My story

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I wrote that story about my one dream some years ago. Not sure if it goes to this section at all. Any ways, hopely you will like it.

Voice from the past

Years ago, I was spending my summer vacation at the country side, in a small old cottage in the middle of the forest. Those were sunny and happy days; I worked some in the garden, walked in the forest, swam on the lake, went to fishing, and collected fresh flowers every evening to the pots, to bring fresh smell in my tiny bedroom. I painted the wall of that cottage blue as the sky, sat at the evenings in my small kitchen, drinking tea made from fresh herbs and flowers and read old books (what my mom, grand mom, and great grand moms read when they were children).

After working all the day, having tea and read some, I went to my bed in the very small bedroom (there was space only for bed, little table beside of the bed and the wardrobe, made by my grandfather when he was young man). On the wall, beside my bed was the tapestry, which was made over 100 years ago. I loved it so much. I have been told it was the mother of my father who made it; she made it when she was young in my age, for her wedding. One night, I met my ancestor.

At the evening, I went to sleep, very tired after all work during the day, smelling the flowers, I closed my eyes. Soon, something happened, the whole cottage was full of light, I heard a voice. That voice called me by my name and asked to come to the kitchen. So I woke up and let them in.

There, on the old chair was sitting a very old lady. I had no clue who she was or how she was there. I sat down and asked if she wants some tea or coffee but she never wanted anything. "I am Anna, your great grandmother from the past and I came here to thank you." "Thank me? But... what have I done..." I asked. "Do you know my name?" I was stunning and said: "Yes I know. I have seen it your name from the gravestone when I have put some flowers to there... are you a ghost?" "Ghosts don’t exist. I am the voice. You don´t understand it, but it is not important. I came from the past to thank you; you are the first from my family who actually made such a thing." "I made what? I don´t understand" I said and was thinking WHAT have I put in my evening tea? Is this a dream? "No this is not dream my dear", said that old lady. "Let me tell you story from my past which is also your past.“When I was young, life was very different like it is now, people weren´t free to choose, we had to follow what our parents want, all family wants, the society wants. I was born to quite poor family, we were from the servant class, we were working from the beginning to the last breath, we couldn’t choose how to live, who to marry, or to what to believe.”

That old lady was quiet for some moments, and I was looking in her eyes, they were blue as the sky - just the same color I painted at the walls. "When I was young, I always wanted to know, I was thirsty for the knowledge but I had so little possibilities to get it, in my time as I was born as a girl, I never studied in any schools, there were schools only for boys, and rich families send their sons to there, poor girls in 1863 hadn´t any way to study. The priest here taught me to read, but the only book I had was the Bible, So I read it, but something in my heart told me it wasn´t the whole story, There was something more. I tried to ask some questions to the priest, but then I saw he didn´t like them, I asked something I should not ask, So, I tried to think about them by my own."

"I have seen many evenings of how you touch that tapestry on the wall, you like it, you know it is some kind of connection to the person who made it." "Yes that what I was thinking", I whispered. "Listen, child of my family; I have walked with you on the fields and the forest and I have seen how similar you are to how I was long time ago, we both like to listen to the whispers of the nature, walk alone and find knowledge, and, you are now what I so passionately wanted." "Sorry, what is that?" I asked. Was that something bad or good about. "Don´t worry dear. I spent all my life looking for same truth you have now, in my last years I finally found it...but as I was too uneducated, I couldn´t use it as I liked. You can read and you have read just the right book, the book I wanted to read the most, I am proud of you, my sister in the future."

She stood up and smiled. "You are a Muslim; remember me when you have difficult times. I too always wanted to be, but I didn´t get any knowledge. Make Duaa for me that Our Creator will have mercy on an old lady without knowledge." Then she disappeared and I was sitting in the darkness in my little cottage alone. I made Duaa to her and to all sisters in the past, the present and the future for those who want and will want to know more about this right path called Islam; understanding how much more easily it was for me.

I can read.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
tr
Is this a true story? Does this really happened to u?

This is the dream I saw at one night when I slept in that old cottage.

Old house in the countryside is true:

Anna in this story lived in this house from 1948 to 1952 until hers death.

9xul56kohgpw.jpg

and the old tapestry made by Anna:

csddt9uvlcyu.jpg

Anna was also mother of my mothers father. I have put flowers to hers grave many times. Rest of the story is my dream.

;) Yep, the story is true.

Last edited: