Hadith Hadith

Abu Juwairiya

"The Prophet (SAW) said, 'The Muslim is the brother of his fellow Muslim; he does not wrong him or let him down. The one who meets the needs of his brother, Allah will meet his needs."

Abu Juwairiya

Rasulullah (SAW) said: "People should give up their pride in nations because this is a coal from the coals of hell-fire. If they do not give this up Allah will consider them lower than a lowly worm which pushes itself through khur (feces)."

[Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi]

Abu Juwairiya

'Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (PBUH) as saying: A believer is self-respecting and Allah is extremely self-respecting.' (Muslim)

Abu Juwairiya

'O Allah! I ask of You Your love, the love of whoever loves You and the love of that deed which would draw me to attaining Your love."

(Tirmidhi)

Abu Juwairiya

Jâbir (may Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Prophet (PBUH) said: “Friday is comprised of twelve hours. There is one in which a Muslim who asks Allah for something will have it granted to him. Seek it in the last hour after `Asr.”

[Sunan Abî Dâwûd (1048), Sunan al-Nasâ’î (1389) and Mustadrak Al-Hâkim(1032)]

Abu Juwairiya

Narrated Abu Sa’id al-Khudri, “Allah’s Messenger (SAW) addressed the people saying, Allah gave a choice to one of (His) slaves to choose this world or what is with Him. The slave chose what is with Allah.”

Abu Bakr wept, and we were astonished at his weeping caused by what the Prophet (SAW) mentioned as to a slave (of Allah) who had been offered a choice, (we learned later on) that Allah’s Messenger (saws) himself was the person who was given the choice, and that Abu Bakr knew more than us.

Allah’s Messenger (SAW) added Abu Bakr has favoured me much with his company and property (wealth) more than anybody else. If I were to take a Khalil [2] other than my Lord, I would have taken Abu Bakr, but the Islamic brotherhood and friendship is sufficient. Close all the gates in the mosque except the gate of Abu Bakr.”

[Vol. 1, Hadith No. 466]

Abu Juwairiya

"The Prophet (SAW) said, 'Learn the Qur'aan and recite it because the example of a person who learns the Qur'an and recites it is like a bag full of
musk, from which fragrance emanates and spreads in every direction.

On the other hand, the example of a person who learns the Qur'aan and then sleeps with it in his heart is like a bag of musk, the mouth of which has been sealed."

Abu Juwairiya

'The Prophet (SAW) said, 'Whoever is appointed to carry out a public task shall be brought forward on the Day of Qiyaamah and made to stand on the bridge
spanning Jahannam. If he carried out the task well, he will be saved, but if he did not fulfil the responsibility, the bridge will shatter and he will fall for
seventy years into Jahannam.'

Abu Juwairiya

Rasulullah (SAW) commented, "Leaders stand at the door of oppression (are prone to oppress) except for those whom Allah saves (from committing
oppression)."

Abu Juwairiya

The Prophet (SAW) said, 'Allah will honour the person who honours His Ameer and will disgrace the person who disgraces Allah's Ameer."

Abu Juwairiya

"Narrated Ka'ab Ibn Malik, the Prophet (SAW) said, 'Verily, the soul [nasamah] of the true believer becomes a bird in the trees of Paradise."

(An Nasai and Ibn Majah]

Abu Juwairiya

"The believer's soul [becomes[ a bird which feeds upon the fruits of the trees in Paradise, until Allah returns it to its
body on the day he is resurrected."

(Ibn Majah, Nasai and Ibn Malik)

Tafseer: "The souls of the righteous believers will also be in Paradise, but in the form of birds and not inside birds. Yet these souls will not be free to roam as
those of the martyrs."

(The Exorcist Tradition by Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips, P 23, 1993)

Personal Comment:

A major difference between the martyr and the righteous believer is that during the stage between the first death and the Day of Decision is that full access to all of Paradise will be given to the martyr whereas the latter will have restricted access to Paradise. Both will not be in the form of human beings during this time.

Abu Juwairiya

Ibn Abbas narrated, " The Messenger of Allah (SAW) would spend many consecutive nights and his family did not have supper, and most of the time their bread was barley bread." (Tirmidhi 2360)

Abu Juwairiya

"Whoever asks Allah for Jannah 3 times [Allahumma inni as'aluk al-Jannah], Jannah will say: 'O Allah, enter him into Jannah.'" (Tirmidhi)