Serious List of Minor/Major Signs of Qiyamah

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
:bismillah1:
Surely, knowledge of the Hour is with Allah alone. Surat Luqman 31:34

What follows is a small sample of the signs which Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) enumerated for us. They have been divided into minor and major signs...

The Minor Signs:
  • The disappearance of knowledge and the appearance of ignorance (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Ahmad)
  • Books/writing will be widespread and (religious) knowledge will be low (Ahmad)
  • Adultery and fornication will be prevalent (The Prophet, peace be upon him, said that this has never happened without new diseases befalling the people, which their ancestors had not known.) (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Al-Haythami)
  • When fornication becomes widespread among your leaders (The Prophet, peace be upon him, said that this will happen when the people stop forbidding evil) (Ibn Majah)
  • Adultery and fornication will be performed in the open
  • The consumption of intoxicants will be widespread (Bukhari & Muslim)
  • Women will outnumber men......eventually 50:1 (Bukhari, Muslim, & Ahmad)
  • Killing, killing, killing (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Ahmad)
  • The nations of the earth will gather against the Muslims like hungry people going to sit down to a table full of food. This will occur when the Muslims are large in number, but "like the foam of the sea".
  • People will beat others with whips like the tails of oxen (Muslim) ?The Slave Trade
  • The children will be filled with rage (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
  • Children will be foul (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
  • Women will conspire (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
  • Rain will be acidic or burning (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
  • Children of fornication will become widespread or prevalent (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
  • When a trust becomes a means of making a profit (at-Tirmidhi, Al-Haythami)
  • Gains will be shared out only among the rich, with no benefit to the poor (at-Tirmidhi)
  • Paying zakat becomes a burden and miserliness becomes widespread; charity is given reluctantly (at-Tirmidhi & Al-Haythami)
  • Miserliness will be thrown into the hearts of people (Bukhari)
  • Episodes of sudden death will become widespread (Ahmad)
  • There will be people who will be brethren in public but enemies in secret (He was asked how that would come about and replied, "Because they will have ulterior motives in their mutual dealings and at the same time will fear one another.") (at-Tirmidhi)
  • When a man obeys his wife and disobeys his mother; and treats his friend kindly while shunning his father (at-Tirmidhi)
  • When voices are raised in the mosques (at-Tirmidhi)
  • People will walk in the marketplace with their thighs exposed
  • Great distances will be traversed in short spans of time
  • The people of Iraq will receive no food and no money due to oppression by the Romans (Europeans) (Muslim)
  • People will hop between the clouds and the earth
  • A tribulation will enter everyone's home (Ahmad)
  • The leader of a people will be the worst of them (at-Tirmidhi)
  • Leaders of people will be oppressors (Al-Haythami)
  • People will treat a man with respect out of fear for some evil he might do (at-Tirmidhi)
  • Men will begin to wear silk (at-Tirmidhi)
  • Female singers and musical instruments will become popular (at-Tirmidhi)
  • When singers become common (Al-Haythami)
  • People will dance late into the night
  • When the last ones of the Ummah begin to curse the first ones (at-Tirmidhi)
  • People will claim to follow the Qur'an but will reject hadith & sunnah (Abu Dawood)
  • People will believe in the stars (Al-Haythami)
  • People will reject al-Qadr (the Divine Decree of Destiny) (Al-Haythami)
  • Time will pass rapidly (Bukhari, Muslim, & Ahmad)
  • Good deeds will decrease (Bukhari)
  • Smog will appear over cities because of the evil that they are doing
  • People will be carrying on with their trade, but their will only be a few trustworthy persons
  • Wealth will increase so much so that if a man were given 10,000, he would not be content with it (Ahmad & Bukhari)
  • A man will pass by a grave and wish that he was in their place (Bukhari)
  • Earthquakes will increase (Bukhari & Muslim)
  • There will be attempts to make the deserts green
  • The appearance of false messengers (30 dajjals) (Bukhari)
  • Women will be naked in spite of being dressed, these women will be led astray & will lead others astray (Muslim)
  • The conquest of Constantinople by the Muslims (Ahmad)
  • The conquest of India by the Muslims, just prior to the return of Jesus, son of Mary (peace be upon both of them)(Ahmad, an-Nisa'i, at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
  • When people begin to compete with others in the construction of taller buildings (Bukhari)
  • There will be a special greeting for the people of distinction (Ahmad)
  • The Euphrates will disclose a treasure (The Prophet, peace be upon him, said that whoever is present should not take anything from it) (Bukhari & Muslim)
  • Two large groups, adhering to the same religious teaching will fight each other with large numbers of casualties (Bukhari & Muslim)
  • Wild animals will be able to talk to humans (Ahmad)
  • A man will leave his home and his thigh or hip will tell him what is happening back at his home (Ahmad)
  • Years of deceit in which the truthful person will not be believed and the liar will be believed (Ahmad)
  • Bearing false witness will become widespread (Al-Haythami & Ahmad)
  • When men lie with men and women lie with women (Al-Haythami)
  • Trade will become so widespread that a woman will be forced to help her husband in business (Ahmad)
  • A woman will enter the workforce out of love for this world (Ahmad)
  • Arrogance will increase in the earth (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
  • Family ties will be cut (Ahmad)
  • There will be many women of child-bearing age who will no longer give birth.
  • There will be an abundance of food, much of which has no blessing in it.
  • People will refuse when offered food.
  • Men will begin to look like women and women will begin to look like men
The Major Signs:
  • Masih ad-Dajjal (The AntiChrist)
  • The Mahdi
  • The appearance of Masih al-'Isa (Jesus Christ), the son of Mary (peace be upon him)
  • Ya'juj and Ma'juj (Gog and Magog)
  • The destruction of the Ka'bah and the recovery of its treasure
  • Emergence of the Beast
  • The smoke
  • Three major landslides (one in the East, one in the West, and one on the Arabian peninsula)
  • The wind will take the souls of the believers
  • The rising of the sun from the west
  • The fire will drive the people to their final gathering place
  • Three blasts of the trumpet (fear & terror, death, resurrection)
----------

