Which Gospel is accepted by Islam?

Abu Juwairiya

No. Please. There is nothing of the Gospel in the Quran. Yeshua was NOT given a message from an angel. An angel is only a messenger. Yeshua was the Gospel, Gospel means "Good news" that is what Yeshua is to all who accept Him.. Good News. The Message (Yeshua) does not right of itself, others are charged with writing of it. Yeshua always was the message so it was never revealed to HIM at anytime or any place.

Please also, when referring to Yeshua as Son of God never ever imply that Yeshua was a result of procreation, this is blasphemy and as a Christian I find it highly offensive. This not meaning your post Abu Juwairiya :) but a previous post.

So where is the evidence of this Injil written in Aramaic? There is none in existance anywhere in the world. The New Testament (Gospels) was written in mainly Hebrew and Koine Greek..which was the vernacular language of the time.

Thank you for your post Sister Cariad. Firstly, please remember what is written here will be very different with the Christian interpretation of Yeshua and anything related to him. We do not attempt to say that what we believe is what you accept, nor do we make the claim you have to accept it. These are our beliefs and just as we respect your opinions, you should respect what we say is our creed.

Some of what I wrote is what our scholars say, they are human and they may be wrong in many of the things they say. The post was what they claimed, not what is scriptural, so I am prepared to accept error on their part as their words and opinions are not divinely inspired.

In as far as Yeshua being the message, that is a point of divergence between us. The Qur'an says Yeshua was given the Injeel and you say he wasn't. We accept the words of our Creator over you. We agree on one point at least, the Angel Gabriel was a Messenger and Islam says he was the appointed Messenger to all the Prophets and as mentioned earlier, where sacred books are concerned, it was his duty to be the intermediary between Allah and the Prophets.

In respect to Aramaic being the language of the Injeel, the scholars say all scripture was always revealed in the language of the people and since it seems Aramaic was that language, I will concede that point to the scholars. It is based on interpretation and not scriptural. If you say Hebrew was the language of the day I can somewhat agree as I said Aramaic was a dialect of it. The present Hebrew as far as I know dates from the 1880s and is not the same as the time of Yeshua. However, I could be mistaken.

In regard to the concept 'Son of God', I cannot speak for other Muslims, but since our last conversation I have come to know how you interpret the word yourself and avoid what is insulting to you. I will convey the same message to others.

Cariad

Gospel

None of the gospel writers were present when Isa(AS) was alive. The only person who was alive at the time of Isa(AS) and who did write was The gospel of Bernabas. He was the blind follower of Isa(AS) . But the church did not accept this gospel cause it was against the things which Mark, luke etc wrote. There is a book that has been written called "WHAT DID JESUS REALLY SAY? by Misha'al ibn Abdullah". It goes more in detail about everything.

Barnabas never met Jesus. Barnabas was a follower and compatriot of Paul... As was Luke. This Barnabas never wrote a Gospel but he wrote Epistles, which are found in the Deuterocanonical books. The Gospel of Barnabas that some muslims refer to is known to be a very late work of zero provenance now believed to be a fake by an unknown author. I do not think eminent muslim scholars even quote this work any longer.

Your are wrong to say none of the disciples were alive when the first Gospels were written. Evidence says otherwise. Besides the disciples endured persecution and died horrible deaths to complete the task Yeshua gave them.. To take the Gospel to the all peoples of the world so they be saved. You think they did this for a lie??? At first this was orally there was no command to write their accounts, the writing of accounts came later. Your issue should be then can the scribes inspired to write thus are reliable.. In the absence of any proof to the contrary why would you assume they were not reliable and recorded the Gospel accounts truthfully and honestly? Indeed why should they have recourse to lie? There was no promise of another to come after Yeshua, Yeshua said with Him it was finished.. So they had no reason to falsify any account that would disagree with something 600 years later.

Abu Juwairiya

No. Please. There is nothing of the Gospel in the Quran. Yeshua was NOT given a message from an angel. An angel is only a messenger. Yeshua was the Gospel, Gospel means "Good news" that is what Yeshua is to all who accept Him.. Good News. The Message (Yeshua) does not right of itself, others are charged with writing of it. Yeshua always was the message so it was never revealed to HIM at anytime or any place.

Please also, when referring to Yeshua as Son of God never ever imply that Yeshua was a result of procreation, this is blasphemy and as a Christian I find it highly offensive. This not meaning your post Abu Juwairiya :) but a previous post.

So where is the evidence of this Injil written in Aramaic? There is none in existance anywhere in the world. The New Testament (Gospels) was written in mainly Hebrew and Koine Greek..which was the vernacular language of the time.

Thank you for your post Sister Cariad. Firstly, please remember what is written here will be very different with the Christian interpretation of Yeshua and anything related to him. We do not attempt to say that what we believe is what you accept, nor do we make the claim you have to accept it. These are our beliefs and just as we respect your opinions, you should respect what we say is our creed.

Some of what I wrote is what our scholars say, they are human and they may be wrong in many of the things they say. The post was what they claimed, not what is scriptural, so I am prepared to accept error on their part as their words and opinions are not divinely inspired.

In as far as Yeshua being the message, that is a point of divergence between us. The Qur'an says Yeshua was given the Injeel and you say he wasn't. We accept the words of our Creator over you. We agree on one point at least, the Angel Gabriel was a Messenger and Islam says he was the appointed Messenger to all the Prophets and as mentioned earlier, where sacred books are concerned, it was his duty to be the intermediary between Allah and the Prophets.

