Studying Muslim Community in GB

Ana_Anna

My name is Anna Adamska and I am studying cross-cultural psychology in Warsaw, Poland. Whilst my studies focus on cultural diversity, I put my interest in Islam. Now, when I am about to write my master degree thesis, I would like to materialize this interest. If I am to succeed, I need your help.

In this project I would like to take a closer look at the Muslim community in Great Britain. I am particularly interested in how Muslims find themselves being a part of the culturally diversified British society.

I am collecting information through simple questionnaire. My Pakistani friends in London helped me a big deal filling a number of questionnaires, but still it is too few to be a reliable survey.

So I dare to ask - would you be so kind and help me in my project? Filling out the questionnaire takes approx. 10 minutes.

Here`s the link: http://annas_dissertation.republika.pl

The questionnaire is anonymous, you do not have to disclose your names, e-mails or any other personal data. The results WILL NOT be considered individually and collected data will be used only by me and only for the purpose of my thesis.

I appreciate your help!

PS- If you have any questions about the project, feel free to write me on *********

Ana_Anna

questions?

Well, we are not allowed to give our emails, so If anyone is interested or want to ask me a question, please write a private message :)

Shukran for filling the questionnaire :)

Also if You have problems viewing questionnaire, try to do it via Internet Explorer if you are using other browser.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
Hi Anna,

There seems to be a problem with your questionnaire... even in internet explorer?

Edit:

Sorry..It's okay now :)

peace

Ana_Anna

:)

hope everyting`s ok
It`s best to view it in IE, other viewers can`t read it properly.
I have no clue why is that...

peace,
Anna

MubarekMuslimah

Hi Anna

I think it is too long - I began to lose interest after question 30. Also some of the questions are repeated. You should also be aware that theres a lot of reverts on this site so some of the questions wont apply to us in the same way as they might to born-muslims - for instance the ones about being pleased that you are muslim - as for us we have made conscious choice away from something else to Islam - rather than growing up with Islam. Hope you see what I mean - our answers to this would prob be the same as a born-muslims I would hope( the answer being yes I am pleased!) but we kind of come at it from another angle.

Hope that helps.

Peace

Ana_Anna

:)

hi:)

thank You for your remarks- I know that it`s too long and questions kind of repeat themselves ...
I couldn`t do anything about it- It is necessary for the survey to be reliable though.
Thank You for being patient while filling it:)
I appreciate everyone`s help

peace,
Anna

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Hi,
I filled your questionaire .But all questionaires in any questionaire have ambigiuos questions .Like yours:-the question-

Muslims are respected by the broader society?

In general.other groups view Muslims in a positive manner?

Overall,muslims are considered good by others?

This questions is ambigiuos to answer from your answers given by you.Because ,most of westerners have been influence by media the understanding of Islam .All westerners have access to media rather than knowledge from the muslims themselves. and Islam is being potray as oppressing woman,religion of terrorist ,religion belongs to arabs and so on,so on.So,regarding to your qeustion,most westerners who have been programmed by media they consider Islam is not good religion but barbaric religion .But to the people who have friends/contact/ask muslims they see is a beautifull religion and most of them they end up embrace Islam.

Conclusion:I think you,yourself who is carrying out research,I think should also know by yourself ''what Islam is''. And oneway to learn can be through genuine islamic website. Here are some of them:-

Thank you .I hope you will learn alots from this websites.

Ana_Anna

reply :)

I totally agree with You, that the image that create is wrong. Media will always show some deviations in order to keep their viewers. But it is up to us, people to belive it or not. I never create my opinions based on what I hear on tv.

At my school I had a lot of classes about Islam, it`s culture etc. Some of them were lead by Muslim proffersors that live in Poland or other proffesors well educated in this area. Me, myself have some close friends that are Muslim so I know that most of the things that are said aren`t so true.
And, myself I would never say that women in Muslim communities are treated bad or something. I have read Quran verses about women and I know what Islam gives women :)

Well, concluding I think I have some knowledge but I will sure visit those websites You gave me:)

As to the questions- I want to know what You think that others think about Muslims. It is not said that all Muslims consider themselves to be viewed in negative manner. Of course that media creates wrong stereotypes and You well know about it I`m sure, but not necessarly every Muslim experienced it, I guess:)

And most questionnaires are constructed on a scale (mine is 7 likert scale) in order to be reliable. Also it is easier to count the data if everyone has the same options to choose from rather than give blank space.

I don`t know if I answered Your questions but I tried:)

peace,
Ana

Muslim-

My name is Anna Adamska and I am studying cross-cultural psychology in Warsaw, Poland. Whilst my studies focus on cultural diversity, I put my interest in Islam. Now, when I am about to write my master degree thesis, I would like to materialize this interest. If I am to succeed, I need your help.

