Video 40 Hadith on The Noble Quran ~ Video Series

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0
:bismillah:

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Learning and Teaching the Qur'an

Hadith #1:

'Uthmān (ra) reported that the Prophet (saw) said: "The best of you are those that learn the Qur'ān and teach it." Al Bukhāri

Last edited:

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0

Can YOU recite the Qur'an well?

Hadith #2:
A'ishah (ra) reported that the Prophet (saw) said: "The example of the one who recites the Qur'ān whilst being of those who memorise it will be with the noble righteous scribes and the one who recites it whilst exerting himself to learn it and it being difficult for him will have two rewards. Reported by al Bukhāri.

Last edited:

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0

Who are the People of Allah, the Most High?

Hadith # 3 :

Anas (ra) reported that the Prophet (saw) said: "To Allāh (swt) belongs a special group of people." It was said: "who are they O Messenger of Allāh?" He (saw) replied: "They are the people of the Qur'ān; the people of Allāh (swt) and his select group of people." Musnad of Imam Aḥmad.

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0

Are you jealous of the people of Qur'an?

Hadith # 4 :
Abū Hurayrah (ra) reported that the Prophet (saw) said: "No one should envy another person with exception to two people: a man whom Allāh (swt) taught him the Qur'an and so recites it day and night. His neighbor then hears him and says: "If only I was given what he was given and does what he does" and a man whom Allāh (swt) had given wealth which he spent for noble causes and so a person would say: "If only I was given what he was given and does what he does."

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0

Who should lead the people in Prayer?

Hadith #5:

Abū Mas'ūd al-Anṣāri reported Allāh's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying: "The one who is most versed in Allāh's Book should act as Imām for the people, but If they are equally versed in reciting it, then the one who has most knowledge regarding Sunnah if they are equal regarding the Sunnah, then the earliest one to emigrate; it they emigrated at the same time, then the earliest one to embrace Islam. No man must lead another in prayer where (the latter) has authority, or sit in his place of honour in his house, without his permission. Ashajj in his narration used the word," age" in place of" Islam".

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0

The Qur'an elevates some and debases others

Hadith # 6:

ʿAmir bin Wāthilah reported that Nāfiʿ bin ʿAbd al-Hārith met ʿUmar at ʿUsfān and ʿUmar had employed him as collector in Mecca. He (ʿUmar) said to him (Nāfiʿ): Whom have you appointed as collector over the people of the valley? He said: Ibn Abzā. He said: Who is Ibn Abzā? He said: He is one of our freed slaves. He (ʿUmar) said: So you have appointed a freed slave over them? He said: He is well versed In the Book of Allah (swt) and he is well versed in the laws of inheritance. ʿUmar said: If that is the case, then indeed your Prophet (saw) said: "Allāh (swt) exalts some people by this book and debases others by it."(Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim & others).

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0

The Qur'an Honours the Parents of the people of the Qur'an

Hadith #7:

Buraydah (ra) reported that the Prophet (saw) said: "Whoever reads the Qur'ān, learns from it and acts upon it will have his parents crowned with a crown of light; its light will be like the light of the sun. His parents will also be gowned with two garments that are more valuable than the dunyā and they will say: "Why were we clothed with this?" And it will be said: "Due to your son taking the Qur'ān."

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0

The Believer who recites the Qur'an

Hadith # 8:

Abū Mūsā al-Ashʿari reported that Allāh's Messenger (ﷺ) said: "A believer who recites the Qur'ān is like a citron whose fragrance is sweet and whose taste is good; a believer who does not recite the Qur'an is like a date which has no fragrance but has a sweet taste; and the hypocrite who recites the Qur'an is like a basil whose fragrance is sweet, but whose taste is bitter; and a hypocrite who does not recite the Qur'an is like the colocynth which has no fragrance and has a bitter taste."

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0

The Reward for Reciting The Qur'an

Hadith #9 :

'Abdullāh Ibn Masʿūd (ra) reported that the Messenger of Allāh (ﷺ) said, "Whoever recites a letter from the Book of Allāh (swt), he will be rewarded with a good deed, and a good deed gets a ten-fold reward, I do not say that Alif-Lām-Mīm is one letter, but Alif is a letter, Lām is a letter and Mīm is a letter."

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0

Holding onto the Qur'an prevents misguidance

Hadith #10:

Abū Shurayḥ al Khuzāʿi (ra) said that the Prophet (ﷺ) one day came out to us and said: "Have glad tidings! Have glad tidings! Do you not bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except Allāh (swt) and that I am the Messenger of Allāh? They said: Yes. He (ﷺ) then said: "Then indeed this Qur'ān is a rope; one end is in the hand of Allāh (swt) and the other end is in your hands, so adhere to it; for you will not be misguided or destroyed after that."

