Question: Questioning Faiths

Haimi

Assalamo aleykom. Hey! Stopvyour horses for me. You started a conversation agsin without me:(

If you've diabet then fasting not just allowed but also HARAM! Yes you heard me right. But instead you need to do something elsr since you're not allowed to fast. Remember don't enjoy your food and drinks during the time and remember this is a very secret act in islam to get very close to allah from a nowhere place. Also answer me
When a little bird opening eyes to the world, is it possible for them to fly right after they borned? It will take times right? Then why you dont give that answer to yiur question ?

Arfatzafar

Someone asked me what got me interested in Islam. I told them iv always liked Islamic Architect ie Alhambra . Granada Spain(I know its is not middle east) .I enjoy many things from the middle east including belly dancing, to food.BTW I make killer chicken shawarma...

I find that there is beauty and simplicity in the Islamic faith, but the culture of the east has twisted it turning from peace to being brutal and savage.

I still said always said iv believed in a higher power and that guides(Angels) were sent to watch over us.

Points in favor of Islamic faith for me are
They practice what they believe
men protect and provide for their wife
Men are not to abuse their wives(or any woman) in any form mental-emotional, and physical.
They give to charity ,help the poor and needy
the quran clearly defines animals rights: you must be able to care for them and provide food water housing and medical.

However im just not sure I can give Christmas and the fall holidays I grew up with.I like the christmas tree its so bright and cheery and help keep the winter depression away.

Can Muslims listen to music?
Put up an X-mas tree without honoring jesus?
Have earrings showing but still have the hijab on?
What about wearing jewelry openly and being Muslim?

I don't wear jewelry often but it makes feel more feminine ...

I did say my Shahaada but it didn't sound to me so sure..maybe because I said it in Arabic. Then I started to read about Sharia law. It makes me uneasy, how much of it is culture and how much of it is based on faith.It seems to contradict what is written in the Quran. Iv visited with local Mosques in the area all very welcoming. Iv done the ritual washing and even prayed it all felt very right , but again im not sure about doing it 5 times a day, im a night owl, Im also a diabetic I wouldn't be able to fast during Ramadan. I haven't told anyone at the Mosques when I visit that iv already said my Shahaada because im unsure and still have questions.

Someone please help to understand better this "religion" which i'm realizing is s much more, it way of life ...im lost- at this point im not sure what I am - anyone one on hear from the dallas fort worth area of tx?
welcome sis,
glad to know of you.

Islam teaches to spend a disciplined life in this world so that we may be successful in hereafter, the ever lasting life. Keep in touch with scholars. Study Quran and Hadith. If you see any doubt, consult scholars instead of concluding at your own discretion. Try to mould your doings and sayings in accordance with Quranic teachings. InshaAllah it'll be easier for you to accommodate. A few thing you've mentioned in your post, however, make up your mind to follow Islam 100%.

May Allah swt keep you steadfast on deen. Ameen