To Cover or Not To Cover? The State has the right to decide for you

Precious Star

Yes but in Saudi Arabia and Iran, if you are not covered from head to toe, a policeman will do the exact same thing as what is being done to the woman above.

The governments all around the world are telling women how to dress, how to drive, who to marry, etc.

karbala

Yes but in Saudi Arabia and Iran, if you are not covered from head to toe, a policeman will do the exact same thing as what is being done to the woman above.

The governments all around the world are telling women how to dress, how to drive, who to marry, etc.
That's not true for Iran. Every woman in Iran can dress what she likes. You can do some more search.

MehmetHilmi

The picture is only true for a certain number of European nations anyways. They would never do such a thing in the US.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
The picture is only true for a certain number of European nations anyways. They would never do such a thing in the US.

I think that main difference between European and US mentality is how to understand the personal freedom. In the US it is much more important matter while in Europe countries set more restriction and control to its people in general.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
That's not true for Iran. Every woman in Iran can dress what she likes. You can do some more search.

Really? Can I walk on the street in Iran wearing the mini skirt if I like and police doesn´t harass me at all? o_O I don´t say I would like to, but in general.

karbala

Really? Can I walk on the street in Iran wearing the mini skirt if I like and police doesn´t harass me at all? o_O I don´t say I would like to, but in general.
I mean the only thing forbidden in Iran is that a woman removes her headscarf or her dress is very nasty. That's very different from above picture.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I mean the only thing forbidden in Iran is that a woman removes her headscarf or her dress is very nasty. That's very different from above picture.

So thats basicly same like sister Precious Star wrote:

Would a non-muslim woman who doesn´t use hijab, has similar destiny in some countries like that sister in France?

Last edited:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
What I have thought, when we demand to our sisters right to use niqab in France for example (or in general rights to dress how ever they like), shouldn´t we be equal and demand similar rights to every women, also to non-muslims in muslim countries, to decide by themselves how they like to dress (with hijab or without hijab)? Why non-muslim countries should respect only our rights if we aren´t ready to respect others rights in islamic world?

hopeeternal

ote="Precious Star, post: 619040, member: 87060"]Yes but in Saudi Arabia and Iran, if you are not covered from head to toe, a policeman will do the exact same thing as what is being done to the woman above.

The governments all around the world are telling women how to dress, how to drive, who to marry, etc.[/quote]

hopeeternal

Salaam it's not actually true anymore ,, there are quite a few who now go out in public without hijab.,times are changing