Salam from The Bearded One

mahussain

Alhamdulillah you are thinking of doing dawah.

My advice would be to show your website blog to an alim or student of knowledge, to take advice on if the content of your blog is permissible or not.

If you do not want to show your blog to an Alim or student of knowledge, the question would be Why?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

Welcome to forum brother.

I checked your blog and... well, I wonder why there is videos where people shoot others and pictures about women without proper covering themselves. Maybe you know your audience you try to talk and make dawah better than I do but anyways, it looked quite strange to me.

imran-anwar-khan

Thanks for the comments. I will take on board what has been said.

I have no problem with running things past an alim/shaykh and, insha-Allah, as time goes by I will do this more and more.

Also, apologies for the links to violent videos and perhaps inappropriate pictures - point taken.

I am new to the blogging world...the aim of the blog is (always in a halal context) to not just blog about things I find interesting, but to also try and present Islam to Muslims and non-Muslims alike, in a gentle non-preachy way. There are quite a few non-Muslims at my work who read my blog posts, so I don't want to make it too Islamic so as to alienate them.

At the same time I don't want to alienate Muslims like yourselves, so points duly noted and I will insha-Allah try to be more careful about what I blog about in future. I do find it hard to blog about things that Muslims and non-Muslims both will enjoy reading, and find thought provoking...