Christian Searching for Truth

Janan2013

Al salam akekum.

I am a Christian woman who moved to a new state one year ago, and this past year I have made many Muslim friends ahamdulillah. There is something about them that draws me, and I have recently been speaking to them about Islam and Christianity. I never in my life would've dreamed of converting to Islam, but I also never knew much about it. Now that my exploration of Islam has begun, I have so many questions and doubts about everything in my life. To me, spirituality is everything. Eternity is most important. Choosing to convert cannot be a hasty decision for me.

If Islam proves truth to me, I would of course convert, but I am still very worried what my Christian family would say. My father is a very devoted Christian who studies the Bible every day. My sister-in-law is already not talking to me because she knows I hang out with many Muslims, and she didn't like me using terms like inshaa2 allah because just seeing the name of Allah was threatening to her. This makes me so sad. I know if I convert, my relationship with my family would totally change. This would not be a reason to not convert, but I still worry about it.

My heart is that I just want to know the truth, so I am seeking answers. That is how I found this site.

Salam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam

Welcome to the site Janan, we are happy to help you with your questions and to give you more information about Islam.

I would encourage you to keep studying about Islam, to learn as much as you can about Allah and the Prophet Muhammad :saw:, also the other Prophets in Islam, such as Jesus, Moses etc You will find that Islam's message is not new. It is a call to worshipping of Allah alone. In sha Allah, bit by bit the truth shall come clear.

Allah is just the Arabic word for "God". Even Christian and Jewish Arabs use the word Allah and have done so for thousands of years. In fact, it is close to the Aramaic and ancient words used in the Middle East, which Jesus himself would have used. They would not have used the word "God"!

It will be difficult, so have patience. Take things one step at a time, and with Allah's help things will get easier.

Wasalam

Amir

Janan2013

Ahlan Amir,

Shukran. I have been reading an English translation of the Quran almost every day, watching videos online, reading information online, and talking to friends. :)

I understand Allah is the the Arabic word for God, and I even shared that with my sister-in-law when she was upset, but she wouldn't listen. The word makes her think of Islam, and apparently, she has a big problem with that. I think it shows me what she would be like if I were to convert. Again, it won't stop me from converting if it is what I feel is right.

May Allah guide me in the right path. Ameen.

wa alaykum salam

Welcome to the site Janan, we are happy to help you with your questions and to give you more information about Islam.

I would encourage you to keep studying about Islam, to learn as much as you can about Allah and the Prophet Muhammad :saw:, also the other Prophets in Islam, such as Jesus, Moses etc You will find that Islam's message is not new. It is a call to worshipping of Allah alone. In sha Allah, bit by bit the truth shall come clear.

Allah is just the Arabic word for "God". Even Christian and Jewish Arabs use the word Allah and have done so for thousands of years. In fact, it is close to the Aramaic and ancient words used in the Middle East, which Jesus himself would have used. They would not have used the word "God"!

It will be difficult, so have patience. Take things one step at a time, and with Allah's help things will get easier.

Wasalam

Amir

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Assalamu 'alaykum, Janan,

Welcome to TTI. Wow, normally we have Christians coming here asking questions or being curious about Islam, but you seem to be pretty well-versed about it all.

For now, it would be a good idea to just be patient and stay calm, not think too much of what is to come, and work on getting your knowledge on the religion. Pray to God to make things easy and smooth for you, and to help you and guide you in the right direction.

If you have any questions, always feel free to post in the "Islamic Discussion" or "TTI Lounge" subforums.

ahmad fadil

waalaikumsalam

it makes me so happy when non muslim wanting to ask about islam, may Allah gives you marcy. amin

if your dad reads bible everday, that should be easy for your dady to accept islam
bible can lead people to islam, christiant is so close to islam

prophet muhammad is at bible that last servant

Last edited:

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam Janan,

Welcome to the site!

Just use the word 'God' with your family, don't impose things on them that they wouldn't understand. Speak 'their language' if you know what I mean :)

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Salam and welcome
May Allah help you. In origin we are all muslim, those of us who trust in one God. Culture, missunderstandings and personal interests of "important" people, in time, created confusion and separation in religion. Dont think that you change a religion for another. We believe there is only one true faith, so think better that you make a general cleaning in your heart, life and relationship with God.
Salam

Janan2013

Thank you all for your encouraging words. I don't know why reading them right now makes me tear up, but not with sadness.

I still haven't made the decision to say the shahada yet, but I am still seeking for truth with my heart. I think it it is partly because I still have a degree uncertainty, and I want to be sure. Also, it is partly because I am scared - scared of how my life will change, scared of what my family will think...you are right that I can't think too much of what is to come if I say the shahada, but just trust.

And I think of Sura 9:51, one of the few verses from the Quran that I have learned - "Nothing shall ever happen to us except what Allah has ordained for us." He ordained that I moved here. He brought Muslim people into my life, and I had an immediate draw to them. Now, I am here, seeking God's will.

Salam.

'

Jannahsweetie

jannah sweetie
Inshallah you are getting closer to Allah subhana wa ta'aala everyday. Ameen. If u start attending jummah khutbah in English it may help you learn more about Islam. Inshallah. This is on Fridays at the mosque

Janan2013

Inshallah you are getting closer to Allah subhana wa ta'aala everyday. Ameen. If u start attending jummah khutbah in English it may help you learn more about Islam. Inshallah. This is on Fridays at the mosque

Shukran Jannahsweetie. :) For now, I've been learning through friends both in person and online, You Tube, and websites, but I have thought about visiting the local mosque.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Peace with you

It is an exellent idea to looking for information about other religions as it helps us to understand each others better and by this it helps us to live in peace with others around us.

And welcome to forum.

mikepan68

Sallams Janan,
I converted to Islam many years ago. At first my parents thought it was a phase, When they realized it was permanent they weren't happy. It took some time but eventually they accepted it. I am an adult, So what can they do?
The chances of them disowning you are very, very slim.
They are your family, they will still love You, Inshallah.
My mother still asks me I will go back to Christianity. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
After 18 years my mother still ask me sometimes to go out without hijab.

:confused: She knows I will answer no but she keeps asking.

Jannahsweetie

jannah sweetie
My mother still can't believe I wear niqaab, she thinks it makes my life too difficult. In London it's a bit weird to see people staring lol

bintMohammad

Al salam akekum.

I am a Christian woman who moved to a new state one year ago, and this past year I have made many Muslim friends ahamdulillah. There is something about them that draws me, and I have recently been speaking to them about Islam and Christianity. I never in my life would've dreamed of converting to Islam, but I also never knew much about it. Now that my exploration of Islam has begun, I have so many questions and doubts about everything in my life. To me, spirituality is everything. Eternity is most important. Choosing to convert cannot be a hasty decision for me.

If Islam proves truth to me, I would of course convert, but I am still very worried what my Christian family would say. My father is a very devoted Christian who studies the Bible every day. My sister-in-law is already not talking to me because she knows I hang out with many Muslims, and she didn't like me using terms like inshaa2 allah because just seeing the name of Allah was threatening to her. This makes me so sad. I know if I convert, my relationship with my family would totally change. This would not be a reason to not convert, but I still worry about it.

My heart is that I just want to know the truth, so I am seeking answers. That is how I found this site.

Salam

Asalam alykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh sister.
If u have any questions regarding islam plz u r free to send me to [email protected].

Asa