Muhammed

englishelm11

The glad tidings of the seal of the prophets

Prophet Muhammad, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, is the seal of the prophets and messengers. Glad tidings about him were brought by Prophet Jesus, the seal of the prophets from the children of Israel. Allah says: {And (remember) when ‘Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), said: “O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allâh unto you confirming the Taurât [(Torah) which came] before me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed.” But when he (Ahmed i.e. Muhammad [sal-Allâhu ‘alayhi wa sallam]) came to them with clear proofs, they said: “This is plain magic.”}(As-Saff:6)

The glad tidings of him are found in the Torah and the Bible. Allah says: {Those who follow the Messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write (i.e.Muhammad [sal-Allâhu ‘alayhi wa sallam]) whom they find written with them in the Taurât (Torah) (Deut, xviii, 15) and the Injeel (Gospel) (John xiv, 16), - he commands them for Al-Ma’rûf (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and all that Islâm has ordained); and forbids them from Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism of all kinds, and all that Islâm has forbidden); he allows them as lawful At-Taiyibât [(i.e. all good and lawful) as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods, etc.], and prohibits them as unlawful Al-Khabâ’ith (i.e. all evil and unlawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods, etc.), he releases them from their heavy burdens (of Allâh’s Covenant), and from the fetters (bindings) that were upon them. So those who believe in him (Muhammad [sal-Allâhu ‘alayhi wa sallam]), honour him, help him, and follow the light (the Qur’ân) which has been sent down with him, it is they who will be successful.}(Al-A’râf:157)

Furthermore, Allah took the covenant from the prophets to believe in Muhammad and to support him if he was sent during their lives, and to inform their people about this to spread news of him among all the nations. Allah says: }And (remember) when Allâh took the Covenant of the Prophets, saying: “Take whatever I gave you from the Book and Hikmah (understanding of the Laws of Allâh, etc.), and afterwards there will come to you a Messenger (Muhammad [sal-Allâhu ‘alayhi wa sallam]) confirming what is with you; you must, then, believe in him and help him.” Allâh said: “Do you agree (to it) and will you take up My Covenant (which I conclude with you)?” They said: “We agree.” He said: “Then bear witness; and I am with you among the witnesses (for this).”}(Âl-’Imrân:81)

Source:islamkingdom