Refreshing HELPP, Drinks for kids

Safiyah_

What is a healthy drink for kids besides water?
My youngest daughter (2) doesn't want to drink pure water and I don't want to give sugars to my children so i'm a little desperate here :)
Milk is also not liked anymore and I could let her wait untill she get's really thirsty but she wouldn't drink all day :(
Any healthy drinks for kids?

Cariad

Strawberry smoothie.. If they like or are allowed fizz add some lemonade, (sugar free) or sparkling water better option. :)

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Assalamu'alaikum!
Whatever their reason is , milk is still the best . Formula milk have different taste , choose from the varies to suit which is best for her, considering that she's too young to depart from milk, try to get your family doctor to suggest some . Young children must get 6 complete years of drinking milk for health and sturdy growth . And since she already 2 years old give her apple or grape juice that you can find from the convenience store from those gebber or ribena after every lunch and dinner .She will surely loves the idea~insyaAllah!.

~Wassalam :)

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
also get her to take a spoon of honey mix with lukewarm ( “slightly warm” ) water in her baby bottle or that wonderful apple juice (before taking her milk) to remove gas/wind from her stomach for that morning start follow by her milk an hour later after that.
~May Allah swt help,guide and protect all muslims~Amin!

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
some idea: blend some dates plus honey mix with warm water for that nutritious drink after lunch.

Last edited:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
some idea: blend some dates plus honey mix with warm honey for that nutritious drink after lunch.

also get her to take a spoon of honey mix with lukewarm ( “slightly warm” ) water in her baby bottle or that wonderful apple juice (before taking her milk) to remove gas/wind from her stomach for that morning start follow by her milk an hour later after that.
~May Allah swt help,guide and protect all muslims~Amin!

These are great ideas but remember that if your child is younger than 1 year old, then don´t give honey at all. (Sister mentioned that her child is 2 years, then giving honey is safe.)

Infant botulism is an illness that can happen when a baby ingests bacteria that produce a toxin inside the body.

The condition can be frightening because it can cause muscle weakness and breathing problems. But it is very rare: Fewer than 100 cases of infant botulism happen each year in the United States, and most babies who do get botulism recover fully.

Infant botulism is treatable, but because of its severity, it's important to learn the symptoms so you can recognize it early. Also know that honey is a known source of the bacteria spores that cause botulism. For this reason, honey shouldn't be given to babies younger than 1 year old.

Spores of Clostridium botulinum bacteria, found in dirt and dust, can contaminate honey. These bacteria are harmless to older kids and adults because their mature digestive systems can move the spores through the body before they cause any harm.

But very young babies haven't developed the ability to handle the spores yet. So if an infant ingests them, the bacteria germinate, multiply, and produce a toxin. That toxin interferes with the normal interaction between the muscles and nerves and can hamper an infant's ability to move, eat, and breathe.

Two other types of botulism tend to affect older kids and adults:
  1. wound botulism, when the bacteria infect a wound and produce the toxin inside of it
  2. foodborne botulism, which is usually caused by eating home-canned foods that contain the toxin
Signs and Symptoms

Symptoms of botulism begin between 3 to 30 days after an infant ingests the spores. Constipation is often the first sign of botulism that parents notice (although there are many other causes of constipation). Call your doctor if your baby hasn't had a bowel movement in 3 days.

Other symptoms of botulism can include:

• flat facial expression
  • poor feeding (weak sucking)
  • weak cry
  • decreased movement
  • trouble swallowing with excessive drooling
  • muscle weakness
  • breathing problems

Infant botulism can be treated, but it's important to get medical care as soon as possible. Call your doctor right away and seek medical attention if you see any of the warning signs in your baby.