hilal.ahmad

disappearance of knowledge...
today it seems easy to get knowledge but reality is different
once we hav Muhadiseen evrywhere and many imams too but today muslims dont produce them

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Any question we can think of we just need to type into the box up there ^^^ and 1000s of answers will come to satisfy our curiosity. We get the most popular answers first, not necessarily the most reliable or informed. And we don't need to remember or know anything, only how to look for the answer.
Edit: >Snip<

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Disappearance of knowledge through the death of the real scholars.
I edited my post where I attached my own interpretation of the current situation to one of the signs. Without proper knowledge it is too easy to to apply flawed reasoning. Thank you for correcting me. JazakAllahu khairan. May Allah protect us all from the shayateen and the wiswas.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
I edited my post where I attached my own interpretation of the current situation to one of the signs. Without proper knowledge it is too easy to to apply flawed reasoning. Thank you for correcting me. JazakAllahu khairan. May Allah protect us all from the shayateen and the wiswas.

No problem. I was meant to just add what I felt was necessary, didn't see it as something that needs to be corrected.

FajazakaAllaahu khayraa.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
I wasn't sure you meant to correct. Your post did make me look back, and I saw for myself something I should correct, so whether you intended it or not, there was a beneficial consequence more than just providing a further point. I'm sure there is something good to say about that.

Salaam alaikum

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam 'alikum
can somebody please explain to me the meaning of the sentence "A man will leave his home and his thigh or hip will tell him what is happening back at his home (Ahmad)"?thank you

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
salam 'alikum
can somebody please explain to me the meaning of the sentence "A man will leave his home and his thigh or hip will tell him what is happening back at his home (Ahmad)"?thank you

:salam: sister,

Some say it means the cell phone - since people keep it in their pocket next to their thigh.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
:salam:

Any supporting statistics available for this? I was looking for them, but all in vain.
:wasalam:

I heard someone speaking on the signs one time, I really don't remember the details, but there was something about the arabic words used. It wasn't as straightforward as 'men' and 'women' but they are usually translated that way. I could say what I think I remember, but better, I will try to look for some proper explanation, in sha Allah. Unless of course, someone else has this closer to hand.

towhid114

Source

What follows is a small sample of the signs which Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) enumerated for us. They have been divided into minor and major signs...

The Minor Signs:
  • The disappearance of knowledge and the appearance of ignorance (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Ahmad)
  • Books/writing will be widespread and (religious) knowledge will be low (Ahmad)
  • Adultery and fornication will be prevalent (The Prophet, peace be upon him, said that this has never happened without new diseases befalling the people, which their ancestors had not known.) (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Al-Haythami)
  • When fornication becomes widespread among your leaders (The Prophet, peace be upon him, said that this will happen when the people stop forbidding evil) (Ibn Majah)
  • Adultery and fornication will be performed in the open
  • The consumption of intoxicants will be widespread (Bukhari & Muslim)
  • Women will outnumber men......eventually 50:1 (Bukhari, Muslim, & Ahmad)
  • Killing, killing, killing (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Ahmad)
  • The nations of the earth will gather against the Muslims like hungry people going to sit down to a table full of food. This will occur when the Muslims are large in number, but "like the foam of the sea".
  • People will beat others with whips like the tails of oxen (Muslim) ?The Slave Trade
  • The children will be filled with rage (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
  • Children will be foul (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
  • Women will conspire (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
  • Rain will be acidic or burning (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
  • Children of fornication will become widespread or prevalent (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
  • When a trust becomes a means of making a profit (at-Tirmidhi, Al-Haythami)
  • Gains will be shared out only among the rich, with no benefit to the poor (at-Tirmidhi)
  • Paying zakat becomes a burden and miserliness becomes widespread; charity is given reluctantly (at-Tirmidhi & Al-Haythami)
  • Miserliness will be thrown into the hearts of people (Bukhari)
  • Episodes of sudden death will become widespread (Ahmad)
  • There will be people who will be brethren in public but enemies in secret (He was asked how that would come about and replied, "Because they will have ulterior motives in their mutual dealings and at the same time will fear one another.") (at-Tirmidhi)
  • When a man obeys his wife and disobeys his mother; and treats his friend kindly while shunning his father (at-Tirmidhi)
  • When voices are raised in the mosques (at-Tirmidhi)
  • People will walk in the marketplace with their thighs exposed
  • Great distances will be traversed in short spans of time
  • The people of Iraq will receive no food and no money due to oppression by the Romans (Europeans) (Muslim)
  • People will hop between the clouds and the earth
  • A tribulation will enter everyone's home (Ahmad)
  • The leader of a people will be the worst of them (at-Tirmidhi)
  • Leaders of people will be oppressors (Al-Haythami)
  • People will treat a man with respect out of fear for some evil he might do (at-Tirmidhi)
  • Men will begin to wear silk (at-Tirmidhi)
  • Female singers and musical instruments will become popular (at-Tirmidhi)
  • When singers become common (Al-Haythami)
  • People will dance late into the night
  • When the last ones of the Ummah begin to curse the first ones (at-Tirmidhi)
  • People will claim to follow the Qur'an but will reject hadith & sunnah (Abu Dawood)
  • People will believe in the stars (Al-Haythami)
  • People will reject al-Qadr (the Divine Decree of Destiny) (Al-Haythami)
  • Time will pass rapidly (Bukhari, Muslim, & Ahmad)
  • Good deeds will decrease (Bukhari)
  • Smog will appear over cities because of the evil that they are doing
  • People will be carrying on with their trade, but their will only be a few trustworthy persons
  • Wealth will increase so much so that if a man were given 10,000, he would not be content with it (Ahmad & Bukhari)
  • A man will pass by a grave and wish that he was in their place (Bukhari)
  • Earthquakes will increase (Bukhari & Muslim)
  • There will be attempts to make the deserts green
  • The appearance of false messengers (30 dajjals) (Bukhari)
  • Women will be naked in spite of being dressed, these women will be led astray & will lead others astray (Muslim)
  • The conquest of Constantinople by the Muslims (Ahmad)
  • The conquest of India by the Muslims, just prior to the return of Jesus, son of Mary (peace be upon both of them)(Ahmad, an-Nisa'i, at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
  • When people begin to compete with others in the construction of taller buildings (Bukhari)
  • There will be a special greeting for the people of distinction (Ahmad)
  • The Euphrates will disclose a treasure (The Prophet, peace be upon him, said that whoever is present should not take anything from it) (Bukhari & Muslim)
  • Two large groups, adhering to the same religious teaching will fight each other with large numbers of casualties (Bukhari & Muslim)
  • Wild animals will be able to talk to humans (Ahmad)
  • A man will leave his home and his thigh or hip will tell him what is happening back at his home (Ahmad)
  • Years of deceit in which the truthful person will not be believed and the liar will be believed (Ahmad)
  • Bearing false witness will become widespread (Al-Haythami & Ahmad)
  • When men lie with men and women lie with women (Al-Haythami)
  • Trade will become so widespread that a woman will be forced to help her husband in business (Ahmad)
  • A woman will enter the workforce out of love for this world (Ahmad)
  • Arrogance will increase in the earth (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
  • Family ties will be cut (Ahmad)
  • There will be many women of child-bearing age who will no longer give birth.
  • There will be an abundance of food, much of which has no blessing in it.
  • People will refuse when offered food.
  • Men will begin to look like women and women will begin to look like men
The Major Signs:
  • Masih ad-Dajjal (The AntiChrist)
  • The Mahdi
  • The appearance of Masih al-'Isa (Jesus Christ), the son of Mary (peace be upon him)
  • Ya'juj and Ma'juj (Gog and Magog)
  • The destruction of the Ka'bah and the recovery of its treasure
  • Emergence of the Beast
  • The smoke
  • Three major landslides (one in the East, one in the West, and one on the Arabian peninsula)
  • The wind will take the souls of the believers
  • The rising of the sun from the west
  • The fire will drive the people to their final gathering place
  • Three blasts of the trumpet (fear & terror, death, resurrection)
----------
akhi, jazak-Alloh khoir. It would be better if you include the hadith grade as the muhadditheen graded them.

