ISLAMIZATION OF PAKISTAN

MOSABJA

Pakistan was the country created in the name of Islam and came into being on 27 Ramadan( night of qadr) friday with the migration of 10 million muslims and 1 million killed on the way and it is the only nuclear power in muslim world. after the secular policies of GENERAL PARVEZ MUSHARAF pakistani public is increasingly demanding ISLAMIZATION.
religious parties have come to power in two provinces.

Having banned music in Pakistan's tribal areas, the Taliban are now imposing a fine of 500 rupees for any one playing it in public.

They have also intensified their attacks on shops and video stores selling music CDs and DVDs and cassettes of locally made Urdu, English and Indian films.

The worst sufferers of the new 'pay Rs 500, if you play' regime are the taxi drivers who complain that even possession of a CD player in their vehicles is enough to invite punishment.

The latest target was in Bannu, the hometown of Akram Durrani, chief minister of North West Frontier Province. The attackers came in broad daylight, destroyed a video shop and dumped the damaged CDs, DVDs and other material with impunity in front of the local police station.

More stringent punishment could be coming, local reports said.

The militants have distributed pamphlets in Pushto language warning drivers of private and public vehicles to avoid playing music or face "capital punishment".

"I was stopped by the Taliban at Sarband village near Bara, Khyber Agency, last Saturday. They searched my taxi and found some music cassettes, and then asked me to pay Rs 500 as a fine," Khanimullah, a Peshawar-based taxi driver, told Daily Times.

Another taxi driver, Ali Khan, recounted a similar experience at Sangu near the Khyber Agency border two weeks ago, when men claiming to be local Taliban fined him Rs 500 because he had a Pashto music cassette in his car.

"They said music is a sin and prohibited in Islam," he said. The hardline Daawat-ul-Mujahideen had distributed pamphlets in Pushto saying music was banned in vehicles plying in Bajaur Agency.

he pro-Taliban warlord Abdullah Mehsud, 29, who operates in the Waziristan province of Pakistan, has recently announced the implementation of strict Islamic laws in North and South Waziristan and urged all music and video shops to close down their businesses. Several shops have also been blown up in South Waziristan after the shopkeepers ignored the message.

Students of a religious seminary burnt music CDs, video recorders and tv-sets worth 1.5 million rupees in the federal capital of Pakistan on Friday 6 April 2007. They also issued warnings to the owners of music centres to close down their ‘un-Islamic’ businesses within one month.

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
Salam

Pakistan was the country created in the name of Islam

Brother MOJABA, Recently your many posts about pakistan shows that you are having great desire to dicuss about pakistan and its achievements.

I am writing some of my general views which may be wrong. Please correct me if i wrote something wrong.

What i know from my understanding and experience that there are four provinces in pakistan and the people of which dont tolerate each other (lack of common bond). I have heard Sindhi, Punjabi, Baluchi and Pathan all criticizing each other. Perhaps in whole world you will not find more sects of Islam than in pakistan. Each maulana has started his own style of group. Some are wearing green turban, some white, some black and so on. Most of the people i have talked would be happy to tell their association with some darbar or peer. Most of the peole like to wear some stone ring (as some sort of good luck). Pakistan has also not been able to come economically up like that of Japan or Malaysia.

So: Do you think pakistan has become a role model for islamic world? Be honest to answer and dont take any of my comment as personal. I know there are many many extreamly nice people there but my comments covers overall situation. Jazakallah Khair

hafz

You have much to learn about Pakistan , yes it contains a great amount of bidah, and various other fitnah,s but amongst all this the true spirit of Islam also survives .But I fear you are delusioned if you consider the muslims in other parts of the world any better including the Arab world .Fitnah is everywhere and with the emergence of do it yourself and interpret it yourself Islam the true understanding of the deen is being eroded .
Here in the West we suffer from many deeni maladies and I am afraid we are tanished in our understanding .We come across many fitnah's in our deen but are non the wiser .

MOSABJA

re

First of all I want to say this is posted from a news agency.Since it is a current affairs section and this is a burning issue in Pakistan so I posted it.It did not contain my own views.

If you ask me my views about sects in Pakistan than I know there are many.All Muslim world is in trouble and Pakistan is no exception.THERE IS NOT A SINGLE TRULY ISLAMIC STATE IN WHOLE WORLD.

