Hajj and Umrah

Finish the question: I have completed...

• Total voters

q8penpals

Salam

I just want to know how many people here have done Hajj or Umrah.

I have done Umrah, and insha'Allah, will do Hajj next year with my husband. (I want to do it, insha'Allah while it is still occurring in the winter-time and is cooler!)

Lana

arabiantxn

i have completed both ..alhumdurllah .i would do it every time and go for ummrah every week if i had a chance. please pray i go back and settle their Permanently inshallah -its my dream
:salah: :tti_sister:
its just soo amazing of a feeling you get its just wow !

arabiantxn

so how do you like kuwait -and how is that student of yours who had anger management problem i prayed for him

q8penpals

so how do you like kuwait -and how is that student of yours who had anger management problem i prayed for him

Salam

Thank you for praying for him and for asking again! Alhumdilullah, he has been doing better - I even convinced him for the next issue of the school newspaper (I am newspaper advisor) that he should write a short piece on tips for controlling anger, especially for teen-age boys.

I have been keeping him in my prayers daily, as I know he is a good-hearted boy who just needs guidance and support. I think if everyone took the time to add 1 person to their prayers everyday, think how many prayers would be floating around for people!?

As for living in Kuwait - I really like it, although at times there can be a lack of things to do in free time. I used to go bowling a lot in the US, and they do have bowling lanes here (quite a few, actually), but they are frequented mostly by teen-age, 20-something young men, and while I am not opposed to going out to places that are mixed, I just don't like being so greatly out-numbered! (for instance, if there are about 100 people at the bowling lanes, there may only be about 15 women, mostly mothers who aren't bowling anyway, just watching their kids). Kuwait is HOT HOT HOT about 4 months of the year, but the rest of the year has fabulous weather and i enjoy that!

I like that Kuwait is quite Islamic (it is not perfect, but has good intentions), and while the government does it's best to keep Kuwait morally up-right, it is not always so. A couple things that bother me about Kuwait - 1, total lack of responsiblity for pollution, littering, recycling, or generally keeping the world a healthier place to live (there is trash EVERYWHERE!!); 2, there are too many Kuwaitis who believe that money is the answer to every question and the solution to every problem (not all Kuwaitis, of course, but there are enough to make it a problem - money and status gained from having it is more important to many than anything else); and 3, the blatant, legally-allowed discrimination, especially toward people from poor Asia (Bangladesh, India, Pakistan - those areas and others similar) and Africa. It seems especially strange to me that poor Asian Muslims are treated worse than than anyone else - even those who openly "have no religion". Kuwait really has almost a "caste" system (and you will see this in many of the Gulf countries as they import workers from all over the world to do their jobs) - my school had a Muslim couple from Canada (born and raised in Canada their whole lives) who happened to be Pakistani by descent, and they were treated like crap by the Kuwaiti students (my school is 99% Kuwaiti students), to the point that they were basically forced to quit or be fired.

BUT, in general, as a white-Westerner, I am treated well and very lovingly by all Kuwaitis, including my husband's family (masha'Allah, the old ladies all love me and tell me I am cute!!). I have never had any problems here other than everything taking forever! We joke that "When in KuWait, U-Wait!" The government is bogged down and not very efficient - it drives Western business people crazy!

I would talk more about it being Islamic here, but there isn't much to say. You are free to be Muslim or Christian here (the government has built 2 areas with churches for the expatriat workers) and they would much rather you go to church than not practice any religion. Hindus are accepted into the country for working purposes, but when the Hindu temple was destroyed during the Iraqi invasion, it was not rebuilt. There are nearly 1000 mosques in Kuwait (they pride themselves on this fact) but if you drive around at prayer time, many of them are nearly empty except on Friday or Eids or Ramadan. :-( The goernment has a section that makes sure there is no pork or alcohol in the food/drinks imported and sold here (this doesn't specifically say though, if meat was killed in a halal way) so at least when you eat, you don't have to worry about what is in your foods. There are also several private groups that work to teach about Kuwait and Islam to foreigners without prostelitizing, and that works to get everyone friendly with each other.

In general, as a country that has people from literally all over the world living and working here, I think they are doing pretty good. If they just get to cleaning up the garbage & get to recycling, share more of their wealth with more unfortunate people, and get to the point where all people are treated equally, it would be as close to a true Islamic country as you could find!

Thanks again, I appreciate your thoughts and prayers for Aziz! If you want to know more about my personal insights or experiences in Kuwait as a Western (pasty-white!) Muslim, just ask!

:)

Lana

blue streak

I was planning on getting married soon inshallah and wanted to move to a muslim country. I was thinking about going to one of the gulf states, but still not sure. Sister do you know arabic because if not how difficult is it to get by without it. Right now this is one of my bigger concerns.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

I've done both Alhamdulillaah. Looking forward to do it all over again and again and again and again Inshaa'Allaah. May Allaah swt permit those who have not yet, you're all in my Du'a Inshaa'Allaah.

q8penpals

salam

I know very little Arabic, and I have lived here almost 6 years. It is not necessary to learn it to get by in Kuwait as most everyone knows at least a smattering of English, so if you learn just some basic Arabic (i know a whole bunch of vocabulary, but not complete sentences), you can at least communicate with each other.

I don't know where you are from, but if you are planning to come to the Gulf and you are of Asian descent (no matter where your passport is from), make sure you have a good education/degree and a good job lined up (actually, it is very hard to live in the Gulf countries unless you have already lined up a job before coming here). Inflation has been crazy in the Gulf the past few years, and the cost of living has increased quite a bit.

I love Kuwait as much as I love America - they are both ""my" countries now - and when I get my Kuwaiti citizenship (from my husband), it will truly be my country!

Lana:hijabi:

Proud_2b_Muslim

Ahmad M. Al-Marshoud
:salam2:
thanks sister (q8penpals) for saying good things about my country (Kuwait) it`s really nice from you saying that, anyway I voted for the first option , I did both umrah and hajj , hajj one time and Umrah 7 times I hope you and the rest of muslim people do hajj insha`Allah

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
Alhamdulilah I have made Hajj and umrah and was able to go with all my family last Ramadan, it is a place once you have seen you always want to go back , inshallah you will all have chancce to have this experiance as well

The Quran say

Salam

I just want to know how many people here have done Hajj or Umrah.

I have done Umrah, and insha'Allah, will do Hajj next year with my husband. (I want to do it, insha'Allah while it is still occurring in the winter-time and is cooler!)

Lana
INSHALLAH one day i will perform Hajj and Umrah. Please remember me in your prayer.

Salmirah

I haven't done Hajj neither Umrah.
But the strange thing is that I have seen in my dreams that I'm going to Hajj. It happened many times.
Allah knows when I will reach my dream destination, in sha Allah!

Last edited:

The Quran say

I haven't done Hajj neither Umrah.
But the strange thing is that I have seen in my dreams that I'm going to Hajj. It happened many times.
Allah knows when I will reach my dream destination, in sha Allah!
MASHA ALLAH nice dream. INSHA ALLAH one day your dream will be complete. I will prayer for you.

Salmirah

Ahmed Travel provides both Hajj and Umrah packages. :)
I have also come across with your company many times on search engines. So are you the owner or an agent brother? :) MashaAllah these companies are doing a great job.

The Quran say

Ahmed Travel provides both Hajj and Umrah packages. :)
I have also come across with your company many times on search engines. So are you the owner or an agent brother? :) MashaAllah these companies are doing a great job.
Jazak ALLAH Khaire, But sister I am not owner this company i am just employe. What is y our Umrah packages right now?