Converting

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
I am a convert ( revert ) to Islam.

My family told me I could fly up to spend time with them,
but my older brother made it a condition I could not
practice Islam - must keep it a secret - while I was there.

I told him that this was pretty impossible, since we pray 5 times a day
and have special food requirements.

And so I have permanently been outcast from my family.
Lost all that support, potentially lost a fortune in inhertiance.
It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.
It is NOT the ideal - Muhammad commanded us to keep family relations,
but in my own circumstance this just wasn't going to happen.

My dear sir - NOBODY STOLE ME !!!
My decision to embrace Islam was a long process of reading,
deep thought, research and lots of prayer.
I first read Qur'an briefly in high school - and I had a Muslim friend who was kind to me ( I regret I didn't talk with him more about it ).
It was not until recently, at the age of 29 - that I have fully embraced Islam.
This was not a shot-gun decision, it was slow and gradual.

I think the biggest influence in finally reverting was Khalid Yasin lectures.
His explanation & reasoning was just so convincing and in harmony with
what I believed ( I'd love to meet him and thank him ).

NOBODY STOLE ME.

"I made my bed and I will sleep in it".
It is a great regret that I have lost contact with my family,
but I WILL NOT LET GO OF ISLAM for $10,000,000.
I would die for what I believe.

:salah:

Christians have the freedom to propogate their own faith,
they must wake up and smell the coffee that we will do the same.
We will not be stopped.

Shoaib

Massallah!!
How courages you're!
May Allah bless you out of his bounty.

p.s. Those Jehovas witnesses! I think I've been visited by them at least 10 or 15 times in my new place.
They are so nice and stuff, but I just tell them that I'm muslim, and my believe in god is manifest, so they shouldn't waste their time :D
Perhaps too harsh. Oh well.

Wylaikum,

shoaib

sohaibkhan

ISLAM!!!

My Muslim pride
I will not hide
My Muslim race
I will not disgrace
My Muslim blood
flows hot & true
My Muslim peeps
I will stand by you
through thick & thin
till the day we die
Our islamic flags
Always stands so high
I yell this poem
Louder than all the rest
cuz every 1 knows
WE Muslimz ARE THE BEST!!!

Abu Juwairiya

Also, I wanted to point out to Justice as he says he is a Protestant a little history from Ireland, my birthplace. Protestants converted Catholics during the time of the Irish Famine by only giving those who accepted Protestantism a bowl of soup.... hence these converts to Protestantism became known as "soupies"..... These days for every 1 visitor with a mission to actually help people in the poorest countries of the world, there are 10 more with one mission, to convert those people to Christianity.

I remember reading about the Irish Famine. Apparently, the Catholic population was reduced from 8 million to 6.4 million largely by starvation alone.

When the Potato, Ireland's principal cash crop in the 1840s, went through a bad harvest in that decade, the British government organised some form of welfare assistance, but its scope, responsibility and objectives were limited.

The salaries of Catholic workers declined, while taxes against them in addition to rents actually increased from British landowners who lived there. Trade and investment remained the same for the British economy, but the Irish population was neglected while others who were Non Catholic did not endure the same difficulties.

Emigration abroad increased sevenfold both by labourers and more skilled workers starting en mass after the famine. Among the popular destinations was the US, which holds up to forty million people of Irish descent today.

At the time, racism to the Irish by White Americans was rife. It was not the norm, but still quite prevalent to see shops, markets, hotels, restaurants, public houses and other business enterprises to write 'No dogs, No Irish' or 'Strictly No Irish' and refuse to serve them as customers or as potential job applicants.

Today, the American Irish population, which probably would not have been so large as it is now in part because of the Irish famine, can boast of two Presidents [Ronald Reagan and John F Kennedy] of Irish descent and the most famous bare knuckle boxer, John L Sullivan, among others as a source of pride, judging from their origins as economic refugees over a hundred and sixty years ago.