Question: How to make dua?

zen-zyster

Assalaam aleikum,

As a recent convert I don't really know how to do dua and I would like some information about it. As I understand it is kind of a prayer where you ask for something. Does it has to be dua from a source or can you make them yourself? Can you do it in your own language? Can you do it any time you want or does it have to be during or after salaat? What are the properties of a dua? I often read someone asking to please make dua and I would like to, I just don't know how.

muhammad sabri

Salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu (peace, mercy and blessings of God be upon you!),

Du'a is the most vital thing, it is the dialogue between Creator and creature, it can be done anytime and in any language tho' there are many particularities, remember that a du'a is always answered in a way or another but there are things that can make sure that a du'a is answered for sure; doing sinful actions for example may prevent a du'a from being realized while doing good actions and making du'a(supplication) while glorifying Allah and sending salutations to the Prophet Muhammad and the other Prophets may make sure that the du'a is answered. having said this i tell you that the argument of du'a is soooo vast and it is parth of the path of our lives to get to know about du'as and our personal way of doing it, 24 hours straight writing wouldn't suffice eheh BUT i'll give you a starting kit and from there you can start your path towards miracles and love from Allah(personal experience!)..........starting kit> remember that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said that a servant is nearest to His Lord while in prostration, he also said that Allah is most near during the last third of the night(the tahajjud/Qyam ul layl translation: the standing in prayer of the night) and Allah says during this time ''is there anyone calling upon me(du'a) that i may grant what is asked?'' ,the Prophet also told us that doing du'a while reminding our good actions to Allah increase the probabilities of the du'a being answered, also call Allah using His best names( you have 100 names to choose from <3).

extra: just to give you an example here is a of a beautiful du'a that a great imam once made before dying

and may Allah elevate you to the highest level of paradise the roof of which is His throne and the recompense of which cannot be imagined and is give by God's hands Himself!

Welcome to Islam and peace <3

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

Assalamualaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatu
Sister, open your heart and talk to HIM directly. HE is nearer to you then the vain in your neck.
I like to wake up at the last third of a night, sit comfortably and talk to HIM for hours. Thanking HIM for HIS kindness, complaining about any difficulty i am facing, asking for any thing I want to have with the phrase "if it is good for me in this dunia and in hereafter". That is my Dua.
You can make dua at any time day or night.
Talking to HIM is very easy worship for me.

Last edited:

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

Assalamualaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatu
Brothers and sisters in islam
I have just finished watching this very beneficial video on Du'a and want to share it with you all.

MeadowDust

Assalamualaykum,

Brother muhammad sabri you said: the Prophet also told us that doing du'a while reminding our good actions to Allah increase the probabilities of the du'a being answered.

Is it alright? I don't feel too good when I do that because good deeds should be like forgotten?

What is the difference between qiyaam ulayl and tahajud?