For the reverts, which verse in the Quran convince you its the word of Allah?

gazkour

Not just a verse

I'm a revert to Islam, Glory be Allah! I was born catholic, but then converted to christianity.
I would say : what convinced me that the coran it's the word of Allah was the impact that every verse made in my life. Also the fact that I knew this verse from the Bible saying : "you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32 as well as Proverbs 30:5-6 "Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar." (NIV).
I also found no contradictions as I did find in the Bible. Since God is all perfect, His revelation must be perfect and accurate, free from mistakes, omissions, interpolations and multiplicity of versions.
" Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects Taghut (evil) and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trust worthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. " (Qur'an 2:256) .

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaauAlaikum,

Sister, it is not one verse but the 'Message of Quran' which becomes the source of inspiration. The ideology of Islam. There might be very rare case when someone listened to only one verse of Quran and reverted, such as a highly notable doctor of Embryology reverted to Islam when he came to know that the research he has verified is already there in Quran.

WassalaamuAlaikum,
VE

apocalypse77

erm..what i meant to say was upon reading all the verses from the quran which verse manage to struck a chord and make you convince 100% sure its the word of god..i dont mean by cherry pick a verse and then realise its the word of god

Halloween Harry

Sister, it is not one verse but the 'Message of Quran' which becomes the source of inspiration. The ideology of Islam.

I don't doubt for a minute that this is true, however the implication in the question being asked is if some people have been touched by certain verses first or more than others.

There might be very rare case when someone listened to only one verse of Quran and reverted, such as a highly notable doctor of Embryology reverted to Islam when he came to know that the research he has verified is already there in Quran.

What's his name ? It's a bad idea to go around talking about "highly notable" people without providing a name or evidence of such an event.

The reason I say this is because of an incident a long time ago at work. Someone found a photo of a cow with a body patter in the shape of a map of the earth. He emailed it to us at work & so many people replied :subhanallah: :subhanallah: to what was obviously a photo-shopped image.

The incident I just told you is true, but the only evidence of it's existence is your personal experience with that photo and the level of trust you have in the person posting it, there is no other empiracle evidence of it's existence.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
What's his name ? It's a bad idea to go around talking about "highly notable" people without providing a name or evidence of such an event.

I think the brother means this Doctor here, but i dont know his name.

[yt]Tzcdh8sDoh8[/yt]

wasalam.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

My weak memory. I dont remember the doctor's name correclty. But here I have found some examples of scientists who are either accepting Islam or admitting that the Quran is of devine source:

http://www.islam-guide.com/ch1-1-a.htm

Videos here:
[yt]moIugsgKU9I[/yt]

[yt]fAmhsU5hqNI[/yt]

Here is one revert too:
[yt]D1fqFDqoU6g[/yt]

Wassalaam,
VE

Zaarah

Salam,

That's a really interesting question!

For me it's not one specific verse from the Qu'ran but the simplicity of the Islamic concept, if that makes sense. The Bible states that a messenger would be sent by Allah to speak His message and this prophet would be one of us. It's so obvious to me that the Qu'ran is the last book from God and I would think it would be as obvious to all that read it.

Wasalam

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

assuming that one begins reading the qur'an with sura fatiha and then sura al-baqarah, i would say that sura 2:02 is an ayat that has always stuck with me because in the very beginning of the book it tells you with certainty that the qur'an is the kitaabullah ( word of god ) no other text can make that claim so confidently. another sura that sticks with me is sura an-nas.

:wasalam:

thosa

Allah Hu Akbar!Allah Hu Akbar!Allah Hu Akbar!Allah Hu Akbar!Allah Hu Akbar!Allah Hu Akbar!Allah Hu Akbar!Allah Hu Akbar!Allah Hu Akbar!Allah Hu Akbar!!

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
I am a born muslim, but I will give my opinion.

I wont give any details, just pay attention to the power in the words of the following verse as it gives you the full picture so briefly:

40:16

" (Of) the day when they shall come forth, nothing concerning them remains hidden to Allah. To whom belongs the kingdom this day? To Allah, the One, the Subduer (of all)."