon prayer is when the sun passes the meridian and a man's shadow is the same (length) as his height, (and it lasts) as long as the time for the afternoon prayer has not come; the time for the afternoon prayer is as long as the sun has not become pale; the time of the evening prayer is as long as the twilight has not ended; the time of the night prayer is up to the middle of the average night and the time of the morning prayer is from the appearance of dawn, as long as the sun has not risen; but when the sun rises, refrain from prayer for it rises between the horns of the devil.

Malik :: Book 15 : Hadith 15.10.49
Yahya related to me from Malik from Abdullah ibn Dinar from Abdullah ibn Umar that Umar ibn al-Khattab used to say, "Do not intend to do your prayer at either sunrise or sunset, for the horns of Shaytan rise with the rising of the sun and set with its setting."

Umar used to beat people for that kind of prayer.

Dawud :: Book 4 : Hadith 1272
Narrated Amr ibn Anbasah as-Sulami:

I asked: Apostle of Allah, in which part of night the supplication is more likely to be accepted?

He replied: In the last part: Pray as much as you like, for the prayer is attended by the angels and it is recorded till you offer the dawn prayer; then stop praying when the sun is rising till it has reached the height of one or two lances, for it rises between the two horns of the Devil, and the infidels offer prayer for it (at that time). Then pray as much as you like, because the prayer is witnessed and recorded till the shadow of a lance be- comes equal to it. Then cease prayer, for at that time the Hell-fire is heated up and doors of Hell are opened.

When the sun declines, pray as much as you like, for the prayer is witnessed till you pray the afternoon prayer; then cease prayer till the sun sets, for it sets between the horns of the Devil

Malik :: Book 15 : Hadith 15.10.46
Yahya related to me from Malik that al-Ala ibn Abd ar-Rahman said, "We visited Anas ibn Malik after dhuhr and he stood up and prayed asr. When he had finished his prayer, we mentioned doing prayers early in their time, or he mentioned it, and he said that he had heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, the prayer of the hypocrites, the prayer of the hypocrites, the prayer of the hypocrites is that one of them sits until the sun becomes yellow and is between the horns of Shaytan, or on the horn of Shaytan, and then gets up and rattles off four rakas, hardly remembering Allah in them at all.' "

Muslim :: Book 4 : Hadith 1812
He said: Observe the dawn prayer, then stop praying when the sun is rising till it Is fully up, for when it rises it comes up between the horns of Satan, and the unbelievers prostrate themselves to it at that time. Then pray, for the prayer is witnessed and attended (by angels) till the shadow becomes about the length of a lance; then cease prayer, for at that time Hell is heated up. Then when the shadow moves forward, pray, for the prayer is witnessed and attended by angels, till you pray the afternoon prayer, then cease prayer till the sun sets, for it sets between the horns of devil

HOPE IT HELPED INCH'ALLAH

Wa salam-

Eman Yousuf

jazak allah khair brother,

I badly needed these hadiths, do you know anything about the hiding of the sun under the Arsh of Allah (swa) ?

fi amanillah wa salam

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam 'alikum,maybe it is a way to talk...in a hadith I read that a man asked to the prophet SAWS where the Sun goes when the night comes and he answered"it asks to Allah the permission to rise the next day",while we know that the Earth runs around the Sun and not vice-versa.the Throne of Allah maybe is an interpretation or an attempt to make Bida' by making a comparaison between the Earth and His Throne:when the Sun sets,it hides "under the Earth/Throne"...I don't believe that it is an authentic expression made from the believers of the past