Question: Why did Allah make hell?

HirraJaved

Why does Allah punish people and if ur gonna say cause people do bad stuff well then Allah knows about that stuff ahead of time since he's All Knowing so why make bad people then why not make everyone good?

a_stranger

Islam create three things within human mind 1 ) love of Allah the creator , the loving the merciful, .......2 ) Fear of hell which can melt hard hearts and create a living conscience within human minds to avoid evil and do good in this life. 3 ) hope in Paradise which motivate people to do all that is good.

a_stranger

The three feelings :( love of Allah most glorified , hope for Janna:praradise , fear of Hell ) can make a stable humble kind personality which hates all kinds of evil , eager to do all that is good. This is the godly plan to purify hearts, then societies.

HirraJaved

The three feelings :( love of Allah most glorified , hope for Janna:praradise , fear of Hell ) can make a stable humble kind personality which hates all kinds of evil , eager to do all that is good. This is the godly plan to purify hearts, then societies.
Ur not answering why he made it does he want to see ppl tortured for eternity? Like what kind of God would do that and sorry I'm not trying to insult im just asking on behalf of all those atheists out there because I certainly don't have an answer for them but they've got me questioning everything myself

a_stranger

You are most welcome dear , I shall try to make things more clear . Allah subhanahu wa taaala don't like to torture his creation, Allah is most loving and merciful....all the bounties we are enjoying in this life is from Allah our eyes, ears, .....bodies.....the air we breath , the food we eat , the water we drink .....the earth we walk on , the sky..........the whole being is a gift from Allah, the one creator. We were created for a purpose , and this life has a big meaning.....to worship Allah and live in accordance with his guidance as the messengers of Allah taught.....if we do justice , peace and happiness is achieved and if we disobey Allah then people will suffer injustice, chaos .....all kind of evils. Since our creator is absolutely just those who believe and do good will enjoy Paradise after death , those who disbelieve while all the signs of the creator around them will suffer after death. The starting point is to believe in the creator......if they don't believe no use of argument. It is not our duty to put faith in hearts of people , it is our duty to tell the message of Allah and each can think and choose his/ her way in life.

HirraJaved

You are most welcome dear , I shall try to make things more clear . Allah subhanahu wa taaala don't like to torture his creation, Allah is most loving and merciful....all the bounties we are enjoying in this life is from Allah our eyes, ears, .....bodies.....the air we breath , the food we eat , the water we drink .....the earth we walk on , the sky..........the whole being is a gift from Allah, the one creator. We were created for a purpose , and this life has a big meaning.....to worship Allah and live in accordance with his guidance as the messengers of Allah taught.....if we do justice , peace and happiness is achieved and if we disobey Allah then people will suffer injustice, chaos .....all kind of evils. Since our creator is absolutely just those who believe and do good will enjoy Paradise after death , those who disbelieve while all the signs of the creator around them will suffer after death. The starting point is to believe in the creator......if they don't believe no use of argument. It is not our duty to put faith in hearts of people , it is our duty to tell the message of Allah and each can think and choose his/ her way in life.
Okay thank you =)

cabdixakim

The preceding people have already given concise replies for a truth seeker. May Allah reward them

Consider a person who kills a thousand lives what's the worst punishment which the most strict system could give him? Death sentence! But then his life equates only one life,what about the remaining 999 lives? He killed a thousand and he enjoyed the punishment equal to one who killed one!... Here, what you see from this is that there can never be absolute justice in this world... In that regard Allah created Hell for such a person to be tormented in the Hellfire for multiple times where he'll be put to life every time he escapes his punishment by death... And every Muslim believes/should believe that entering Hell means being subject to Allah's justice...

Otherwise Allah is without need of our punishments. Allah says, " what will Allah do with your torment,only if you be grateful and believe. And Allah is Appreciative and Knowing"

It's also Allah's justice that He'll never treat those who heeded His commands and those who disbelieved and rejected them. And which master approaches the same to both the one who served him and the one ignoring his commands? Allah is never blind of His creations and such Allah says,

" Do we then make the Muslims(those who submit their will to Him) same as the criminals. What's the matter with you? How do you judge."(Q al-qalam35,36)

In addition to that, Muslims believe that this world is a test field for an eternal live to come. In any test the pass and fail have known consequences and so Allah promises His mercy(paradise) for anyone who believes,does good deeds and comes with the conditions of passing. And that who disbelieves,becomes wicked and fails the test then Allah promises him his justice( Hell)...