As far as this issue is concerned
1)first of all it is an attempt to created an Islamic state.
2) the place from where this movement has started is northern province and as far as I know people of that province follow the true Islam without
SHIISM
SUFISM(going to graves)
3)AS far as muslim world is concerned I think Pakistan is far ahead of all the muslim countries and many other countries in terms of defense (nuclear and conventional)

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
Salam

THERE IS NOT A SINGLE TRULY ISLAMIC STATE IN WHOLE WORLD

Thanks brother for your reply. Your post looks much better in small caps now. Actually when you use CAPS it looks as if you are shouting not speaking :) . If you see the rules of the forum it also ask us to avoid caps.

Anyway, It is good that people of NWFP are trying to be better muslims (avoiding bad things from their society). In addition to adopting the method of using of force or fines, a better approach will be to educate people about the ill effects of evil practices. The change has to come in side the heart of the people if you want that change to be sustainable. Once i asked one person from that area why you people dont send daughters to school, he said if they learn how to write, she will start to send letters to lover. I was so surpriesed with the answer. What he is thinking is a problem and he is not wrong with his limited knowledge but it does not mean he has to stop the girls going from school. We have to find the solution to our problems (in this case open separate school for girls). Imagine if a women is to be treated in hospital and there is no women doctor to treat her !

There are lot and lot of Shia people in NWFP. Please confirm your facts.

Every country has its strength and weakness. So, has the pakistan. History has proved that 100% ideal situation is difficult to achive. Perfection will only be in paradise. However, great individual (Gems Of Islam) are born in all the periods. If there are majority of good people around you, your country/place will automatically be islamic. So better work on individuals belief by educating them rather than to take a stick and run around them, for Allah says in Quran:

Invite to the Way of Your Lord with wisdom and good advice. (16:125)

apocalypse77

Once i asked one person from that area why you people dont send daughters to school, he said if they learn how to write, she will start to send letters to lover.(16:125)

this is exactly the point i have with islamic state.this sort of mentality comes from my great grand mother's time who dont want their kids to learn english cos they afraid they will convert to christians.

i think having secular education ( eg maths, science) have to place just as much emphasis as religious education and moral education . Perhaps theres a 2 in 1 schools where they teach religious and secular education at the same time?

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
Salam

this is exactly the point i have with islamic state

I think this is not the problem with Islamic state but with the people. Islam is not against learning or gaining knowledge. If Islam was against science, there would have not been progress of science in early stages of Islam. (Plz visit www.1001inventions.com )
Also, there is no need to call maths, science as secular subjects (Anti-Islam). When we study or observe Allah creation, science is automatically born. Nothing wrong in it. It actually helps us praise the beauty and complexity of Allah's creation. Atheist says "Nature is the strongest force" and believer goes one step ahead and ask "Who created the nature?"

In Quran, Allah encourages us to study his creation so that we may develop better faith and understanding of him.

In time We shall make them fully understand. Our messages [through what they perceive] in the utmost horizons [of the universe] and within them¬selves, so that it will become clear unto them that this [revelation] is indeed the truth. [Still,] is it not enough [for them to know] that thy Sustainer is witness unto everything? (41:53)

Do they not observe the birds above them, spreading their wings and folding them in? None can uphold them except ((Allah)) Most Gracious: Truly ((Allah)) Most Gracious: Truly it is He that watches over all things (67:19)

Have they not observed all thing that Allah hath created, how their shadows incline to the right and to the left, making prostration unto Allah, and they are lowly? (16:48 )

Have they not observed what is before them and what is behind them of the sky and the earth? If We will, We can make the earth swallow them, or cause obliteration from the sky to fall on them. Lo ! herein surely is a portent for every slave who turneth (to Allah ) repentant. (34:9)

Have they not then observed the sky above them, how We have constructed it and beautified it, and how there are no rifts therein? (50:6)

Have ye observed the water which ye drink? (56:68)

Have ye observed the fire which ye strike out; (56:71)

this is exactly the point i have with islamic state.this sort of mentality comes from my great grand mother's time who dont want their kids to learn english cos they afraid they will convert to Christians.

So, in my opinion these fears are in our mind and have to be driven out through education. Some of the fears of old people were caused by the genuine situations e.g When British attacked India and occupied it, leaving them slave with lot of confusion. People of that time (except their polishers) didn’t learn English, out of hate of foreign culture and fear for loosing their deen.

Currently most of the world’s updated knowledge is in English, so an effort to gain knowledge but by avoiding studying English will be like re-inventing wheel.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu
Overall whatever the case, I oppose hypocrite Musharraf and the puppets of Bush and Blair. His calls for moderate Islam are mere blunt. Its a propaganda warfare. There is nothing called Moderate Islam, Radical Islam, Fundamentalist Islam, Extremist Islam. Please wake up.
These words are mere brought by the western and hypocritic media. Islam is to stick to the base of Quran and Sunnah. Thats the bottomline. Implementation of Shariah is to abide by the Laws and Orders of Allah, The Almighty Creator. Unfortunately most people of the world are still disbelievers and hypocrites.
wa/salam

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
I hope no one will be offended by this, particularly Pakistani borthers and sisters.
Who is better and who is not is according to one's piety (taqwa) in Islam. I believe there are muslims from all over the world on this site, but no one seems to attach their nationality to Islam except some brothers and sisters who claim to be Pakistani.
I wonder why?
Islam existed since centuries ago or since eternity and Pakistan came into being about 60 years ago.
And also, however it has been CREATED in the name of Islam, it is still struggling to achieve that status.
What seems to be the problem?

One more important point, why is it that the whole of Pakistan (muslims) is looking towards NWFP to turn the country into an Islamic state while the majority and the rich Pakistanis live in Punjab.
If the majority really wanted it, would have it not already happened?
Or is it that Punjab is interested in something else?
Please forgive me, but I see that something is not right, or is it me?

I apologise to all for bringing up this kind of issues, but I am really confused by this whole scenario. Please enlighten me.

Wassalam,
your brother in Islam

apocalypse77

One more important point, why is it that the whole of Pakistan (muslims) is looking towards NWFP to turn the country into an Islamic state while the majority and the rich Pakistanis live in Punjab.
If the majority really wanted it, would have it not already happened?
Or is it that Punjab is interested in something else?

I suppose ure implying that those "rich pakistanis" are actually the less religious muslims in pakistan who wana escape the islamic state kind of government?

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
well, as you can see from my post, i really dont know and I am seeking the answer.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
I've seen it on BBC. And the Mufti was saying that he wantsd Pakistan to be based on Sharia laws. I was also thinking that it was a good idea for them to do so.

hafz

Bawar , I think you are seeing what you want to see rather then what is being discussed .You probably are not familiar with Pakistan and have not met the sort of people I refer to.This is not a nationalistic issue so please don't make it out to be that. Don't be prejudiced just because its Pakistan .There is always two ways at looking at an argument.
If the ummah was in any state then Israel would not have occupied Palestine nor America Iraq ,and need I speak of Dubai or Libya OR Saudi Arabia or India etc.I don't think they are any different to the vast majority of Pakistani's.
It is not a matter of being a new or old muslim nation but a matter like you say of being the most pious , isnt that the exact point . Don't take me wrong pious muslim exist all over the world but the true spirit of Islam is very hard to find anywhere.
.Do you know the Punjab ? Have you been there and met the different sorts of muslims who live there.?
By the way are you an indian muslim? Though nationalities make no difference to me and never have and I hope insha-allah never will .

Somair

My parents are from Pakistan and I think Bawar is exactly right. For some reason Pakistanis are the most nationalistic of the Muslims I have seen. I hate nationalism because there is nothing good about it, it's simply a divider. Pakistanis need to get over 'Pakistani Pride' and maybe do something about building good basic infastructure such as sewage systems, roads, and such. Nuclear capacity is NOT a sign of military prowess. Many countries in the world can build a nuclear weapon and far far better delivery capability than Pakistan but they chose not to, NOT because Pakistan has done something that others can't. And I really don't think the assertion that Pakistan's conventional military is much better than others in the Muslim world is true either...

Bawar , I think you are seeing what you want to see rather then what is being discussed .You probably are not familiar with Pakistan and have not met the sort of people I refer to.This is not a nationalistic issue so please don't make it out to be that. Don't be prejudiced just because its Pakistan .There is always two ways at looking at an argument.
If the ummah was in any state then Israel would not have occupied Palestine nor America Iraq ,and need I speak of Dubai or Libya OR Saudi Arabia or India etc.I don't think they are any different to the vast majority of Pakistani's.

It is not a matter of being a new or old muslim nation but a matter like you say of being the most pious , isnt that the exact point . Don't take me wrong pious muslim exist all over the world but the true spirit of Islam is very hard to find anywhere.
.Do you know the Punjab ? Have you been there and met the different sorts of muslims who live there.?
By the way are you an indian muslim? Though nationalities make no difference to me and never have and I hope insha-allah never will .

hafz

Somair, there you go again. Nobody is saying that either .The point is not the nation or it's nuclear capability , why do you people just want to see what you want to see ? As muslims we need to see the positives of each other in order to unite not to say well your just saying that because your Pakistani.
I think it is you who are making it a nationalistic issue .There are many people who are nationalistic Pakistani just as there are many arabs who consider themselves superior to other muslims because they are arab .But this is not the point being made so please don't be so shortsighted by bringing up a nationalistic division.