Three Unique Friends of Man

Mohammad Rafoqie

islam_1958725c.jpg

Three Unique Friends of Man:dua:
By Mohammad Rafique Etesame

The holy Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said,” every man has three friends, wealth, family and Amal”.

Religious scholars say that first friend wealth says to man,” my friendship is limited till your life, when you will die, it will be cut off! (Because wealth will be distributed among the heirs). And his second friend (family) says,” my friendship with you is limited till you will be buried in the grave. When you will die, I shall give you a bath, wear shroud (Coffin) and burry in the grave, and then nothing else after it. While the third friend ‘Amal’ (actions, good or bad) says to him,” my friendship with you is everlasting; I shall be with you in the grave and at the Day of Judgment when your accountability will be going on.

This hadith reveals that everyone has three friends, while the company of two friends is temporary, mortal and limited to this world. While the company of third friend ‘Amal’ is everlasting andcannot beseparated by him. It means one will receive the reward of the actions good or bad. So it is the need of time that one should make friendship to the friend that is everlasting i.e. good actions done according to Allah’s will. The holy Qur’an reveals,” Wealth and children are ornament of life of the world. But the good deeds which endure are better in thy Lord’s sight for reward and better in respect of hope” (Al-Kahf:46).