WHAT TO DO IF YOU CANNOT SLEEP

muslimlady

Everyone reading this, please read with an open mind......please.

If you cannot sleep at any time of the night, do the following:

1) Get up, take wudhu and do whatever prayer you wish to do.
If you wake up after a deep sleep then you are encouraged to do tahajuud.

2) After doing a number of rakaats and you still cannot sleep, proceed to do zikr. Laila haillah, subhanallah, allahu akbar, whatever are your preference.
Istighfar even.........

3) Still cannot sleep? Read the Quraan. If you do not know how to read the Quraan, read the translations or read them in whatever language of your preference.

By this time, Shaytan, would have worked super hard to make you sleepy!!
And you would go to sleep quite easily!!

:tti_sister: :salah:

Yousuf.

:salam2:

I was wondering, if you were to zikr La ila Ha illaAllah (there is no God but Allah) before you sleep, what if you accidentally slept while in between zikri-ng that kalimah. You might have said, there is no God..and zzzzz...(slept).

Hmmm..

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:eek:

Its actually true though...I've often caught myself stifling a yawn as soon as I open the Qur'an when I cannot sleep, 'odd I was wide awake a second ago' ..creepy yeh

muslimlady

HOW LUCKY CAN WE BE TO BE MUSLIMS

Good question my kin........

WE begin all actions with an intention (niyyat).
In this case I am certain your intention is for Allah.
You then followed it with an action, the act of actually
saying Laila ha illaAllah.......
Mid way you fall asleep, your intention will be taken into
account as much as your action.
But the most reassuring thing is that Allah taala knows
what is in your heart, HE knows you are not saying
there is no God.
So relax, do what you can, the best that you can, leave
the rest to Allah.......
Islam is not bound by technicalities and trivialities......
How lucky can we be to be Muslims.........

Wallahu Alam

I was wondering, if you were to zikr La ila Ha illaAllah (there is no God but Allah) before you sleep, what if you accidentally slept while in between zikri-ng that kalimah. You might have said, there is no God..and zzzzz...(slept).

Hmmm..

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
You can count sheep, no im just kidding. thank you for the reminder. i personally read every sura and ayat that i know, and make a little dua and fall straight to sleep. alhamdoullillah.

muslimlady

So here I am taking my own advice, I have been up for last few hours.....Taken my wudhu, did my night prayers (tahajuuds), dzikir thereafter, read the Quraan and I am still wide awake!! So here I am on TTI, reading the many good articles and the sharing of experiences by fellow brothers and sisters while waiting for the adhan of fajr!! Thats how long I have been up!!
Ok, I hear the Adhan!! Salam

bloup1000

lol

this is like the most useful stuff ever i go to sleep at i dont know (because im not bothered to look) but very late then my mum wakes me up for fajr then i wake up late for school but when im nut asleep i say like ya rahman ar rahim

unbreak

2) After doing a number of rakaats and you still cannot sleep, proceed to do zikr. Laila haillah, subhanallah, allahu akbar, whatever are your preference.
Istighfar even.........

3) Still cannot sleep? Read the Quraan. If you do not know how to read the Quraan, read the translations or read them in whatever language of your preference.

THIS IS GOOD!
► There is another thing you can do, make your body work (exercise), OR house work. your body need to get tired,

muhammad sabri

Istighfar even.........

Salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu to all,
i would also like to add a du'a which can help and it recites ''Allahumma gharat annujum wa hadaat al Auyuun wa anta Hayyun Qayyum, Ya Hayyu ya Qayyum, ahdi layly wa anam Uyuni'' translation--> Oh Allah that stars have come up and the eyes are closed and you're Alive ever Living, oh Alive and Everliving guide my night and make my eyes sleep'' wa salam!