Need Help to raise my iman

ushkm

Assalamoalaikum,

I am new to this website and think this is a good forum to meet Muslims from around the world. The main reason of signing up for this website is I really need help.

I'm a 25 year old married male. All my life I've been blessed by Allah swt with everything I have ever wanted or wished for. My parents have been wonderful with me and so is my wife. I have no complaints from anyone. I have also performed Hajj 5 years back and last year Umrah as well Alhumdulillah.

But all my life I've never been stable with Islam. There was a time 5-6 years back when I used to pray 5 times a day and remember Allah a lot. Then I stopped doing it. for quiet some time. But then again I started being close with Allah and Islam. I have had those moments in life where I used to pray at night and literally when I prayed I used to get this feeling that Allah swt is directly listening to my prayers and whenever I had the need I used to pray with all my determination and Allah swt blessed me with everything. But then again I used to move away.

But now it's been long time that I haven't felt this closeness to Allah swt although I have this feeling within my heart that I want to get back to Allah and still have the fear inside me. I dont feel like praying and I dont even remember the last time when I genuinely prayed and made dua in front of Allah.

I really need Allah in my life but I know that I have made some sin of which I myself not sure about but something stops me from getting close to Allah.

I genuinely ask for advice and help me as I literally have tears in my eyes as I type this.

JazakAllah

cabdixakim

wa'aleykumas-salaam,brother.........may Allah guide you and all muslims...aamiin
in a Hadith Qudsi,the prophet(s.a.w)says(Allah says,"he who comes with a good deed he will be rewarded ten times or more,he who comes with a vice his reward will be only one like that or I can even forgive him,he who draws close to Me a hand's span I will draw close to him an arm's length,and whoever draws near me an arm's length I will draw near him a fathom's length,and whoever comes to me walking I will go to him running,and whoever faces me with sins nearly as great as the earth and he doesn't associate partners with me I will meet him with forgiveness as great as that" this is Allah brother most merciful and Oft-forgiving...The problem is merely from you,as long as the sun doesn't rise from the west or you die you have the chance to repent and do good as well.
if I was you brother I would have consulted a fiqhi or anyone knowledgable becouse the prophet(s.a.w)said,"the accepted Hajj has no reward but paradise",the scholars say among the ways to know if your act of worship was Mabruur is that you will not return in doing the vice you used to do before you performed that act of worship.
I am not saying you did but there are high chances you made errors in performing your Hajj. O Allah guide us all to your straightened path...O Allah kill us only in the state of being muslims...O Allah accept our supplications and make Ibaadah easy for us....aamiin

Last edited:

SonOfAdam

Staff member
Brother, you are no different then many people out there. You are actually much better than many of these Muslims though since you have at least tasted the sweetness of iman, knew how to pray, and want to get this back now.

The doors to repentance are always open brother. You already have the great regret in your heart for not practicing, all you need to do is start to practice now and Allah SWT will forgive you inshallah. Stop flip flopping back and forth as this is a sign of a hypocrit and hypocrits will burn the worst in Hell fire. Fear Allah, Allah will burn you since you know you have to pray and you don't. You know what to do brother, so stop being lazy and do it.

You will find in time that Salaht 5 times a day is very easy and you may even look forward to it and enjoy it.... but at the end of the day you have to do it anyway because it is commanded by Allah SWT and the Prophet SAW. So doing it out of fear should be your biggest motivation and only motivation you need. May Allah SWT strengthen your iman.

If you continue on your road, you may have an evil ending where shaitan will come to you right before death and make you a disbeliever- trick you.... so be smart and do not sacrifice your endless life in the hereafter for less than a days worth of joy in this life. The rewards that await the believer in Heaven are literally unexplainable and too good to imagine. So fear Allah SWT but also hope for Jannah and work for it inshallah. Just think of the things you would want right now, all your most wildest dreams then add them up.... then realize that in Jennah if you asked for that it would be like torture on you...

If you are around a lot of non-practicing people then they will influence you only for bad and continue to waste your time and effect your personality and character in a negative way. So go to the Mosque and hang out with the brothers there... every mosque has a group of guys around your age that hang out- make this your main circle inshallah for you and your family.

Be strong, be a man, take control of your life. Be disciplined, like a soldier. Stop letting the outside world influence you and being so attached to dunya- follow your heart, it is leading you towards Allah. If you do this you be so much happier and content with everything that happens to you. Not just because you are fullfuling your Islamic duties now but the Islamic knowledge you will gain is full of priceless wisdom and knowledge you won't find anywhere else.

If you have any questions about Islam feel free to ask us.

This is a nice short illustrated guide that will be a good iman booster for you inshallah:
http://www.islam-guide.com/

yasak80

salam brother,

At least you are aware what you are doing. People do not pray and think that it is ok.
So, there is a chance to be forgiven inshaallah.
I feel the same sometimes. But there should be something you do wrong.
I find this similar with getting fat. For example, if you are getting fat, there should be something you do, which causes this.

So, in this case, find what you do wrong.

I sometimes find my self the same. And ı know my reasons:
* Being together with people who dont have islamic mind,
*Working men-women together
*Deal with too many thing rather than thinking Allah , then forgetting to pray .....

muhammad sabri

Salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu,

dear brother i'm so happy for the happy life that you're living and most of all for your desire to raise you iman, first of all remember that Allah will surely test you even if you were to leave the happiest of lives you will suffer something, litle or big, and you'll need to be patient then. Allah says in 2:155
2_155.png

Sahih International
And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient

Having said that to raise your iman you have to take care of three parts 1) du'a that Allah will answer if you do good and be patient that will raise your iman cause you'll feel Allah's presence 2) reading the Quran and the saying of Prophet Muhammad to fill your heart with the yaqeen(certainty) that Allah exists and that there's no way that our Prophet Muhammad could lied, and this is a sweetness that will result in the sweetness of iman 3) Studying the deen, through this you'll discover miracles that will always be there to keep your iman level high, for me for example remembering the day of judgment and it's physics help because for example in the day of judgment Allah says that the sun wil be near us and above our heads and that's exactly what scientists discovered about the sun that will become a red giant and get close to earth, no man could have known that except by divine inspiration; or in the Quran Allah says---> in 51:47
Sahih International
And the heaven We constructed with strength, and indeed, We are [its] expander.
51_47.png

today scientists discovered that the universe is expanding! This and many many many many many many many other things can be found by studying the deen, inch'Allah if you hold on to these three things you'll always have a high iman and will pray and be the best believer you can <3

extra: hearing about Jannah and Jahannam helps ALOT too ;)

wa salam