Why during ihraam (hajj or umrah) you cant...

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

During Ihraam I read hadith that said it is haram to wear niqaab and gloves. Why is that? I know Prophet (SAWS) forbad that but is there any specific reason. I am not sure if there is another hadith or anything?

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: A man stood up and said: “O Messenger of Allaah, what clothes do you command us to wear in ihraam?” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not wear shirts, pants or any kind of headgear… and women in ihraam should not wear niqaab or gloves.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1741.

Salam Amirah80

Alessia

La ilaha illAllah!
Don;t ask

:shake::shake:Ibn Taymiyyah (d. 718H) said: "As for seeking to memorize the Qur'aan then this is to be given preference over many of the things that the people consider to be knowledge, but are -in reality - either totally useless, or having little benefit. It is also to be given precedence in learning especially by those who wish to acquire knowledge of the Deen, its principles and its particulars. Since what is prescribed for such a person at this time is that he should begin by memorizing the Qur'aan, as it is the foundation of the branches of knowledge of the deen. This is contrary to what is done by many of the people on innovation, in that one of them will preoccupy himself with superfluous parts of knowledge; such as kalaam (rhetorical speech) and argumentation; or very rare matters of differences; and blind following, which there is no need for; or very strange and rare ahaadeeth which are not established, nor of benefit; and many discussions do not establish proofs. And he abandons memorizing the Qur'aan which is more important than all of this."

Salam alaikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatu-hu!

Dear sister, let's focus first on knowing the Qur'an. not by heart but very well and then focus on hadeeths ok?Anyway, we shouldn;t put useless questions.I can;t answer your question as I am not knowledgeble but maybe someone will.If they don;t, that means there is no answer.U just have to respect it and that;s it:)I guess there are many other important things to keep us occupied:)

Allah may bless you sister!:tti_sister::shake:

rony

She wore niqaab during Hajj; is there any sin on her?

As-salam Sister, hope this will help you.
She wore niqaab during Hajj; is there any sin on her?
A couple of years back i went for the holy pilgrimage of hajj . at the time i performed the hajj wearing a nikab , it has come to my attention that its not permissable for women to cover their faces during the pilgrimage . when i did wear the nikab , i was informed by good sources that it was permissable .

Praise be to Allaah.

1 – Covering the face is something good for women. May Allaah bestow abundant mercy on the women who cover their faces with niqaab. Perhaps your question is based on keenness for your religion – may Allaah increase your keenness – but it is better to heed the commands of the religion, which tells women to remove the niqaab from their faces during prayer and Hajj, but especially during prayer, when it is not permissible to cover the face at all except if there are non-mahram men present. During Hajj it is permissible for women to lower the veil over their faces provided that it does not cling to their faces; this is what is called the burqa’. It is not permissible for the woman in ihraam to wear it, but it is permissible for her to lower over her face a cover which comes down from her head over her face. If the burqa’ is not available, and there are men present who should not see the woman’s face, then it is permissible for her to wear the niqaab.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “A man stood up and said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, what kind of clothes do you command us to wear during ihraam?’ The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Do not wear a shirt or pants or a turban or a burnous. If one of you does not have any sandals then let him wear the khuffayn (leather slippers) and cut them so that they come below the ankle. Do not wear anything that has been dyed with saffron or turmeric. Women in ihraam should not wear niqaab or gloves.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1468; Muslim, 1177).

2 – With regard to lowering a cover over the face other than the niqaab, or for fear of being seen by non-mahram men, it has been reported in saheeh reports that some of the Sahaabiyyaat (women of the Sahaabah) did that:

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: “We used to go out with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when we were in ihraam. If we met the riders we would lower our garments over our faces.

(Narrated by Abu Dawood, 1833; Ibn Maajah, 2935)

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

It is not narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade the woman in ihraam to cover her face; rather he forbade the niqaab only because it is worn on the face. He differentiated between the niqaab and covering the face. Based on this, if a woman in ihraam covers her face, we say there is nothing wrong with that, but it is better for her to uncover it so long as there are no non-mahram men around her, in which case she should cover her face from them. Al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 7/153

3 – With regard to the past and the Hajj that you did in the manner you describe, there is no sin on you because you were unaware. If a person does something that is not allowed during ihraam because he was unaware or he forgot, there is no sin on him, and he does not have to offer any fidyah (ransom).

It was narrated from Ya’la ibn Umayyah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that a man came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he was in al-Ji’raanah and entered ihraam for ‘Umrah. The man had dyed his beard and hair with saffron, and he was wearing a jubbah (cloak). He said, “Take off your jubbah and wash off your saffron, and whatever you do in your Hajj, do in your ‘Umrah.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1697; Muslim, 1180).

Similar to forgetting are cases where one is unaware or is forced to do something, i.e., if a person forgets and puts on ordinary clothes when he is in ihraam, there is no sin on him, but when he remembers, he has to take them off and put on the izaar and rida’ (ihraam garments). The same applies to perfume; if he puts on perfume, forgetting that he is in ihraam, there is no sin on him, but when he remembers, he must hasten to wash it off.

