Tourists flee Tunisia after resort attack .

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Updated 0420 GMT (1120 HKT) June 28, 2015
Sousse, Tunisia (CNN)Tourists fled a Tunisian seaside resort on Saturday, a day after an attack killed at least 38 people and wounded at least 39 others.

A stream of buses quietly ferried out thousands of guests who abruptly ended their beach holidays in the coastal city of Sousse.

Theres claimed ISIS responsibility for the attack that started on the beach outside the Hotel Riu Imperial Marhaba, but it wasn't clear if the group had any direct role in it.

The gunman

ISIS posted a photo of the alleged attacker, whom Tunisian authorities identified as 24-year-old Saif Al-Deen Al Rezgui from the town of Gaafour, about 100 miles northeast of Sousse.

Al Rezgui's uncle and neighbors identified him as the man in the ISIS photo.

His uncle told CNN that Al Rezgui visited his hometown and parents' home Thursday, the day before the attack.

Friday evening, Al Rezgui's mother and father were taken from their home to Tunis as part of the investigation, the uncle said.

Al Rezgui lived in Gaafour until 2011 and later moved to the nearby region of Kairouan to go to college. Police described him as a normal young man who participated in a music group while he lived in Gaafour.

"He used to love soccer," one neighbor said. "Always him and his father, playing in front of the house."

Said another, "He couldn't have done it. It's like some radicals kidnapped his mind."

Al Rezui was not known to have problems in Gaafour and was seen as an introvert who came from a poor family, police said. They added that his younger brother died in 2010 when struck by lightning, a death they believe may have affected Al Rezgui.

Initial reports Friday about the attack suggested there had been three gunmen, but a Tunisian Interior Ministry spokesman later said they were aware of only one and that he had been killed.

The spokesman, Mohammed Ali Aroui, told CNN on Saturday that the gunman specialized in electronics in pursuing his masters degree and didn't have any known relationship with a terror group

He worked in the past for an entertainment organization involved in tourism, which may explain how he knew the hotel layout, Aroui said. It is not yet clear what his current job was, if he had one, the spokesman added.

His first passport was issued in 2013 and there was no sign of foreign travel on it, he said.

Two U.S. officials said they believe the attack may have been inspired by ISIS, though not directed by the terrorist group.

Saturday night, a large crowd of Tunisians turned out at the hotel in a display of unity after the attacks. They chanted and sang, waved the red and white Tunisian flag, and lit candles at the spot where the dozens of victims had been shot the day before.

It started on the beach

The attack lasted about five minutes, starting on the beach, continuing at the pool and in the hotel lobby, and ending when the gunman was killed in the hotel's parking lot, Aroui said.

Tunisian Prime Minister Habib Essid said the gunman hid an AK-47 machine gun under an umbrella to smuggle it onto the beach, which overlooks the Mediterranean Sea.

A tourist Ellie Makin watched him carry it.

"A guy had walked onto the beach and had dropped what I'd seen as an umbrella and underneath (it) was a massive gun of some sort and it was like in the army," she said.

"He was just firing left and right and center. I got up quick as possible ... and shouted, 'Run, there is a gun.'"

A British man wounded in the arm described running into the sea to escape.

"I heard someone firing a gun and then I looked at my wife, and she got up and ran," the man, whose name wasn't given, told Tunisia's Watania 1 TV.

"As I turned, the bullet just hit me in my arm. ... My wife ran to the hotel, and I just saw the gunman firing shots randomly at people laying on the sunbeds on the beach."

~News.

hopeeternal

thanks for posting sister.tjis is a shocking event and we have to post it. Iwas so surprised no one talked about it. This is extremely important for us all.we have to face such issues
Islam is being slowly spoiled by such events and there is of course greater hate for Muslims .this is reality .we have to face it and think of ways to tackle the deep problems in society ..and not hide from reality by taking about simple unimportant things may Allah guide us

abou_elkacem

Here in Tunisia, it was a painful scene on the beach and it was a horrible day. The problem is the radicalisation of young students who were shown a wrong image of Islam,they were radicalised thanks to the coming of those cheikhs adhering to wahabi doctrines. that's the truth.

saif

Here in Tunisia, it was a painful scene on the beach and it was a horrible day. The problem is the radicalisation of young students who were shown a wrong image of Islam,they were radicalised thanks to the coming of those cheikhs adhering to wahabi doctrines. that's the truth.

Assalamu alaikum
Yes we know that's the truth. Beware of those mufsideen and don't let your revolution being hijacked by salafiah.

However, it is easier said than done. More and more people, especially with arabic origin are turning towards salafism, because this seems to be the only thing available, when you try to get more religious. In a society, where the understanding of Quran is frozen after Ibn-Katheer and no new thought as entered in the last thousand years, it is hard to get to a different result.

Yet there should be a start, even if it is difficult. Especially for you, it should be possible. You can count Ibn Khaldoun as your ancestor. Critical thinking, search and research for the true path should not be as difficult for you as it is for the rest of us.

Wassalamu alaikum

Cariad

It is so very sad, for the tourists who lost their lives in this senseless act and their families who are left to cope with their grief. But also for the Tunisian people, Tunisia is a lovely country and the Tunisian people welcoming and friendly. This harms Tunisians as it harms everyone, as it is the terrorists aim to destabilise countries it makes their objectives easier. All the world must stand together and show such people that their hatred of humanity will not succeed. We can do that by peaceful means showing support for Tunisia and its people and not cancel plans because then they win. Tomorrow they could bring same trouble to your door anywhere in the world. Should we hide in our homes? I don't think so.