Scary Children in Syria:

a_stranger

34 Syrian Children Killed Since Ceasefire: Report
05/01/2012 10:33 am ET | Updated Jul 01, 2012
  • Reuters/The Huffington Post
UNITED NATIONS, May 1 (Reuters) - More than 34 children have allegedly been killed in Syria since a shaky truce between President Bashar al-Assad's security forces and opposition groups took hold on April 12, the U.N. special envoy for children and armed conflict said on Tuesday.

"Since a truce was agreed on April 12 ... and despite the deployment of United Nations ceasefire monitors, more than 34 children have allegedly been killed," special envoy Radhika Coomaraswamy said in a statement.

"I urge all parties in Syria to refrain from indiscriminate tactics resulting in the killing and wounding of children," she said.

(Reporting by Michelle Nichols; Editing by Doina Chiacu)

According to U.N. human rights chief Navi Pillay, the regime has targeted childrenintentionally.

"They've gone for the children - for whatever purposes - in large numbers. Hundreds detained and tortured...it's just horrendous," Pillay said in a BBC interview.

In February, Human Rights Watch issued a report documenting at least 12 cases of children who were tortured and detained under "inhumane" conditions. In one case, a boy reported being cuffed by his hand to the ceiling of a cell. "They left me hanging there for about seven hours, with about one-and-a-half to two centimeters between me and the floor I was standing on my toes," the boy said.

GlobalPost reported on the case of 13-year-old Hossam, who was allegedlyblindfolded and physically assaulted by security forces. The boy described having his big toe nail ripped out with pliers and being beaten. Hossam told GlobalPost of his experience:

"He was shouting at me, 'You want freedom? You want to topple the regime?' And he beat me. They asked me, 'What is your name? What is your father's name? Where are you from? Why did you join the protest?' He showed me a video and said 'Isn’t that you?' I said no and he beat me. 'Isn’t that you?' No. He beat me. 'Isn’t that you?' Yes. He beat me more."

According to opposition groups, more than 11,000 people have been killed since the start of the uprising last March.

a_stranger

I am sorry for hurting you dear brothers and sisters but it is a true tragedy going on since years and no body cares.Children and innocents are being killed and tortured by the blessing of the world . The pictures are telling more than any mind can bear but it is the truth . Merciless cruel tyrants are killing ,oppressing torturing people of Syria.

Haimi

I
I am sorry for hurting you dear brothers and sisters but it is a true tragedy going on since years and no body cares. Children and innocents are being killed and tortured by the blessing of the world . The pictures are telling more than any mind can bear but it is the truth . Merciless cruel tyrants are killing ,oppressing torturing people of Syria.
Iranian government s and unity people do cares as you can see we send for them foods medicines and even military stuffs. Alot of my dear brothers died there:( i miss them:(
Brother who just had marry 1-2 years ago. Brothers with child that has 2-3 years old. Man of allah that are among us. I dont want to send their pictures otherwise you will lose your hope to this bloody world.
They skinned one my friends face, then his sides and back, caught his fingers with blade and tortured him for 10 day, before the operation he was playing with his little 2 years old sun. And I'm still eating in my house. God damit.

a_stranger

People of Syria wanted their freedom and dignity , Iran and now Russia sent their men and weapons to stop that struggle of an unarmed peaceful nation and supported the oppressors , I hope that you read more about the conflict .

Haimi

I don't read. We go there and see. There's a big different between hearing and watching.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Isn´t Iran and Russia support Assad who at the first hand attacked against unarmed people whose demonstrated against his regime? (I think she meant that.) I had friends there at that time whose got seriously injured and hardly stayed alive after Assad´s soldiers attacked against them. Personally to say, the situation in Syria is already so messing that it´s difficult to say who is oppressing who. What could help in this situation? Should international troops take the power? But if they are the western troops, then many groups will take a new target from them.

Haimi

Just lost my hope. Enshallah i will reply to this when i get strength.
To be honest just dissapoonted.

montazer-zohour

Translation of Video :

A confession of takfiri in Altunesiah network:

-- The plan was to destroy the mosque.

** Why to destroy the mosques??

-- Most of Army forces are sunni . If we destroy one of Important mosques , they will be devided from army.
We did this plan to show poeple : watch shias ...they destroy the mosques. Do understand the plan?

**wait to I can realize. you destroyed mosques with name of (bashar Assad and Army).?

-- because we wanted that all forces of army that were sunni join to us and army be weak.

** Were u writing any thing on the wall when u destroyed mosques??

-- when we destroyed mosques we were writhing name of army , syria and Bashar(assad).

** you burnt Quran and show that enemy of Islam did this.?

-- I didn't burn Quran.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
As I wrote before, situation in Syria is nowadays so messing that its difficult to say who is oppressing who. One thing is sure - victims are the Syrian people. They are now on the playground of many different kind of armed forces and political plans. Many countries already take part to this conflict and they have different kind of goals; some want to keep Assad in rule, some don´t. Some afraid Daesh, some don´t want to share their power with other outside countries, there are the USA and Russia in their new almost-cold-war position, some see it only as one tool in their very own tool box to rule the area of the Middle East. All news we read are politically biased, depending who has wrote them. One thing is same with all: they are interesting to strengthen their own influence in the region. One other thing is also same to those outsiders. They care nothing at all the Syrians themselves.

Just my own opinion.

Haimi

I agree with some of it, but as our leader said it doesn't come to power when iran is defending. It's all about islam, muslims and the bad guys who want to scratch our faces slowly and slowy until they skin our face.
It's about defending poor people even if they aren't muslim.
Someone has to do something with USA and israeil plans in middle east instead of shaking our hands with them.