ama6621

Assalam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatu

I am a muslim by birth by the grace and the mercy of Allah SWT. Each day of my life I am thankful to Him that He bestowed upon me this greatest privilege by letting me be a muslim. It is only His favour and mercy that I am a muslim.

I am an Indian girl who now lives in the USA. My mother tongue is not arabic though I can read the Quran in the arabic language. I read the interpretation of the same in English.

Here is something that helps me learn Surahs in Arabic. I hope Insha Allah this tip will be useful to some of my brothers and sisters who wish to be able to memorize them.

- I download surahs from http://allahsquran.com/listen/index.php and make audio cds of them. I have to travel a long distance to work and play these cds in my car. After all, once we get into the car, most of us reach for the radio anyway. Instead, I keep replaying each surah that I want to memorize for days till I am sure that I can recite it without any errors. Sometimes I also keep a copy of the transliteration of the surah in English so I make no mistake in understanding the recitation.

Here is a question I hope someone will be able to help me with:

- On most nights, by the grace of Allah SWT, I wake up for the Tahjjud prayer. However after the Isha prayer I also pray the Witr salat. Just in case I do not wake up for Tahjjud, I do not wish to miss the Witr prayer. Do I have to repeat the Witr prayer again after Tahjjud? This issue confuses me a lot and I would appreciate if someone can rightly guide me.

May Allah SWT bring light into our hearts. Ameen.

-ama6621

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

welcome sister to TTI..enjoy ur stay

<wasalam>

3assal

Salam Aleikum Sister!

I enjoyed reading your post, mashallah (i will follow your advice in regards to the radio). I hope that you enjoy your stay here and that all your questions are answered inshallah.

jazakallah khair

sister 3assal :)

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
AsalamAlakum,

Welcome to TTI,

It’s nice to have u join this lovely community.

Insha Allah u benefit from us as we from u.

Enjoy ur stay Insha Allah,

Take Care,