Abu Juwairiya

Another sign is that there will be thirty great liars, all of whom will claim to be Prophets or Messengers of Allah. The last of whom will be Al Masih Ad Dajjal. As false claimants to Prophethood, they will also be given the title 'Dajjal'.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Brotther,

Imran Hussein has great lectures on the subject. They are difficult to hear but needed.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam alaikum sweet sister.

Some do not like him. I love him.

He is not a sweet talking man. He is serious. He is one of the most intellectual minds in Islam today. He is very difficult to digest. He does not play games. He takes time to develop his thoughts and they are deep. He is political. His extensive knowledge of politics, history, economics,and international relations is the backbone of ability to help us gain an understanding of what is happening to the Muslim world today.

He does not have strange notions. He is direct. He does not give us sweet notions. He is a philosopher. He is an author. He is a scholar. He is an imam. And he is simply calling us to recognize the signs of Allah, swt. The signs are not so pretty.

He is an excellent imam for those who understand life is short....he makes you stop and think of how Allah,swt, has given us our story, the collective story of us, ...gives me goosebumps

unlike those absolutely cute imams who make us smile....

Hannah_21

Ya allah god help us and shower us with his blessings to protect us all. To forgive us all. And to have his mercy on us inshallah. The description matches exactly of what is happening presently. Here we are. Weak and helpless in front of the furure and rage. Yet none the less we must make dua. That is our weapon and way we can learn to defend.​