Al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 7/222

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

rony

She did Hajj wearing niqaab – what should she do?

She did Hajj wearing niqaab – what should she do?
Last year, I did the Omra and the Haj.I knew that wearing niqab was forbidden, but Ithought that Ihad to wear it because there were a lot of people.During the Haj, someone told me that what I did was wrong and that I had to veil my face with something else. What have I to do to correct this mistake?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Wearing niqaab is one of the things that are forbidden when in ihraam. A woman can cover her face in front of non-mahram men after entering ihraam with part of her garment, lowering it from the top of her head over her face, without committing the forbidden action of wearing niqaab.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: A man stood up and said: “O Messenger of Allaah, what clothes do you command us to wear in ihraam?” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not wear shirts, pants or any kind of headgear… and women in ihraam should not wear niqaab or gloves.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1741.

Ibn Qudaamah said:

Ibn al-Mundhir said: The fact that wearing the burqa’ (face veil – during ihraam) is makrooh is narrated from Sa’d, Ibn ‘Umar, Ibn ‘Abbaas and ‘Aa’ishah. We do not know of anyone who held a different view. Al-Bukhaari and others narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A woman should not wear niqaab or gloves.” But if she needs to cover her face because men are passing close by her, then she should lower part of her garment from the top of her head over her face. This was narrated from ‘Uthmaan and ‘Aa’ishah, and this was the view of ‘Ata’, Maalik, al-Thawri, al-Shaafa’i, Ishaaq and Muhammad ibn al-Hasan, and we do not know of any opposing view. This is because of the report narrated from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) who said: “The riders used to pass by us when we were in ihraam with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). When they drew near, one of us would lower her jilbaab from her head over her face, and when they had passed by we would uncover our faces.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 1833 and by al-Athram. Al-Mughni, 3/154. The hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Risaalat Jilbaab al-Mra’ah.

Doing an action that is forbidden in ihraam deliberately for a valid reason requires offering a fidyah (ransom), which is fasting for three days, or feeding six poor persons among the poor of the sanctuary, or slaughtering a sheep in the sanctuary. But there is no sin involved because there is a valid reason or excuse for doing that forbidden action. It seems that this is the case in your situation, because you say that you needed to wear niqaab because there were a lot of men, So you have to offer the fidyah as mentioned above, and there is no sin on you. This is because you specifically mention niqaab in your question, and not covering the face with some other kind of garment. But if what happened is that you covered your face with something other than niqaab, or in a manner in which it is not usually worn, then you do not have to do anything and you will be rewarded, in sha Allaah, for your keenness to cover yourself and keep away from the gaze of men.

If a person in ihraam does any of the things that are forbidden, such as having intercourse, killing game, etc, then one of the following three scenarios must apply:

1 – He forgot or was unaware of the ruling, or he was forced or he was asleep. In that case he does not have to do anything. There is no sin on him and he does not have to offer the fidyah, and his pilgrimage is still valid, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us (Jews and Christians); our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Mawlaa (Patron, Supporter and Protector) and give us victory over the disbelieving people”

[al-Baqarah 2:286]

“And there is no sin on you concerning that in which you made a mistake, except in regard to what your hearts deliberately intend. And Allaah is Ever Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[al-Ahzaab 33:5]

2 – He did the forbidden action deliberately but for a valid reason that makes it permissible. In that case he has to do what is required in the event of committing a forbidden action (i.e., offer the fidyah) but there is no sin on him, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And perform properly (i.e. all the ceremonies according to the ways of Prophet Muhammad), the Hajj and ‘Umrah (i.e. the pilgrimage to Makkah) for Allaah. But if you are prevented (from completing them), sacrifice a Hady (animal, i.e. a sheep, a cow, or a camel) such as you can afford, and do not shave your heads until the Hady reaches the place of sacrifice. And whosoever of you is ill or has an ailment in his scalp (necessitating shaving), he must pay a Fidyah (ransom) of either observing Sawm (fasts) (three days) or giving Sadaqah (charity — feeding six poor persons) or offering sacrifice (one sheep)”

[al-Baqarah 2:196].

3 – He did the forbidden action deliberately but with no valid reason that makes it permissible. In this case he has to do what is required in the event of committing a forbidden action (i.e., offer the fidyah) and there is sin on him.

(Manaasik al-Hajj wa’l-‘Umrah, Ch. 5, Mahdhooraat al-Ihraam).
And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

The Quran say

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “A man stood up and said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, what kind of clothes do you command us to wear during ihraam?’ The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Do not wear a shirt or pants or a turban or a burnous. If one of you does not have any sandals then let him wear the khuffayn (leather slippers) and cut them so that they come below the ankle. Do not wear anything that has been dyed with saffron or turmeric. Women in ihraam should not wear niqaab or gloves.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1468; Muslim, 1177).