Question to Arabic speakers

majormuss

Sallam guys
To the Arabic speakers,how was memorization of the Quran for you?Was it like how I may also be memorizing an English poem?( I mean is it easier for because you speak Arabic)

Nur_Karam

Sallam guys
To the Arabic speakers,how was memorization of the Quran for you?Was it like how I may also be memorizing an English poem?( I mean is it easier for because you speak Arabic)

as salaamualaikum,
I would love to know the SAME thing! I feel its much more complicated (it can be done, Im just saying with more obstacles though), for 'us', non native speakers, especially converts from the west. I find that if I understand the ayah in arabic (i had to learn some arabic first, and never finished with learning Arabic...) with the tafseer in both arabic and english, that it was easier to memorize and say many times. I want to know the method that arab speaking muslims use to memorize Quraan. Please looking forward to any replies,jazaakumAllahu khair

trustedfire9

as salaamualaikum,
I would love to know the SAME thing! I feel its much more complicated (it can be done, Im just saying with more obstacles though), for 'us', non native speakers, especially converts from the west. I find that if I understand the ayah in arabic (i had to learn some arabic first, and never finished with learning Arabic...) with the tafseer in both arabic and english, that it was easier to memorize and say many times. I want to know the method that arab speaking muslims use to memorize Quraan. Please looking forward to any replies,jazaakumAllahu khair

salam , native arabic here ... yes it's much easier in arabic , because quran in arabic unique sentences ...
after praying al fajer read what you memorize ....