TAHAJJUD

ASSALAMU-WA-ALIKUM WA RAHAMTULLAHI WA BARKATHU

greetings to you in the name of almighty ALLAH.....

This is abdul aziz reverted towards true way(ISLAM) from Christianity..could any one please send me the complete process of TAHAJJUD NAMAZ...(how many rakats )and what should we recite when doing this namaz..

Last edited by a moderator:

muhammad sabri

Walaykum assalama wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

my dear brother first of all it is an honor having you as a brother and having the honor of sharing this little that i know with you and may Allah easen your path towards the perfection of faith and tahajjud too.

So tahajjud is the night prayer, it is done after the Isha prayer and the best way of doing it following the sunnah: sleep first after ishaa without praying shafaa and witr then wake up after few hours, let's say you prayed isha and you go to sleep at 23 or wethever and let's say that fajr is at 5
the best time to pray it is at the last third of the night so you can pray tahajjud from anytime from 3 am let's say until fajr; the rakaat are done in pair of two and when you finish doing them you finish with the witr, it was the sunnah of the Prophet to pray 11 rakaat of tahajjud, so 2+2+2+2+2(shafaa/tahajjud)+1(witr) but even praying just 2 rakaat of tahajjud + shafaa and witr is enough and is in sha Allah accepted as tahajjud too.

If you want to knwo more just ask and i end by reminding a hadith from the Prophet when he said that among the prayers the tahajjud is the one that values the most even more than a prayer done on the battlefield(which values one million prayers!)

here is the quoted hadith

Anas relates that the Messenger of Allah said: "Prayer in my mosque is equal to ten thousand prayers [elsewhere]. And prayer in the inviolable mosque is equivalent to one hundred thousand prayers [elsewhere]. And prayer in the battlefield is equivalent to one million prayers [elsewhere]. And what is more than all of that is two rak'at by a slave [of Allah] during the middle of the night." This is reported by Abu ash-Shaikh, Ibn Hibban in his work ath-Thawab

wa salam wallahu a'alam

Men of Allah

Ya Allah,Ya Rahim.
Tahajjud is prayed in 2 rakah increments. The sunnah is 2, 4, or 8 rakah...but you can prayer 50 if you really want. So after 2 rakahs, you just stand up and do 2 more. You can take a break if you like between each 2 rakahs....its meant to be fairly continuous . The emphasis is on the amount of ayahs read not the number of rakahs. Many people hold a copy of the quran and read directly from it when doing this. My quran on my phone has each Jus / part divided into 8 sections. I try to pray 8 rakahs and read 1 /8 th of a part per rakah. the BEST way to pray tahajjud would be to go to sleep, wake up at the beginning of the last 1/3 of the night....pray for half of that......go back to sleep and wake up for fajr. This follows the sunah of dawud . The prophet wasn't quite specific about doing that, but he did typically go back to sleep after tahajjud and wake up for fajr, although sometimes he would pray until fajr...sometimes he wouldn't wake up.... good luck. wasallam