The luxury of being oppressed

saif

When I came to Europe in early 1990's, I had a strong feeling, that the muslims all over the world were oppressed. The wounds of Bosnia were still fresh. The chechen movement was gaining pace but they still had not started attacking russian schools or hospitals. Even Palestine movement was almost free of terrorism.

I remember, I had the feeling, that muslims were going through their worst time, because they were being oppressed all over the world. How wrong I was!

Compared to the mayhem we are going through today, I can safely say, it was a luxury to be oppressed. It was much better than to be associated with an Islam, which oppresses the innocent, slaughters innocent school kids, kills Yazidis and takes their women as concubines.

Today, I am trying to recall, how the things started to go wrong. I am not trying to compile a history of terrorism associated with muslims, as this should start from the early Khawarij. I am only concerned with the revival of terrorism in our times.

As far as I can recall, the first incidents of terrorist attacks happened against Israel. Maybe, it was exactly because of this reason, that we found our reasons to justify them, instead of condemning them at their very beginning. I heard, for example the arguments from the muslim, that the Israelis were all "combatted enemies" and therefore a legitimate target of such attacks. Some justified it by the oppression they were facing from the Israeli side. Looking back I think, how wrong we were. We are taught to remain just in all circumstances and even the enemosity of a folk should not let us go astry from the path of justice. I want you to reflect on that point. Weren't we taken away by the animosity of the israelis? I am quite sure we were. It was so stupid to consider the civilians traveling in a bus, including women and children, to be combatted enemy. It was so unjust to justify our aggression by their oppression. Afterall, we were muslims and they were not.

In the years until 2001, the thought, which lead muslims to terrorism, like nothing else, was the idea of being mighty because of jihaad -- mighty enough to defeat the Soviet Union. Now we have to confess, that somewhere in the muslim minds, the idea had already started gaining strength, that if we can defeat Soviet Union by our "Jihaad", we can defeat any other power. It is understandable, that some among us were too keen to challenge the "other power", so that it could also be defeated. It was just that, what resulted in 9/11. Believe me, my brothers and sisters, it was just that. I cannot help those, who want to blind themselves by conspiracy theories.

After 9/11, something unexplainable happened. We saw the ultimate rise of salafism all over the world, yes, even in the west. Until 9/11, the converted muslims were usually some intellectuals, who could think higher than the sectarian divisions or the sufis, who despite their deviations were peaceful and harmless. The whole scene changed after 9/11. For the first time in my life I heard the name of Takfirism. For the first time in my life, I saw converts, who were seen discussing, how wrong and full of bid'ah the "other muslims" were.

The chechen movement got a new face. They now had young arab jehadis fighting alongside them. And then something new happened, which was unknown to me until then: Beslan school hostage crisis. Our Jihaadis in Chechnia thought, they were so oppressed, that they now had all the right to slaughter russian school kids. My brothers and sisters, I cannot tell you, what calamities this incident brought in my personal life. My wife, who was a young mother at that time got into clinical depression and needed to be hospitalized.

I had almost forgotten the pain of that time. But the other day, the Taliban did the same. I cannot tell you, how many times, I have seen her crying for those kids. My own pain is beyong words.

The rest of the development is the recent history. Everyday, we hear news about the beheadings of people by ISIS and we just ignore that because some of us think, they have, just to put it in the words of another TTI member, "an authentic base", or all that is too far away to make a correct opinion. Everyday, we hear about the kidnaping of school girls in Nigeria and we can even find people in TTI, who want to justify that.

Now, I want every reader to look back in time, when we did not have all those jihaadis. Were we better off without them or are we better off with them? I have a very strong opinion on that: Being oppressed without these jihaadis was an absolute luxury.

May Allah protect all muslims from the enemies and from themselves.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Asalamu allaicum wa rahamtullah wa baraaktuhu

First of all, Saif thank you for having enough courage to speak objectively on this very delicate and sensitive matter, and thank you for not trying to find superficial excuses to justify the state and behaviour of Muslim Ummah today. And this is exactly the most common behaviour of Muslims today, to insist in blaming non - Muslims and non - Muslim societies for every war, for every calamity, for every lack in progression Muslims are going trough generations and generations. In the Muslim worldview, war happens because non - Muslims exist. War is caused by infidel, the disbeliever and the Muslim hypocrite who doesnt truly commit to the practise of Islam. But the truth is that Muslims themselves are to be blamed for everything what is happening in their lands, in their past and present, and it is their responsibility to take actions which will lead to positive changes in the future.

Islam is the religion of peace. For there to be peace, Islam must be supreme to individual desires, interests and goals. The only way to achieve peace in Muslim society is by establishing the submission of every Muslim to the correct path of Islam, based on tolerance, acceptance the existence of other nations, religions and people. Every Muslim has the obligation to stand against all forms of radicalism and radicals who are changing the image of Islaam as a truthful and peacful religion, while representing Muslims as barbarians. A man with purpose can change the world for good or bad. Barbarism will never be successful and good will eventualy win.

This last horrific crime against humanity which took place in Pakistan, where innocent children, their teachers have been massacred by ruthless criminals and savages has left us in a deep silence, in which we should ask ourselves whether we have fulfilled one of the basic obligations Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'Ala gave us , and it is saving the lives of our children that Allah has left us in legacy. This what has happened is a prove itself that we didn't do nothing or we didn't do enough. May Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'Ala help to those families who have lost their loved ones and give them patience and strenght to survive. Ameen. May something like this never happen to any parent, to any mother and father, brother or sister, to any inocent child. Ameen.

May Allah accept your duas dear brother and guide us all to the right path. Ameen