So sad....

faizkh65

Salam sister... In Islam, parents have their rights and they need to be respected dearly and strictly. If your parents force you to worship another God than God Himself, than you can reject them, But in worldly matters you have to show your affection and appreciation, and in this your patience will be tested. Make sure you dont lose your temper, nor your consciousness, be wise, and continue getting knowledge, for knowledge is power, and knowledge will overcome your fears... Don't mistreat your parents in anyway, please... be patient. Salam (peace be upon you)

faizkh65

i'll be happy to give you some tips if you like, that helped me cope with my parents... its very confusing when everyone is trying to advice you... but they are all trying to help you, so relax, and take your time, dont rush, and dont make decisions in haste... You are striving for a nobel cause, and you will be payed in full, God willing.. Block all the negative thoughts.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

Here is a solid argument to convince him to study Islam:

"I recommend you to avoid preconclusion and watch the following resources. If you agree to them, then good, if you dont agree even then you will be in a much 'better' postion that you are denying after putting your effort to know the truth. Fair enough? Would you owe a few hours of your time to your that daughter who grew up in your own hands?? Would you?"

Wassalaam,
VE

korgan

Slave of Rahman
Tonight during dinner my dad brought up something about Islam. I defended it, and he was saying women are oppressed, women are treated as sex slaves, they get hit by their husbands, etc. I defended them, and then he said "What about the Islamic fundamentalists, the ones who kill innocent people." I don't want to get into everything we talked about, but I brought up that i've read the Quran and I said I wanted to be a Muslim. And if women are being oppressed, then why are there so many women converting to Islam everyday. He started saying how i'm being brainwashed, and if I ever converted to Islam and if I ever wore the hijab or burkha that'd i'd be brainwashed. He started saying things that just really hurt, and really upset me and he kept saying "I feel so bad for you, you're going to be so oppressed and treated badly." I even tried showing him a video on Muslim women and how wearing the hijab doesn't make them oppressed, but he kept saying "They're liberals, that was made by Al Jazeera." First of all he makes no sense what so ever. I pretty much regret bringing up that I wanted to be a Muslim because now everytime he looks at me he sighs. I even started crying, it hurts to hear my own father say this. Everytime I tried to say why I want to be one, and why I believe in it, he'd inturrupt me and say i'm brainwashed.

I don't know what to do. :(

:salam2: dear sis.
ur story made me very sad. but stay hard. be patient. u r muslim. dont forget our prophet and his friends. they lived hardest torture. but they didn't give up İslam, iman. you are walking on the true path. i hope u will always walk. i believe that Allah is with u. and i will pray for u.
:salam2:

eemaan1

:bismillah:
:salam2:

i'm goin to wade in n try to add my two cents worth (lol). seriously though...
i can never try or even pretend to understand what you r goin through, me being a born muslim and all that...therefore i have a lot of respect and admiration for reverts and soon to be reverts inshaallah...however i can analyse the situation and offers you som points that at least to me seem relevant...

first off (dont mean to be harsh or rude, i find that plain talking does it for me, but i can try to suger coat it lol) it seems to me you need to concentrate on building your eemaan ( faith), take your shahada(if this is want u want to do, may Allah guide you), and try to learn as much as possible about islam(aqeeda, indepth quran ETC (try the anglish version of Quran with indepth analysis by Ibn Katheer, also look for english version of books by ibn AlQayim)).

what i'm trying to say (in such a roundabout way) is that you need to concentrate on yourself b4 you try explaining things to your parents.....be a good knowleadgeable muslim wth a strong eemaan...then involve your parents.....

if you decision is to be a muslim i think you should be prepared for your parents at the very least to be upset and try to convince you otherwise or at worst throw you out(sorry dont mean to alarm you(they could equaly turn out to be understanding and supportive!!)) but first things first i think you should put debates with your dad on a back burner(postpone it) and this is just my opinion feel free to totaly ignore it:SMILY126: .

wassalam:hijabi:

Zaarah

Salam sis..