In respect to Aramaic being the language of the Injeel, the scholars say all scripture was always revealed in the language of the people and since to our scholars it seems Aramaic was that language, I will concede that point to them since I have little knowledge, but if you have better and more informed knowledge, I am willing to listen to you. It is based on interpretation and not scriptural. If you say Hebrew was the language of the day I can somewhat agree as I said Aramaic was a dialect of it. The present Hebrew as far as I know dates from the 1880s and is not the same as the time of Yeshua. However, I could be mistaken.

In regard to the concept 'Son of God', I cannot speak for other Muslims, but since our last conversation I have come to know how you interpret the word yourself and avoid what is insulting to you. I will convey the same message to others.

Cariad

Thank you for your reply. Of course it will be different, and I respect it as your belief. I am simply stating IMHO that the Injil you speak of has no real resemblance to the Gospels. The Injil you speak of has no evidence of its existence.

Yes, they are human and have reason to interpret the Gospel by their own terms, which cannot be without bias I think. Yet their opinions are taken as authority on someone else's scripture by virtue of their being muslim. Any evidence there is in regards to the Gospels is ignored.

Again, we can agree that we each have belief and faith in our respective scriptures. I believe God in His infinite wisdom reveals Himself to all people who are open to His truth and love, God may not reveal Himself in the same way to all. We can agree on Angels as messengers.. Even Gabriel. Yet the Old Testament prophets did not usually receive revelations through angel messengers. Here again our scriptures diverge. I cannot see Gabriel (who appeared as a messenger twice in the Bible) giving any revelation to Yeshua. Gabriel brought the annunciation of Yeshua and also previously the birth of the John the Baptist. There may have been other appearances where he was not named, but could have also been another Angel.. I cannot think of any instances of angels bringing revelations to the Prophets.

In respect to Aramaic being the language of the Injeel, the scholars say all scripture was always revealed in the language of the people and since it seems Aramaic was that language, I will concede that point to the scholars. It is based on interpretation and not scriptural. If you say Hebrew was the language of the day I can somewhat agree as I said Aramaic was a dialect of it. The present Hebrew as far as I know dates from the 1880s and is not the same as the time of Yeshua. However, I could be mistaken.

With respect this is scholars opinion is it not? Yeshua spoke Hebrew, and also Aramaic yet Greek was also widely spoken in that part of the world, when the Gospels were committed to script the language in the vernacular was mainly Koine greek. Ancient Hebrew has not differed greatly from modern Hebrew. Jews still recite the Torah etc in Hebrew. I believe Aramaic or a dialect of it is still spoken by a small number of people today.

I thank you. Yeshua referred to Himself as Son, He called God as Father, and God referred to Yeshua as Son and also as God. At no time does the Bible imply this to be a biological connection. I know of no Christian who would think otherwise and would not be hurt to hear this blasphemous connection repeated. I know this is a hard thing for muslims to accept but it is how God has chosen to reveal of Himself in Biblical scriptures. God never does force Himself on any person but gives us the choice to love Him and worship Him alone according to how God grants us the spiritual discernment in such matters. We just need to understand that God is ONE. :)

Abu Juwairiya

Thank you for your reply. Of course it will be different, and I respect it as your belief. I am simply stating IMHO that the Injil you speak of has no real resemblance to the Gospels. The Injil you speak of has no evidence of its existence.

Yes, they are human and have reason to interpret the Gospel by their own terms, which cannot be without bias I think. Yet their opinions are taken as authority on someone else's scripture by virtue of their being muslim. Any evidence there is in regards to the Gospels is ignored.

Again, we can agree that we each have belief and faith in our respective scriptures. I believe God in His infinite wisdom reveals Himself to all people who are open to His truth and love, God may not reveal Himself in the same way to all. We can agree on Angels as messengers.. Even Gabriel. Yet the Old Testament prophets did not usually receive revelations through angel messengers. Here again our scriptures diverge. I cannot see Gabriel (who appeared as a messenger twice in the Bible) giving any revelation to Yeshua. Gabriel brought the annunciation of Yeshua and also previously the birth of the John the Baptist. There may have been other appearances where he was not named, but could have also been another Angel.. I cannot think of any instances of angels bringing revelations to the Prophets.

With respect this is scholars opinion is it not? Yeshua spoke Hebrew, and also Aramaic yet Greek was also widely spoken in that part of the world, when the Gospels were committed to script the language in the vernacular was mainly Koine greek. Ancient Hebrew has not differed greatly from modern Hebrew. Jews still recite the Torah etc in Hebrew. I believe Aramaic or a dialect of it is still spoken by a small number of people today.

I thank you. Yeshua referred to Himself as Son, He called God as Father, and God referred to Yeshua as Son and also as God. At no time does the Bible imply this to be a biological connection. I know of no Christian who would think otherwise and would not be hurt to hear this blasphemous connection repeated. I know this is a hard thing for muslims to accept but it is how God has chosen to reveal of Himself in Biblical scriptures. God never does force Himself on any person but gives us the choice to love Him and worship Him alone according to how God grants us the spiritual discernment in such matters. We just need to understand that God is ONE. :)

Thank you for your reply. May God reward you and may He make us both have deeper and better understanding of each other's religions, beliefs and cultures. Thanks gain for everything. Peace be with you.

Cariad

Peace and blessings to you. Now I am going to see if Sister Herb has any new recipes in the cookery section for me to try. :D