slaam brothers and sisters

ny786

:hijabi: I have recently started to wear a head scarf and I feel good but in the are I live people look at me different. They cross the road soon as they see me..i have never done anything to hurt oh upset anyone..am I different now that I wear a scarf?

Haimi

:hijabi: I have recently started to wear a head scarf and I feel good but in the are I live people look at me different. They cross the road soon as they see me..i have never done anything to hurt oh upset anyone..am I different now that I wear a scarf?
assalamo alekom dear sister and hey! gz to beign a muslima. welcome. imo just hold the pain and by the time you can feel that you dont get hurt by it anymore. i recommending you to read about *Sabr* on an islamic act from quran or related books. 100% the creatore who invited you to islam can protecing you of that small issue too. just......BELIVE

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Wa alaykumussalam

Welcome to forum, you both.

Don´t worry about others, sister. It takes some time and after that you don´t notice anymore how others looks at your hijab. Sure it might look different if there where you live, haven´t many muslims. Same was here too when I started to use it (about 20 years ago) but nowadays, if someone staring at me, I usually don´t notice it anymore.

And congratulations for you as started to use hijab. :hijabi: When others stare at you, smile to them and show you are not hostile.

ny786

Wa alaykumussalam

Welcome to forum, you both.

Don´t worry about others, sister. It takes some time and after that you don´t notice anymore how others looks at your hijab. Sure it might look different if there where you live, haven´t many muslims. Same was here too when I started to use it (about 20 years ago) but nowadays, if someone staring at me, I usually don´t notice it anymore.

And congratulations for you as started to use hijab. :hijabi: When others stare at you, smile to them and show you are not hostile.
Thank you sister I have so happy to hear that it's great to have good people like you in this world..

where do you live sister? I just reverted and I live in a small town so I know how you feel. I hope someday I can wear hijab all the time inshallah but for now only when I'm out of town because my family will be very angry if they find out I converted :(

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

Be patient dear sister. The day when you can freely and proudly use hijab will come. I´ll make dua to you that Allah will makes it easy to you.

:)

Haimi

Enshallah. Remember that. Always whisper that dua for yourself:
Mashallaho kan va ma lam yasha lam yakon. ماشااللّهُ كان و ما لمْ يشاْ لم يكن.
BTW thank you sister Herb for your hospitality.

a_stranger

Dear sister don't worry a lot about people . Some day we all will die and face our creator. You are obeying Allah subhanahu wa taaala , feel proud. All people will act that way when they see something strange, but then they will get used to it . Be kind and humble . Show them the good islamic manners , they will love you.

Arfatzafar

keep it up. Let them do.