All I can say is stay strong, and have faith in Allah (swt). He really does know best and inshallah in time your dad'll begin to see that Islam isn't something to be scared of.

I reverted in September, alhamdilah and told my mum soon after. My sister is already Muslim ..she wasn't overly suprised and even now, after Ive spoken to her at length about Islam and how wonderful it is, says that I'm going through a phase - I'm 32!! I didn't tell my dad and sadly he died before I could...at least you've been honest and open, which is the right way to be. mashallah.

Wasalam

revertmuslimah

Asalaamu alaikum sister (I hope soon Inshallah)

Shannon,
let me tell you I completely understand what you are going through, I am going through the same, I am a chinese revert muslim Alhumdulillah. I took my shahadah around a month ago, in fact my story is in new muslim articles. My parents said exactly the same things to me except I didn't tell them before I converted I sprang it on them about 2 weeks ago. They told me that I didnt care about them, I had totally changed, I didn't want to be chinese anymore, brainwashed, selfish etc. They even made me give them back the house key. It seems to me as though you know that you are actually a muslim but have not taken the shahadah because of what will happen eg family relations, friends, school etc. The fact that you defended Islam against your father shows that Allah has already opened you eyes and heart, mind and ears. those who are guided by ALLAH (subhana wa ta'ala) are truly blessed. However shaytan gets very angry when people turn to ALLAH (subhana wa ta'ala) and he makes things difficult for us. ALLAH (subhnana wa ta'ala) also says that just because you have turned to me and the right path Inshallah dont think that I wont test you. My family threatened to disown and I feel that all I have done is cause a lot of unhappiness for my family. ALLAH (subhana wa ta'ala) does not give us more than we can cope with. Sister stay strong in your belief, its so hard especially in western countries but when you embrace Islam your whole life changes. Let me tell you I have never been so happy in my life I feel like I have been given the most precious gift and I truly appreciate, brainwashing is what shaytan does he makes you think that beauty is the best virtue a woman can have, he gets to you through the media , through others ignorance, through convincing you are wrong. Seek protection and guidance in ALLAH (subhana wa ta'ala) and he will protect and guide you. I feel personally a big empty hole has been filled in my life also you get a whole new extended family lots of brothers and sisters who will love you for who you are and care for you for who you are. Embrace this gift that ALLAH (subhana wa ta'ala) has given you and you will reach happiness in this life and in the hereafter. Women in Islam are equal and are valued for their most feminine qualities those of love and care, and the things that only a woman can do. It gave me the guts to demand the rights and respect that muslim women have ( my non practicing muslim boyfriend is now a trying very hard to practice fiance) we were together for 4 years and I never dared to demand that he marry me or get stuffed. In Islam family are so important you must never disrespect your parents or anything like that but you relgion comes first. My parents problem was the islamic clothing and the headscarf as long as I dont wear it they will be happy with me however I will not and cannot promise this to them as I will not go against what ALLAH (subhana wa ta'ala) has ordained also a muslim it is wrong to lie especially to your parents. We are not going to agree on this issue as neither side will compromise i will not compromise my religion and they will not compromise their request. I have never felt so bad in my life but I can only pray that ALLAH (subhana wa ta'ala) guides me on the right thing to do as He knows best what is good for me. This is one of my personal jihads. (jihad as in battle against what is wrong)
I hope that it doesn't sound like i'm preaching as that was not the intention but just to help you and know that we are here to help you. If you like you can private message me anytime or we could swap email if you want some siterly support. As a revert I can say that my heart hurts to hear your story as it is so similar to mine. I hope that you will Inshallah take shahadah soon when you are ready and then we can be sisters in Islam. This site has so many wonderful people and is a great source of muslim strength. I will make Du'a for you Shannon

May ALLAH (subhana wa ta'ala) make your journey to Islam easy and keep you on the straight path. May ALLAH (subhana wa ta'ala) allow us to do good deeds and earn rewards so that one day we may all meet in Jannah (paradise) in the hereafter. May ALLAH (subhana wa ta'ala) keep you safe sister.

