Saudi Shia cleric Nimr al-Nimr 'sentenced to death'

MehmetHilmi

The Saudis have horrible Imams among their own Sunni population who go about and openly encourage barbarity. Anyways, I don't think that they will execute this cleric. They won't have the courage to. And they shouldn't.

Abu Juwairiya

The Saudis have horrible Imams among their own Sunni population who go about and openly encourage barbarity. Anyways, I don't think that they will execute this cleric. They won't have the courage to. And they shouldn't.

Jazakallah Khayrun Brother Mehmet Hilmi. Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'barbarity'. What type of barbarity do Saudi Sunni Imams openly encourage and what are your sources.

It is not that I don't believe you, I have no reason to accept or think you would lie or exaggerate on such a claim, but I want to see for myself and be able to cite and allow for verification and open substantiation where necessary.

Precious Star

Whatever happened to that Saudi cleric who raped his 2 year old daughter, causing a "fatwa" of sorts to be issued that baby girls should wear hijab?

Was he sentenced to death?

MehmetHilmi

Precious Star gave a good example. In fact he was who I was thinking about. Ok my judgement was too harsh and not all scholars are like that in Saudi. Just some. I heard a scholar say that homosexuals should be tortured in the public square because he though that death was too light of a punishment (as if death ever was a punishment to it).

Read IslamQA and you find out some crazy things that come from the mouth of well known Saudi scholars. Women bashing, non Muslim bashing, and worst of all non salafi bashing.

I even read an article where it said Ibn Arabi was a Kafir! Tell me if this behavior doesn't encourage the violent takfiri grave demolishing people killing behavior of ISIS than what does?

karbala

He was sentenced because there is not at least one democratic election in that country. He was sentenced because he said: Islam is not distinct from politics. Political decisions should obey Islam rules.