Is it halal or haram for a Muslim be it Man or Woman to say Oh God or Oh Allah or Oh

truthseeker63

As Salamu Alaykum my question is it halal or haram for a Muslim be it Man or Woman to say Oh God or Oh Allah or Oh my God I am just curious that's all in all Religions they say don't take God's name in vain also in my entire life I have heard people off all religions even Muslims I have heard many people use the words oh God or for many reasons in many contexts anyway I hope my question is clear enough I hope this is not a dumb question I am curious ?

English definition of "(oh my) God!"

(oh my) God!

used to emphasize how surprised, angry, shocked, etc. you are: My God, what a mess!Oh my God, I've never seen anything like it!Taboo interjections (Definition of (oh my) God! from the Cambridge Advanced Learners Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/d...tish/oh-my-god

Fatemeh_394

Wa alaikom alsalam wa rahmatollah
Why are you obsessed by this sentence so much? God = Allah because there's no God except Allah. It means if someone calls a human or a thing as "god" or a "goddess" it is wrong and it's not God (the creator of all people and creatures and everything). It means there's just one and only God who has sent Quran and is called Allah in Arabic. Also Allah is the main name of God which is good if you call him by this name while praying.
Hope my explanations helped

Last edited:

zaman-gm

Wa alikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

If you mean Allah SWT the only one who create/creator of everything as using this word God then it's Ok. And to say "Oh" that is to indicate the only one Allah SWT there is nothing wrong here.

May Allah give us Hidayah. Ameen.