Is it haraam to use a non-muslim judge ?

Jannahsweetie

jannah sweetie
Asalam alaykum, is it haraam to use a non- muslim judge in an un-islamic country for certain things. As some shariah councils say if you live in a non muslim land there is a ruling it's ok to use their judgement. (Not for nikaah/ talaaq) though! For eg, pensions, mortgages. The system is clearly different in non-muslim countries for couples

MehmetHilmi

In an un-Islamic country, abiding by their rules is ok I guess. As long as there is justice and the judge respects your beliefs, then what is wrong with it?

Jannahsweetie

jannah sweetie
Jazakallah all who answered , it's what Allah swt wants us to do that counts. Also there is some info that if Muslims live in an un-islamic country they can use a non muslim judge. I'm looking into it more and will update you all when I find out. Take care all. If depressed read more qur,aan and play qur'aan in your home in sha Allah

jebediah

It is ok to use a non-muslim judge. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) calls on muslims to respect christian judges and churches, and for no muslim to fight against their christian brother.

SonOfAdam

Staff member
Wa Aleykum Selam,

Sister can you not find your answer in the Quran and Sunnah? This is where we look for judgement, and if you do not have an Islamic Judge, find the next closest thing such as an Islamic Scholar or Imam to help rectify your situation or at least get a more Islamic opinion on the matter. If you are in some kind of legal battle with a non-Muslim for example, then you are forced to use the legal system where you live, there is no other choice unless you wish to take down the government, right? Hopefully you won't be wronged, most things are common sense and you can just use county mediator before having to got a judge or form a lawsuit. You should look that first before seeking a law suit if you must use the secular legal system.