In this project I would like to take a closer look at the Muslim community in Great Britain. I am particularly interested in how Muslims find themselves being a part of the culturally diversified British society.

I am collecting information through simple questionnaire. My Pakistani friends in London helped me a big deal filling a number of questionnaires, but still it is too few to be a reliable survey.

So I dare to ask - would you be so kind and help me in my project? Filling out the questionnaire takes approx. 10 minutes.

Here`s the link: http://annas_dissertation.republika.pl

The questionnaire is anonymous, you do not have to disclose your names, e-mails or any other personal data. The results WILL NOT be considered individually and collected data will be used only by me and only for the purpose of my thesis.

I appreciate your help!

PS- If you have any questions about the project, feel free to write me on *********

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay here.

I will deffinitely fill out the survey and help in your research. It sounds like a very interesting research, please do publish your results here.

Hope everything goes well.

Muslim-

I totally agree with You, that the image that create is wrong. Media will always show some deviations in order to keep their viewers. But it is up to us, people to belive it or not. I never create my opinions based on what I hear on tv.

At my school I had a lot of classes about Islam, it`s culture etc. Some of them were lead by Muslim proffersors that live in Poland or other proffesors well educated in this area. Me, myself have some close friends that are Muslim so I know that most of the things that are said aren`t so true.
And, myself I would never say that women in Muslim communities are treated bad or something. I have read Quran verses about women and I know what Islam gives women :)

Well, concluding I think I have some knowledge but I will sure visit those websites You gave me:)

As to the questions- I want to know what You think that others think about Muslims. It is not said that all Muslims consider themselves to be viewed in negative manner. Of course that media creates wrong stereotypes and You well know about it I`m sure, but not necessarly every Muslim experienced it, I guess:)

And most questionnaires are constructed on a scale (mine is 7 likert scale) in order to be reliable. Also it is easier to count the data if everyone has the same options to choose from rather than give blank space.

I don`t know if I answered Your questions but I tried:)

peace,
Ana

very well said Anna

Ana_Anna

questionnaire

well...
frankly speaking I still need about 20 more :/
Hope i will collect them in the next 2 weeks :) It all depends on people willing to answer more than 60 questions, wchich I guess is hard to do( I assume most of them get bored by the questions #30, hehe)

I wanted to thank everyone who already filled my questionnaire.
It means a lot to me:)

Muslim-

well...
frankly speaking I still need about 20 more :/
Hope i will collect them in the next 2 weeks :) It all depends on people willing to answer more than 60 questions, wchich I guess is hard to do( I assume most of them get bored by the questions #30, hehe)

I wanted to thank everyone who already filled my questionnaire.
It means a lot to me:)

hope you get the 20 more people to complete the survey.

Yeh 60 questions is a lot, but it's not that long, because you can answer them really fast. So common people fill in the survey!

Ana_Anna

project

hello:)
Sorry for not being here for quite a long time...
Well... my project is not going so well. I started writing my thesis, but I still need more people to fill my questionnaire to start counting answers.
I`m still waiting.
When I`m done with the results I will definitely send it to all that are interested.

If anyone of You know some other pages I could publish my link to questionnaire, it would help me a big deal.

So, thank You fro asking. I hope it will get better and soon I will be able to show some results.

peace,
Anna

justoneofmillion

hi ana jindobre moya pienkna jak sie macsz dobry?alhmdulillahi still have some words but..............hope your project goes well inschallah

peace polska

Ana_Anna

assalam alaikum:)

Well,
it`s been some time since I last wrote here... My project is not going as good as I thought. I`ve already done all the work/ writing that I could without the results of questionaire, but now if I`m to move on I need them badly.

I have about 50 questionaires filled... Still need some 30 more...
It`s scares me because I may not make it on time in my university:(

So I would like to ask all of You one more time to help me. Maybe ask your friends? Do not be afraid, it`s totally annonymous (the only thing I get is numbers, not your answers)

I really do need your help and I want to share the results with You:)

thank You very much and waiting for some new filled questionnaires!

salam,
Anna

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Hello
sorry to see that you have been waiting for your survey for such a long time. Here is an advice for you. In order to attract more people to your survey on this forum, you need to bring it up to the front page time after time so that more people can see it. You can do that by posting a line or two on this thread.
I will fill it now.

Good luck

Edit: I just finished the survey but did not answer the last few questions as they were very personal and that may put off many people. So i hope that will not discredit your efforts.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Hi !

Hi Anna,

Sorry to say but I couldnt help as I am not from the UK. I answered all the questions but then at the end i cmae to know that its only meant for the people living in UK. Hope some more UK fellas will come out and fill the questionairre. K'mon guys its interesting, just do it ! :hearts: