The Prophet Like unto Moses???

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah
:salam2:
The Prophet Like unto Moses???

The Prophet Like unto Moses

God addressed Moses: Deuteronomy 18:18: "I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee [Moses], and will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

1. Brethren of Israelites (descendants of Abraham through Isaac) are Ishmaelites (descendants of Abraham through Ishmael). Jesus is here excluded, as he is an Israelite. Otherwise it should be written "a prophet from among yourselves."

2. Is Muhammad not like unto Moses? If this is not accepted, this promise has yet to be fulfilled. The table below, taken from Al-lttihad (January-March 1982), page 41, is self explanatory:

Following is a comparison between a few crucial characteristics of Moses, Muhammad, and Jesus which may clarify the identity of "that prophet" who was to come after Moses:

(Moses, Muhammad, Jesus )

1-Birth

Usual ,Usual ,Unusual

2-Family Life_Married

children Married,children Single,No children

3-Death:

--Usual, Usual, Unusual

4-Career:
Prophet/Statesman, Prophet/Statesman ,Prophet

5-Forced Emigration (in adulthood):

To Median, To Madinah , None

6-Encounter with Enemies
:

Hot pursuit ,Hot pursuit/Battles, No similar encounter

7-Results of Encounter:

Moral/Physical victory ,Moral/Physical victory ,Moral victory

8-Writing down of Revelation:

In his lifetime (Torah) ,In his lifetime (Qur'an), After him .

9-Nature of Teachings:

Spintual/Legal ,Spintual/Legal, Mainly spintual

10-Acceptance of his Leadership (by his people)

(Rejected, then accepted -(Rejected,then accepted)-) Rejected (by most Israelites)t

3. "Put my words in his mouth." God's revelation came through Gabriel, and Prophet Muhammad's own thinking was not involved. But this applies to all divine revelation. Perhaps it is mentioned here specifically because it is compared with the revelation to Moses, which is believed to have been revealed on "written tablets."

Deuteronomy 18:19: "And it shall come to pass that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him."

In the Qur'an, 113 of the 114 surahs start with the phrase: "In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful." This phrase is also a common part of a Muslim's daily speech, for it is used when beginning a new activity. It is not in the name of God, but "in my name". God's personal name is Allah. It has no gender or plural forms, as the English word "God" does. Christians start with "In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit."
It should also be noted that those who will not hear or accept the message that he brings will be punished. This corresponds with surah 3:19: Truly the religion in the sight of Allah is Islam and surah 3:85: And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.

JAZAK ALLAH KHYRAN BROTHER MASHA ALLAH

mustafa_bepari

Prophet Al Ahmad is more like Prophet Al Ahmad Al Iisa, and He is number two, after Allaah Subhaana wa Ta'aala.

Assalamu alaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh brother.

Recently, I've been seeing a lot of comments from you. And its kinda unusual the way you comment, or maybe I don't understand your point. In which case I'd be sorry if I didn't understand what you've meant. But please explain what do you mean by that above comment?

As far as I know, there's no prophet by the name Al Ahmad. It sure reflects prophet Muhammad (Sal Allahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) but then you added Al Ahmad to prophet Eesa (Alaihi Assalam) as well. And... Its obligatory to send salutations upon prophet Muhammad by adding "Sal Allahu Alaihi Wa Sallam".

Again, I could be wrong in approaching your context, I'd apologize if I'm wrong about it. Your username also doesn't sound very good to me. Please elaborate.

Abu Juwairiya

Assalamu alaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh brother.

Recently, I've been seeing a lot of comments from you. And its kinda unusual the way you comment, or maybe I don't understand your point. In which case I'd be sorry if I didn't understand what you've meant. But please explain what do you mean by that above comment?

As far as I know, there's no prophet by the name Al Ahmad. It sure reflects prophet Muhammad (Sal Allahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) but then you added Al Ahmad to prophet Eesa (Alaihi Assalam) as well. And... Its obligatory to send salutations upon prophet Muhammad by adding "Sal Allahu Alaihi Wa Sallam".

Again, I could be wrong in approaching your context, I'd apologize if I'm wrong about it. Your username also doesn't sound very good to me. Please elaborate.

The username that appears here differs with some slight variation from time to time in different threads, but the style, words and comments and overall opinions are almost the same. He [if it is a human male] never uses sources, never cites Ahadith or Qur'an and does not seem to have any knowledge of scholars or even of the basic creeds regarding the Prophets, Shariah or acceptable forms of behaviour and manners Muslims the world over are taught and know since childhood. I would not be too surprised if the user is a Non Muslim, a troll or a plant here for reasons only they may know.