Wa alaikum asalaam

Your sister in Islam

revert muslimah

Bluegazer

Hello Shannon,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope you all the best.

I've been reading the responses that my brothers and sisters in Islam have given, and it shows that they all wish you well and hope you all the best.

About taking the Shahadatain [The Two Testimonies of Faith; that there is none worthy of worship except Allah and that Muhammad was His Messenger], then I just like to remind you when you do decide to take that step [and I sincerely do hope you do so] then you first need to believe -in general terms- in the Six Pillars of Faith and the Five Pillars of Islam. Please click on the following links to read about them:

The Six Pillars of Faith

The Five Pillars of Islam

I posted a religious opinion of a scholar on another thread that might help you in the situation you're facing. Please click on the following link:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10548

Regards,

Bluegazer

Bluegazer

Hello Shannon,

I'd just like to comment on what you wrote in your last post:

And since I told him, I feel like i've let him down or something. I'm not really looking for sympathy or anything but even though everyone has helped I still feel really confused. Because how he's acting is making it really hard for me to go on with learning about Islam, and even though like i've said I do want ot become a Muslim, i'm having doubts because of all this. I know a lot of people who converted to Islam and have family members who are a different religion had a hard time too, but i'm just having doubts and I really don't know what to do. And ever since i've been feeling really down about it. I don't know if I should try talking to my dad, even though it'll make him more upset, or just finally convert like i've been planning on doing but I know that'll upset him more.

Anyways, thanks everyone for the help....

Obeying God Almighty, loving Him, fearing Him and longing for His reward should be the most important thing in your life. You have to be prepared for the scenario [and I sincerely hope that will not be the case] that your father will never want to hear about Islam and never accept your reversion to Islam.

I found that brother learnermuslim said it best. You have to be prepared for that.

Please reflect on the following verse of the Qur'an:

Say, [O Muhammad], "If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your relatives, wealth which you have obtained, commerce wherein you fear decline, and dwellings with which you are pleased are more beloved to you than Allāh and His Messenger and jihād [i.e., striving] in His cause, then wait until Allāh executes His command. And Allāh does not guide the defiantly disobedient people."

[Translation of the meanings of the Qur'an 9:24]

There are people in this life who are willing to endure all kinds of hardship -including their parents' hostility- for a million dollars, for an Olympic Gold medal, for winning an Oscar, for winning a Nobel Prize.......etc.

Which do you think is more worthy? The above goals that are only related to this life and will end with death or God Almighty's pleasure, admittance into His Paradise for eternity and being saved from Hell?

If you look at it this way, then it becomes much more clear.

You should read the stories of women who went through a lot more than what you're facing, like Aminah Assilmi. Please click on the following link:

http://thetruereligion.org/modules/xfsection/article.php?articleid=195

Better yet, watch a video of her when she explained [among other things] what she had to face. There's a lag in that video, but it's still definitely worth watching:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3007125587197317811&q=

Regards,

Bluegazer

Jihan

May Allah reward with a great reward. Ask your father if he'd rather have you dress like those not-even-half-dressed-zombies on tv and in themagazines. SubhanAllah!! aren't fathers the ones who want to have their daughters cover. The world has officially turned upside down. InshaAllah things will become easier for. Continue have patience.

abdellah007

salam

assalam alaykum sister shannon

let me advice u reading about those who converted during our prophet peace be upon him time. and dont let the doubts control ur mind, bcos forgetting being a muslima let u thinking much more about it. it s the right path that allah has chosen you to go through so dont miss it. there must be a day when ur dad realise that truth. let him observe how ur acting as muslimah , show him the islamic respect and behavour. allah wont let u feel down. may allah helps you insha allah.

Shannonx

Bluegazer, thanks for that link to the post about that non Muslim woman asking that question. It was helpful, but I have a question..