May Allah guide us all to His straightened path and may He grant us and all Muslims salvation from the Hell fire...aamiin

Last edited:

HirraJaved

The preceding people have already given concise replies for a truth seeker. May Allah reward them

Consider a person who kills a thousand lives what's the worst punishment which the most strict system could give him? Death sentence! But then his life equates only one life,what about the remaining 999 lives? He killed a thousand and he enjoyed the punishment equal to one who killed one!... Here, what you see from this is that there can never be absolute justice in this world... In that regard Allah created Hell for such a person to be tormented in the Hellfire for multiple times where he'll be put to life every time he escapes his punishment by death... And every Muslim believes/should believe that entering Hell means being subject to Allah's justice...

Otherwise Allah is without need of our punishments. Allah says, " what will Allah do with your torment,only if you be grateful and believe. And Allah is Appreciative and Knowing"

It's also Allah's justice that He'll never treat those who heeded His commands and those who disbelieved and rejected them. And which master approaches the same to both the one who served him and the one ignoring his commands? Allah is never blind of His creations and such Allah says,

" Do we then make the Muslims(those who submit their will to Him) same as the criminals. What's the matter with you? How do you judge."(Q al-qalam35,36)

In addition to that, Muslims believe that this world is a test field for an eternal live to come. In any test the pass and fail have known consequences and so Allah promises His mercy(paradise) for anyone who believes,does good deeds and comes with the conditions of passing. And that who disbelieves,becomes wicked and fails the test then Allah promises him his justice( Hell)...

May Allah guide us all to His straightened path and may He grant us and all Muslims salvation from the Hell fire...aamiin
Why can't He just make everybody Muslim then that way nobody would have to go to hell and everybody would be good and obey Him

a_stranger

Dear remember Allah subhanahu wa taaala is the creator , the originator for everything and whatever Allah do is absolutely wise and just. Our minds is his creation , the only way to have peace in mind is to make this little creation ( mind) which is a gift from the creator to submit to the will and wisdom of the the unlimited knowledge , justice of the one who created . Our life on earth is only short test , the true life is in Janna ( by the mercy of Allah ) let us not waste our time by questioning the perfect will of our creator but work in accordance with it . This will guide our steps on earth in a balanced stable happy way. Try honestly and you feel the difference .

a_stranger

3:179

3_179.png

Sahih International
Allah would not leave the believers in that [state] you are in [presently] until He separates the evil from the good. Nor would Allah reveal to you the unseen. But [instead], Allah chooses of His messengers whom He wills, so believe in Allah and His messengers. And if you believe and fear Him, then for you is a great reward.

a_stranger

In Quran Allah subhanahu wa taaala makes things clear , remembering Allah is with absolute will and perfect justice:
16:93

16_93.png

Sahih International
And if Allah had willed, He could have made you [of] one religion, but He causes to stray whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And you will surely be questioned about what you used to do.

a_stranger

Without the creation of Janna and Hell their will be no living conscience within human mind , when vain desires , lusts , hate, arrogance , envoy, false bride , all kind of negative feelings capture human mind then the result is all kind of evils and crimes . The hidden love of Allah , hope of Janna, fear of hell within human mind can stop those evils and crimes. In the absence of such convictions in minds of people many many crimes can results.
The starting point of Islam is to cut the roots of evil in hearts of people by planting love of the creator and all his creation and purifying the intention of humans then it proceed to correct people and societies .

a_stranger

When a human is sincere in his love towards his creator , full of hope in Janna , fearing hell then this will result in a noble kind personality which feel happiness in doing good avoiding evils. The more sincere the Moslem in his/her secret feelings the better the fruits of his /her work in this life. This is the dynamic beautiful islamic attitude in purifying humanity and making people suitable to live in Janna.

cabdixakim

Why can't He just make everybody Muslim then that way nobody would have to go to hell and everybody would be good and obey Him

well, your question seems to be reproducing itself! But was your initial question answered. By your "then" you seem to be confirming a satisfaction upto a certain point of the replies you're given or so I think.

Why didn't Allah make everyone good?

Allah says."... And Had your Lord willed,He would have made all people one nation(united in one religion) but He intends to test you with what He has given you. So race for the good. To your Lord is your return thus He shall inform you regarding that over which you differ."(Q5:48)

being good is another test just as being bad is!

