books

Submitter

:salam2:

What kind of books are you looking for? Any particular topic?

How about your local mosque or library? Or of course, Amazon.

If you search for "islamic books" in Google you'll find lots of websites selling them. :)

:wasalam:

shous

I love convert stories! I find them inspiring. I also want a good dependable book about the life of Muhammad (PBUH) and Jesus (PBUH)

aicha-moslima

Salaam alaykoum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhoe

Here in Holland is a book called "The history of the Prophets", it is written by Ibnu Kathir. The book begins with Prophet Adam (Alaihi salam) and it ends with Prophet Mohammad (Sallalahoe alaihi wa salam). I really recommend this book. It's a very good book to read...i hope you can find it insha'Allah.

Wa salaamoe alaykoum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhoe
Your sister in Islam, Aicha

AishaR

Martin Lings did a great book: Muhammad: His Life Based on the Earliest Sources
You can get it from Amazon.

Abul Harith

Staff member

Martin Lings did a great book: Muhammad: His Life Based on the Earliest Sources
You can get it from Amazon.

That particular book is by an orientalist. Western Orientalists will distort the true portrayal of Islam. It is better if we stick to books by Islamic authors. There are many good books on the Seerah of the Prophet that are available from Muslim bookshops or over the internet.

An award winning book and easy to read,

Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtoom (The Sealed Nectar) Biography of the Noble Prophet
Author: Safiur-Rahmaan Mubarakpuri.
Published: Dar-us-Salam; Riyadh.

Wasalam

Mu2min

Kayote

Assalam-u-Aliekum

Martin Lings (Abu Bakr Siraj Ad Din) reverted to Islam in 1938 & got a degree in Arabic after his reverting to Islam.

I personally recommend his book on Prophet Muhammad. The full title of the book is:

Muhammad (Pbuh) - his life based on ealiest sources.

WaAliekum Assalam

cedric098

That particular book is by an orientalist. Western Orientalists will distort the true portrayal of Islam. It is better if we stick to books by Islamic authors. There are many good books on the Seerah of the Prophet that are available from Muslim bookshops or over the internet.

An award winning book and easy to read,

Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtoom (The Sealed Nectar) Biography of the Noble Prophet
Author: Safiur-Rahmaan Mubarakpuri.
Published: Dar-us-Salam; Riyadh.

Wasalam

Mu2min

I beg to differ my brother.. to my knowledge Martin Lings is a revert and a devoted muslim, and his book about prophet is the best book I've ever read in this topic. I must say that I was truly inspired by this book and my love, admiration to prophet made a peak with this masterpiece. He reflects everything as they are in a scientific, objective approach. He lets the reader decide how a great person Prophet (Pbuh) was... I strongly recommend it to everyone...

Abu Juwairiya

I beg to differ my brother.. to my knowledge Martin Lings is a revert and a devoted muslim, and his book about prophet is the best book I've ever read in this topic. I must say that I was truly inspired by this book and my love, admiration to prophet made a peak with this masterpiece. He reflects everything as they are in a scientific, objective approach. He lets the reader decide how a great person Prophet (Pbuh) was... I strongly recommend it to everyone...

I can second that. I have his book and I have read it a few times. While I have seen other books of Seerah which I liked better than his, I commend his research and his historical analysis.