Sisters in mosques

Should sisters be allowed in the mosque for prayers and islamic activities ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
No seriously.Is there a hadith that says about unmarried young women going to the Mosque?

Assalamu alaikum Sister,

I am not aware about any hadeeth specific to unmarried young women, but if you fear that there can be a fitnah, by you seeing the men or the men seeing you, then it is better for you to pray at home.

More on fitnah:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9580&highlight=fitnah

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9408&highlight=fitnah

And Allah knows best.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
The fact that someone voted that women should stay out seriously disturbs me. Women have a right to it as much as men do. At the mosque I go to, the women and men are totally separated 100% of the time. You can't even get into the mens social area or prayer area without going outside and walking around to the other side of the building, so running into men is only a problem in the parking lot, and even then it's never a problem.

If people can't conduct themselves in a respectful manner around the opposite sex then they have problems they should deal with themselves - not by taking it out on women who just want to pray and learn.

Sister K,

There are nonMuslim members also in this website. This website is not visa based. Anyone can get membership.

Wasslaam,
VE

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sister K,

There are nonMuslim members also in this website. This website is not visa based. Anyone can get membership.

Wasslaam,
VE
salam alaykum,

Jazakallaahu khayr Virtualeye for your explanation.

As the brother mentioned, it is not just muslims that vote here. If however there is a muslim who thinks that the Masjid belongs only to the men then he should consult some ahadeeth of the Messenger of Allaah (saws).

wasalaaam.

muhammad.abdullah

Sister K,

Wasslaam,
VE

:lol:

Brother 'virtual eye' why are you always sound so cross and sarcastic. Here i'll do the dishes so that you dont have to do it yourself :dishes:

:lol:

wasalam your brother abdullah

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
:salam2:
salam alaykum,

Jazakallaahu khayr Virtualeye for your explanation.

As the brother mentioned, it is not just muslims that vote here. If however there is a muslim who thinks that the Masjid belongs only to the men then he should consult some ahadeeth of the Messenger of Allaah (saws).

wasalaaam.
Or because:

I voted against women praying in mosques. Why? Because my mouse slipped:lol:

wasalam
...that happens as well. :)

wasalaam.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
No telling off, if that's his opinion :confused:

No libin he should explain himself its really annoying! we wanted a 100% turn out.....wheres the feminist spirit libin :hijabi: ...votes for women!

o rite thats cool! soz this is edited now...we'll let him off

women wouldnt have to take this stance if the brothers didnt assert their social and psychological hegemony over practically every religious issue and just let the Ahadith speak for themselves.

wasalam

ShaheedU

Extinct
women wouldnt have to take this stance if the brothers didnt assert their social and psychological hegemony over practically every religious issue and just let the Ahadith speak for themselves.

wasalam

Hey, whats with the brother bashing?

hafz

I don't think you lot are aware of the facts about the incident , it was not as portrayed .
The mosque did not have a ladies section most hanafi mosques do provide praying facilities for sisters .
There were other mosques in the area , they decided to barge in and demand to pray there forcefully .
They took video cameras and I think the media was involved .To me it looked like the women were being foolishly used for other motives.
The women should have sent male relatives etc to discuss with the imam and or mosque commitee .
To me it looked like a conspiracy .These women acted without hikmat and only Allah knows their intentions.
If the mosque did not provide facilities they should have gone to one which did.
There is no compulsion in religion.

AishaR

Has long as there is a section for sisters only, I cant see what the problem is. Although it is better for sisters to pray at home, as others have pointed out.

:wasalam:

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Ok ,I agree with u guys,but what u forgot, is Sunnah.We all arguing here.
But where is the prove from Sunnah.We can argue forever like this .We should look first at what Our Prophet(SAW) said about it.Thats better then attacking everyone here....
salam to all

ShaheedU

Extinct

Has long as there is a section for sisters only, I cant see what the problem is. Although it is better for sisters to pray at home, as others have pointed out.

:wasalam:

At the time of Muhammed(saws), was there a seperate place for sister? for praying i mean.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member

loveislam1

Asalam Alikoum

No there was not Shaheed, the women simply prayed behind the men, the adolesence were in the middle and served as thier "barrier" but there was no seperate room, no seperate prayer hall. Anyone who think that women are to be barred form teh masjid are going against a direct order from the propeht saalalhu alahi wa salam. I am glad to see the brother made a mistake in his poll response, Inshallah you should see to it that it be changed to refelct your true feelings on the issue.