I'm still in High School, and i'm still learning how to pray. But, i'm worried that when I convert i'll miss prayer (during school.) I don't feel really comfortable praying at school, and even if I did I don't know where I could go to pray. Since there's really not a private place. If I miss prayer, is there a way I can make it up? Plus I don't really have the proper clothings to pray in, I don't have anything that covers me head to toe.

Thanks again.

Shannonx

Shannon,
let me tell you I completely understand what you are going through, I am going through the same, I am a chinese revert muslim Alhumdulillah. I took my shahadah around a month ago, in fact my story is in new muslim articles. My parents said exactly the same things to me except I didn't tell them before I converted I sprang it on them about 2 weeks ago. They told me that I didnt care about them, I had totally changed, I didn't want to be chinese anymore, brainwashed, selfish etc. They even made me give them back the house key. It seems to me as though you know that you are actually a muslim but have not taken the shahadah because of what will happen eg family relations, friends, school etc. The fact that you defended Islam against your father shows that Allah has already opened you eyes and heart, mind and ears. those who are guided by ALLAH (subhana wa ta'ala) are truly blessed. However shaytan gets very angry when people turn to ALLAH (subhana wa ta'ala) and he makes things difficult for us. ALLAH (subhnana wa ta'ala) also says that just because you have turned to me and the right path Inshallah dont think that I wont test you. My family threatened to disown and I feel that all I have done is cause a lot of unhappiness for my family. ALLAH (subhana wa ta'ala) does not give us more than we can cope with. Sister stay strong in your belief, its so hard especially in western countries but when you embrace Islam your whole life changes. Let me tell you I have never been so happy in my life I feel like I have been given the most precious gift and I truly appreciate, brainwashing is what shaytan does he makes you think that beauty is the best virtue a woman can have, he gets to you through the media , through others ignorance, through convincing you are wrong. Seek protection and guidance in ALLAH (subhana wa ta'ala) and he will protect and guide you. I feel personally a big empty hole has been filled in my life also you get a whole new extended family lots of brothers and sisters who will love you for who you are and care for you for who you are. Embrace this gift that ALLAH (subhana wa ta'ala) has given you and you will reach happiness in this life and in the hereafter. Women in Islam are equal and are valued for their most feminine qualities those of love and care, and the things that only a woman can do. It gave me the guts to demand the rights and respect that muslim women have ( my non practicing muslim boyfriend is now a trying very hard to practice fiance) we were together for 4 years and I never dared to demand that he marry me or get stuffed. In Islam family are so important you must never disrespect your parents or anything like that but you relgion comes first. My parents problem was the islamic clothing and the headscarf as long as I dont wear it they will be happy with me however I will not and cannot promise this to them as I will not go against what ALLAH (subhana wa ta'ala) has ordained also a muslim it is wrong to lie especially to your parents. We are not going to agree on this issue as neither side will compromise i will not compromise my religion and they will not compromise their request. I have never felt so bad in my life but I can only pray that ALLAH (subhana wa ta'ala) guides me on the right thing to do as He knows best what is good for me. This is one of my personal jihads. (jihad as in battle against what is wrong)
I hope that it doesn't sound like i'm preaching as that was not the intention but just to help you and know that we are here to help you. If you like you can private message me anytime or we could swap email if you want some siterly support. As a revert I can say that my heart hurts to hear your story as it is so similar to mine. I hope that you will Inshallah take shahadah soon when you are ready and then we can be sisters in Islam. This site has so many wonderful people and is a great source of muslim strength. I will make Du'a for you Shannon

May ALLAH (subhana wa ta'ala) make your journey to Islam easy and keep you on the straight path. May ALLAH (subhana wa ta'ala) allow us to do good deeds and earn rewards so that one day we may all meet in Jannah (paradise) in the hereafter. May ALLAH (subhana wa ta'ala) keep you safe sister.

Wa alaikum asalaam

Your sister in Islam

revert muslimah

Thanks so much for sharing your story with me :)
It's really helpful when I hear other revert's stories.

I'll message you, since i'm basically going through what you went through, and maybe still going through.

Bluegazer, thanks for that link to the post about that non Muslim woman asking that question. It was helpful, but I have a question..

I'm still in High School, and i'm still learning how to pray. But, i'm worried that when I convert i'll miss prayer (during school.) I don't feel really comfortable praying at school, and even if I did I don't know where I could go to pray. Since there's really not a private place. If I miss prayer, is there a way I can make it up? Plus I don't really have the proper clothings to pray in, I don't have anything that covers me head to toe.

Thanks again.

Salaamalikum sister,

As long as you have the intention and you give your best effort to go and do your prayers is all that matters. I know it is difficult to pray in school, but perhaps you can ask your principal about your concerns, check the school regulations, check with other fellow Muslims in your school (if any) and how they do it. Maybe you can try praying during lunch hours. And of course you can make up the prayers you missed maybe during your very next prayer when you get home (i.e. Asr time).

Do not feel like you are the only one in this situation, there are people who work, in college that go through this also. It's good to pray privately, but i've seen brothers and sisters pray in open areas also. The whole earth can be used for praying. I pray at work, sometimes my work load can get hectic but I try to come in early, stay late, take a shorter lunch break, etc. There is a small room at my work that no one goes to and I just put up a sticky "Please Do Not Disturb."

I hope this helps

walaakum salaam,
Your brother

OmarTheFrench

Hi sister.

I was in the same case than you,my parents too had a very negative position about Islam.

By my comportment I tried illustrate the true image of Islam and by my comportment my parent have seen that Islam wasn't all bad thing they thought.

Before I was very disrespectful with my parents and Al Hamdoulilah the din(religion),show me my bad comportment,and I corrected him.

I hope I helped you.

Bluegazer

Hello Shannon,

You wrote the following:

I have a question..

TheHumbleWun gave good advice about seeing if there are Muslims in your High School and asking them about where they pray. But keep in mind that there are -sadly- Muslims who do not practise the second most important obligation in Islam [i.e. the five obligatory prayers]. So, try to find practising Muslims in your school and ask them.

About finding a private place to pray in your school, I realise this can be a difficult problem. There must some isolated place where you could pray. At the same time, I think you have to be careful about going into isolated places because someone might try harming you and then no one will be around to help you.

About the statement of TheHumbleWun:

And of course you can make up the prayers you missed maybe during your very next prayer when you get home (i.e. Asr time).

I'm not so sure. I know that one must not postpone performing the obligatory prayer except in certain cases. Is your situation of these certain cases? I must admit that I don't know.

You need to ask a scholar who's known for his knowldge of Islam and his piety. Explain to him in detail what you're going through. You can try sending your question at the following website. Hopefully, Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid will be able to answer you, but I'm not sure when he'll be able to answer:

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ln=eng&pg=fbqa

I found the following religious opinion [fatwa] that might fit your situation. It's fatwa no. 88316 [Has a job which does not permit him to pray]:

Question​

I am a student in the United States. During this summer I was able to find a job. While working I can't pray, therefore before leaving home I used to pray Dhuhr and Asr. Then when I finish work, I pray Maghrib and Isha.

That job is the only one available right now, and I really don't know if I should stay in it or not, even if the answer is obvious. Please advice me what to do.

Fatwa​

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

It is unlawful to combine two prayers (Dhuhr and Asr or Maghrib and Isha) if the person has the choice between combining them and praying each one in its fixed time.

But if there is a necessity or an excuse for doing so, it becomes lawful. Necessity here is like traveling, being too sick to be able to pray each prayer in its fixed time or having to do some important work that would be missed if one does not combine prayers or fearing for one's life or money.

So, we think that if the work you do is lawful itself and if you need its returns and will be harmed by leaving it and if failing to combine prayers might result in some harm or in considerable loss, then it is lawful for you to combine prayers in the way you described. But combining two prayers should be before the fixed time of the last of them ends (before sunset for Dhuhr and Asr and before Fajr (down) for Maghrib and Isha).

Finally, we advise you to adhere fully and completely to the rites of your religion, above all the prayer since it is the foundation of Islam. So, adhere to it and do not spare any effort to get a lawful job that allows you perform the prayers in their right time and with the Muslims in congregation. Befriend good pious people and beware of bad company. May Allah help us and you.

Allah knows best.

Answerer: Fatwa center supervised by Dr. Abdullah Al-faqih

Source: http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/Fatwa/ShowFatwa.php?lang=E&Id=88316&Option=FatwaId

Can you apply the above ruling to yourself? I don't know. I believe you should send a question yourself to the Fatwa center supervised by Dr. Abdullah Al-faqih. You can submit your question by going to the bottom of the following website:

http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/Fatwa/index.php?lang=E#Question

I went to the following website and found the prayer times for Lancaster, California:

http://www.islamicity.com/PrayerTimes/

I found out that the prayer times for you area are as follows:

Monday April 16, 2007

Fajr(Dawn) 4:51

Shorook(Sunrise) 6:20

Zuhr (Noon) 12:52

Asr (Afternoon) 4:32

Maghrib (Sunset) 7:25

Isha (Night) 8:54

I don't at what time your school ends. If it ends at 2 pm for example, then you should have time to get back home and perform your Noon prayer before the time for the Afternoon prayer comes [at 4:32 pm].

However, I don't know at what time school finishes and the time it takes to get from school to your house. So, my above advice may not be of much help if you, for example, have to stay at school until 5 pm.

About the dress you should wear for prayer, try finding a Mosque or Islamic Center. They may have something for you.

Regards,

Bluegazer

Shannonx

If there are Muslims at my school, I don't know of any.
I get out of school at 3:41, but on Thursdays at 1:47.
I'm in class during the noon prayer. But the other ones I can do with no problem...

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
I'm in class during the noon prayer. But the other ones I can do with no problem...

AssalaamuAlaikum,

You can delay noon prayer a bit and can offer it before the Aser time starts, such as half an hour before Aser prayer time.

Wassalaam,
VE

Bluegazer

Hello Shannon,

You wrote the following:

I'm sorry to hear about your school having no Muslim students.

About the Noon prayer, you have to understand something. It's best to pray as soon as you are certain that the Prayer time has entered. However, your prayer is valid and will be accepted -God willing- if you perform it anytime up to the entering of the time of the subsequent prayer.

For example, the Noon prayer's time on Monday April 16, 2007 starts at 12:52 pm. That does not mean that at 12:52 [while in your class] you have to leave everything and go perform ablution [wudoo'] and then pray the Noon prayer. If you could do that, then that would be best. However, you don't have to.

All that's required of you is that you perform the Noon prayer on [Monday April 16, 2007] at a time between 12:52 pm and 4:32 pm. So, if you could get home, perform ablution and finish your Noon prayer before 4:32 pm, then your Prayer will be -God willing- accepted and valid.

Please read the following religious opinion [fatwa]:

Fatwa No. : 91186
Fatwa Title : Performing prayer at school within its lawful time
Fatwa Date : 22 Muharram 1427 / 21-02-2006

Question​

I want to tell there is an issue in our house. My little brother who is 11 years-old who goes to Islamic charter school. He just got off from public school. The problem is in his new charter school, they don't pray on time but they pray between of the hours of two Salah and he wants to pray on time which is good. My mother wants him to get out from that Islamic charter school because he can't pray on time. He learns Islam in after school programs which is good. So, my family is trying to put him back to his old school which was public school because he prayed on time. I am against because if we look at it the good side and the bad side the bad side is small in Islamic charter school. The Shaykhs says there is system that system is to follow. And Jibreel when he teaches Prophet Muhammad **[peace be upon him]** he came early one day and the next time and these are the times you can pray. Is this Hadeeth useful? Is the system ought to follow or change the school to public school? 2) If a principal says that my Salah I would delay if president were here for one hour but not 3hours. What do you think about it.?