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0

The Qur'an is an Intercessor

Hadith #11:

ʿAbdullāh bin Masʿūd (ra) reported that The Prophet (ﷺ) said: "The Qur'ān will be an accepted intercessor and an accepted adversary. Whoever places it in front of him, it will lead him to Paradise and whoever places it behind him, it will drive him to the Fire."

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0

The Qur'an elevates a person's level in Paradise

Hadith #12:

ʿAbdullāh bin ʿAmr (ra) said that the Messenger (ﷺ) said: "It shall be said to the companion of the Qur'ān: 'Recite, and rise up, recite with tartīl (in a well paced manner) as you would recite in the world. For indeed, your rank shall be determined by the last āyah you recite.'"

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0

Listening to the Qur'an

Hadith #13:

'Abdullāh bin Mas'ūd said: "The Prophet (saw) said to me, "Recite to me" I said, "Shall I recite it to you even though it has been revealed to you?" He said, "I like to hear (the Qur'ān) from others." So I recited Sūrah an-Nisā' till I reached: "How (will it be) then when We bring from each nation a witness, and We bring you (O Muḥammad) 1as a witness against these people?" (4:41) Then he said, "Stop!" And behold, his eyes were overflowing with tears."

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0

Who is the best of the reciters of The Qur'an

Hadith #14:

Jābir (ra) said that he Prophet (saw) said: "Among the people who recite the Qur'an with the most beautiful voices is the man who, when you hear him, you think that he has awe of Allah.'"

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0

Join the gatherings of reciting and studying The Qur'an

Hadith #15:

Abu Hurairah reported the Prophet (ﷺ) as saying: "No people gather together in a house of the houses of Allah (i.e. a mosque), reciting the Book of Allah, and learning it together among themselves, except that tranquility (sakīnah) descends upon them, (Divine) mercy covers them (from above), and the angels surround them and Allah (swt) makes mention of them among those who are with Him.

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0

Surrounded by Angels

Hadith #17:

Narrated Usaid bin Ḥuḍair: That while he was reciting Sūrah Al-Baqarah at night, - with his horse tied beside him -, the horse was suddenly startled and troubled. When he stopped reciting, the horse became quiet, and when he started again, the horse was startled again. Then he stopped reciting and the horse became quiet too. He started reciting again and the horse was startled and troubled once again. Then he stopped reciting and his son, Yaḥyā was beside the horse. He was afraid that the horse might trample him. When he took the boy away and looked towards the sky, he could not see it. The next morning he informed the Prophet who said, "Recite, O Ibn Ḥuḍair! Recite, O Ibn Ḥuḍair!" Ibn Ḥuḍair replied, "O Allāh's Messenger (saw)! My son, Yaḥyā was near the horse and I was afraid that it might trample him, so I looked towards the sky, and went to him. When I looked at the sky, I saw something like a cloud containing what looked like lamps, until it left and I could no longer see it." The Prophet (saw) said, "Do you know what that was?" Ibn Ḥuḍair replied, "No." The Prophet (saw) said, "Those were Angels who came near to you due to your recitation and if you had kept on reciting till dawn, it would have remained there till morning such that people would have seen it as it would not have disappeared."

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0
Gain the Love of Allah

Hadith #18:
Abdullāh Ibn Mas'ūd (ra) narrated that the Messenger of Allāh (saw) said: "Whoever would like to be amongst those who love Allāh (swt) and His Messenger, then let him read from the muṣḥaf." (In another version it states: "Whoever would like Allāh (swt) to love him...)

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0

The Qur'an Removes Sadness

Hadith # 19:

'Abdullāh Ibn Mas'ūd narrated that the Messenger of Allāh (saw) said: "There is no-one who is afflicted by anxiety and grief, and says: 'Allāhumma inni 'abduka ibn 'abdika ibn amatika nāṣiyati bi yadika, māḍin fiyya hukmuka, 'adlun fiyya qaḍā'uka. As'aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitābika aw 'allamtahu aḥadan min khalqika aw ista'tharta bihi fi 'ilmil-ghaybi 'indaka an taj'al al-Qur'āna rabī'a qalbi wa nūr ṣadri wa jalā' ḥuzni wa thihāb hammi [O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave; my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You have named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the Unseen with You, that You make the Qur'aan the spring of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety],' but Allāh (swt) will take away his anxiety and grief, and replace it with joy." He was asked: "O Messenger of Allāh (saw), should we learn this?" He said: "Of course; everyone who hears it should learn it."

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0

The Qur'an is a Light

Hadith #20:

Abū Dharr (ra) narrated that he asked the Messenger of Allāh (saw): "O Messenger of Allāh (saw) Advise me. He (saw) said: "Hold fast to the taqwā of Allāh (swt) for indeed it is the peak of all affairs." I then said: "O Messenger of Allāh (saw), advise me more." He (saw) said: "Hold fast to the recitation of the Qur'ān for it will be a light for you on this earth and a treasure for you in the heavens.