Question about a dream my mother had - my deceased father in it

nerminD

Assalam aleykum, my father (alah rahmetelje) passed onto ahiret a three days ago. Last night he appeared in my mother's dream. In the dream he was wearing his pajama. His body looked normal (good weight, not too fat not too skinny...just right), he had a neck, but he did not have a head.

This worries me greatly, as he is set to be buried tomorrow afternoon and I am really worried.

Is there anyone who knows how to interpret this dream for me...it is worrying me a lot..I'm too distracted to do anything around the house and I've spent hours on the internet trying to piece this together. Would like a definitive answer from those who know this.

Thank you very much and may Allah's blessing be upon you.

-NerminD

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaah.

To Allaah we belong and to Him we will return. May Allah `azza wa jalla have mercy on your father and forgive his short comings. Sabr inshaa'Allaah.

I don't believe we have a dream interpreter on here, and I suggest that you be cautious of anyone claiming to be one, online or otherwise.

The only thing we know from the qur'aan and sunah is that good dreams come from Allaah `azza wa jall and bad dreams come from the shaytaan. If we have bad dreams, we should keep it to ourselves and not mention it to anyone, and say 'a`oodhu billaahi minash-shaytaan ar-Rajeem' before spitting thrice to our left.

Narrated Abu Salama: I used to see a dream which would make me sick till I heard Abu Qatadah saying, “I, too, used to see a dream which would make me sick till I heard the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) saying, ‘A good dream is from Allah, so if anyone of you saw a dream which he liked, he should not tell it to anybody except to the one whom he loves, and if he saw a dream which he disliked, then he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil and from the evil of Shaitan, and spit three times (on his left) and should not tell it to anybody, for it will not harm him.’” [#7044: The Book of the Interpretation of Dreams: Sahih Bukhari]