Prayer

butterflymel6

Assalam alikom all, I am new to this site. I just wanted some advice on helping someone who is struggling with prayer. This person has gone thru time when prays but then stops or when they get upset or stressed no longer prays. I have tried everything to help them. Have others speak to them about importance of pray, try to talk to them nicely, but they still struggle : (
Jazza khAllah khair in advance for your help.

Sister in islam

muhammad sabri

Salam alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu,

dear sister depending on who they are you may choose different approaches, you need to understand what tye of person they are because some people may need to be scared of the punishment, others need the hope of the reward, others need both and others none for they may need something related to what they can see so you could let them see how important it is for the people around them to pray. Try to speak to them directly and seriously, if they're adult people tell them that you want them to be good examples to you and you want to teach your children what THEY must teach you, and tell them of how happy and please your heart feels when you seee the praying, and when you pray together and tell them that no matter what type of stress or difficulty we or they face in the end we're all going to die and what we want to leave behind in the world is a good legacy and good teaching and good examples and what we want to look forward in the akhira is a good eternal life in bliss and mercy of Allah. if you can be more specific i could try to write some more in sha allah

wa salam

Evelin

Asalaam Alaikum,
Has the person told you why they pray and stop.
Has this person sought refuge in Allah from the rejected shayton?
Does this person really know who Allah is and their purpose in life?
Is this person being surrounded by negative influences (such as people calling him/or her rude or that he/she is showing off or speaking bad about Allah and His messenger the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)?
If the person is rude or showing off has he or she been encouraged to repent from this. Allah loves it when a person repents instead of growing arrogant.
Does this person understand Allah's mercy and that Allah is the Most Merciful and the Forgiver?
Has this person repented for their sins or at least striving toward leaving a weakness that is causing them to sin and they feel ashamed and feel like they can't "approach" allah?
Does this person feel like they should have a "certain feeling" before they do what Allah and the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)has commanded the person (the 5 daily prayers) once they accepted the oneness of Allah and took shahaddah openly or in private?
Perhaps the person feels alone and islolated "why should I do it?-I don't see my family and friends doing it."
There could be a number of reasons and excuses. Remind them that the Prophets prayed and that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was taught how the obligatory salah should be performed by Angel Gabriel and that the way of getting "closer to Allah" is by doing what Allah and the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) has commanded the believers. Remind the person that they have to make some effort in learning and practicing islam and that Allah will not change a person until they change themselves.
Does the person think that if they indulge in haram and forget about allah that this is a way of getting closer to Allah? There is guidance for those who seek it sincerely for the sake of Allah. Just have to make an effort.