Fatwa​

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad **[peace be upon him]** is His slave and Messenger.

There is no doubt that performing the prayer at its beginning time is better as this is hasting in performing acts of obedience and hasting to being acquitted from performing religious obligations. However, this does not mean that it is forbidden to delay the time of the prayer from its beginning time as long as it is performed before its prescribed time is over. It is known that each and every prayer has a beginning and an ending time. Therefore, if the Islamic school allows the students to perform their prayer before its prescribed time is over -even at the ending time- then there is no harm in studying in such school.

What the Shaykhs (or the teachers) said that Jibreel (angel Gabriel) performed the prayer with the Prophet **[peace be upon him]** one day at its beginning time and another day at its ending time, and informed him that "Between these times are the times for the prayers. ", it is true, and this is an authentic narration reported by Ahmad and An-Nasaa'ee; in this regard please refer to Fatwa 82253.

There is no doubt that studying in an Islamic school is better than studying in a public school in America, as there are many evils and disadvantages in such schools which affect the mind and morals of the child, especially if he is an adolescent. Taking him out of the Islamic school to a public school in such a case could only be an insinuation and a lure from the devil, so one has to be very cautious and clever.

If the school is really an Islamic school, then it is unlikely that those who run the school will be negligent about the prayer and its times, as the prayer is the greatest pillar of Islam after the two testimonies of faith.

Finally, we thank the mother for being keen on her child to perform the prayer on time, but she should know that the prayer has an extended time and it is acceptable to perform the prayer at any time during this period. Please refer to Fatwa 82907 for the time period of each prayer.

Finally, it should be noted that if the Islamic school does not allow the students to perform the prayer on time and only gives them permission to perform it once its prescribed time is over, and there is no alternative except to leave this school and join the public school, then let it be so, but it would be very strange and very astonishing for a Muslim school to prevent its students from performing the prayer at its time whereas a public school allows its students to perform the prayer on time in a non-Muslim country.

Allaah Knows best.

Answerer: Fatwa center supervised by Dr. Abdullah Al-faqih

Source: http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/Fatwa/ShowFatwa.php?lang=E&Id=91186&Option=FatwaId

Note: The phrases between the stars **is the standard translation of the Arabic phrase صلى الله عليه و سلم which was present in the fatwa. I thought I should mention this here so you don't think I'm tampering with the text of the fatwa.

However, you'll face a problem with the time of the Noon prayer since the Afternoon Prayer time [i.e., the time by which you should have finished praying the Noon prayer] can be as low as 2:23 pm [from the period between November 27 through December 9]. Please check out the full timetable for the five obligatory daily prayers by going to the following website:

http://www.islamicity.com/PrayerTimes/

Then enter the following in the top field:

Lancaster[2964919]

And after choosing the "United States" in the "Country/Territory" field, click "Find".

Then choose the "Yearly" field and choose the year 2007. Click on the "Calculate Prayer Times for Lancaster, California, United States" button. You should get a full timetable for everyday of the year 2007.

With the days that you won't be able to perform the Noon prayer when you get home [because you get out of school at 3:41 and the period by which you should have finished your Noon prayer ends at 2:23 [as on November 7], you'll have to ask one of the scholars at the links I gave in my previous post.

A final word. The time by which you should pray certain prayers isn't always up to the time the next prayer's time begins.

For example, the Fajr [dawn]prayer could be performed up to a time no later than Sunrise. That's why you find the timetable of the obligatory prayers contain the times of the sunrise throughout the year, even though there's no obligatory prayer that begins with sunrise.

Try and get a book written by a good scholar that explains the Obligatory Prayers and their timings and conditions.

Regards,

Bluegazer