Article What is The Reality of Human Soul?

Mohammad Rafoqie

science-soul.jpg

What is The Reality of Human Soul?

By Mohammad Rafique Etesame

The infidels of Mecca asked three questions from the holy Prophet Mohammad PBUH as:-

(1)What was the reality of Soul?

(2)Who was the Alexander Zulqarnin?

(3)Who were the Gog Magog (Yajooj Majooj)?

The holy Qur’an replied as, “They will ask thee (O Mohammad PBUH) concerning the Spirit (The soul). Say the spirit is by command of my Lord, and of knowledge ye have been vouchsafed but little” (Al-Isra :85)

It means that the people have been given a little knowledge about reality of the soul. The question is: than what is the reality of the soul and what she does? So when a soul enters into a body, the body begins to move and the entire motion of it belongs to two categories as:-

(1)To gain profit.

(2)To become safe from any loss.

But entering a soul into a body does not mean here that a body comes into being at first and then a soul enters into it; but in means the body with soul or a living body and the “enters” used here only to state the motion about the soul.

As regards to the reality of the soul, so Allah Almighty Says in the holy Qur’an, “His verily is all creation and commandment. Blessed be Allah, the Lord of the Worlds” (Al-a’raaf: 54).

According to the commentators, there are two points, first is the “khalq” (to create) and the second is the “amar” (to order).

It means to order to it that “go on the work for you have been created!,” so the body begins to move. This law applies to the entire bodies and souls whether they are of human beings or other creation like the animals or the birds etc.

As regards the machinery like an electric motor, so the electricity is its soul and so and so.

Now the question is: when the function of a soul and particularly of the human being, is to move, than what should be it’s real motion that lead it to the real profit and loss? So the holy Qur’an reveals, “And a soul and Him Who perfected it, And inspired it (with conscience of) what is wrong for it and (what is) right for it” (Ash-Shams : 08

These verses reveal that Allah Almighty has inspired into every soul its right and wrong, i.e. profit and loss. The question arises: then what is the real profit and loss of a soul, so the holy Qur’an reveals, “I created the jinn and mankind only that they might worship Me. I seek no livelihood form them, nor do I ask that they should feed Me. Lo! Allah! He is that gives livelihood, the Lord of Unbreakable might” (Az-Zariyat : 58).

According to these verses, the real profit of a soul is to worship of Allah Almighty, it means accepting the religion of Islam and to follow the entire commands of Allah Almighty, and the real loss is to follow one’s own free will and wish and to surrender before the commands of Satan Iblis.

The holy Qur’an reveals, “And whoso seeks as religion other than the Surrender (to Allah), it will not be accepted from him, and he will be a loser in the Hereafter.” (The Family of Imran: 85)

It means that those who accept Islam, will be the real profiteers and those who do not accept it, will be the losers. So it is necessary to everyone that he make him/herself surrender before Allah’s commands, so that he might be among those who will be given glad tidings at the Day of Resurrection as, “But ah! Thou soul at peace! Return unto thy Lord, content in His good pleasure! Enter thou among My bondmen! Enter thou My Garden”! (Al-Fajr: 30)