Otherwise, if we get to where you want us to go; that God enjoys and wants to torment His creation, a similar but opposite question could be asked as," if God wants to punish His creation,why did He create good people then?"

your question could also be similar to a destitute man saying," why didn't Allah make everyone rich?"... And the humans saying," why didn't Allah make every animal harmless since He loves us?"

in addition to this good-bad balance being a test it is also the diversity of life which is a sign to know our Lord.

" And among His signs is that He created you from dust; and then you be humans that keep (dispersing)"(Q Ar ruum 20)

" And among His signs is that He created the heavens and the earth and the diversity of your languages and colours. And in that are signs for those of knowledge"(Q Ar ruum22)

And the beauty about this diversity is it's never an object to questioning!

And in that your question becomes 'asking just what's out of reach'. However,you could change it to away that involves you as; "why didn't Allah make me a believer?"...only then you'll get back to yourself and say, " has the invitation already came to me and I'm to blame?"

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)

The brothers already gave you very good answers and backed it with evidence from the Quran however, I would like to just add, don't let the shaytan Play tricks on you. As you can see one question will lead only to the next so you should be searching or seeking how to put a stop to all these useless questions. How can you try to put a stop to these questions? By remembering Allah often and seeking His protection from the shaytan ' s whispers. Trust me unless you try to ignore them and move on with your life, these questions will take over your mind! It's called wawaas or waswasah.

Salaam.

a_stranger

When a person believe deeply that he/ she are only a poor creation ( servant , slave ) of his creator , when hope for Janna ( which is the fruit of good deeds , good words ) fulls the heart , fear of hell ( which is the result of bad deeds , bad words ) is active in hearts that will wipe hate, arrogance, false bride , vain desires and lusts, envy , greed .............many many evils in hearts of humans. This is a true purification within .
Let us make our Eman ( faith ) active in our hearts.

HirraJaved

The brothers already gave you very good answers and backed it with evidence from the Quran however, I would like to just add, don't let the shaytan Play tricks on you. As you can see one question will lead only to the next so you should be searching or seeking how to put a stop to all these useless questions. How can you try to put a stop to these questions? By remembering Allah often and seeking His protection from the shaytan ' s whispers. Trust me unless you try to ignore them and move on with your life, these questions will take over your mind! It's called wawaas or waswasah.

Salaam.
Thanks for the advice and I do feel it taking over but you should see the state of the world today, they are relying more upon science and are abandoning religion, they think it's a fairytale, they think Allah and such things are made up, asking questions is the only way we can figure out what to say to convince them, I feel bad for these people, I would not want them to go to hell

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Thanks for the advice and I do feel it taking over but you should see the state of the world today, they are relying more upon science and are abandoning religion, they think it's a fairytale, they think Allah and such things are made up, asking questions is the only way we can figure out what to say to convince them, I feel bad for these people, I would not want them to go to hell

Asking questions is part of learning so I'm not at all discouraging asking questions but you also have to think logically and honestly. Are things such as why did Allah do this or that or how come Allah is not guiding everyone etc. Questions that are beneficial to you in any way? It's Allah who knows what He wants to do with His creation. So you have to be able to differentiate authentic and beneficial questions and questions that are endless to the point where the shaytan will make you ask, you know what, who created Allah? Trust me you are not the only one that is going through this stage of faith. Many people did go through it even the Sahaba. You have to know when it's healthy questions and when it's not.

About the atheists, majority of then are arrogant who don't want to open their eyes and heart. They refuse to believe. Anyone who is smart knows this world and everything in it cannot simply just randomly come out of nothing. There is a creator for everything and everyone. They will laugh if u tell them this cup or bottle just appeared like this, no one created it. Yet they refuse to believe the entire world including us humans and animals have a creator and that somehow everything just came to be. Subhanalaah. The human body alone is a miracle if you think about it.

At the end of the day, we can only do so much to convince someone that Allah does exist. We don't have guidance. It is Allah who can guide. As sad it is to see how atheists believe, it is their responsibility to look for the truth. We can only provide the right sources. May Allah guide all of us always to the truth.

yusoffo

Please try reading your Holy Qur'an... You will find your answer..
Why does Allah punish people and if ur gonna say cause people do bad stuff well then Allah knows about that stuff ahead of time since he's All Knowing so why make bad people then why not make everyone good?